Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The official Enforcer sticky thread

Downloaded, installed and reccomended to all. Thanks for the tip, bro.

oh... I got to do the 100'th post on the sticky!!
    Deng - Enforcer

Currently a bit busy

Rubi-Ka map downloads

I just remembered about this in a recent reply to a post, and thought I'd post the links here.

http://ao.rat.org/maps/ is a compilation of almost every map mod ever released for Rubi-Ka, brought to you by Rattycrat. One quick download get you everything, except.......

http://www.travel.to/rubi-ka Nepentheia's Big Map here is the only one not included in Ratty's Map Pack, because of it's large size.

Download and install both of those, and your AO map superiority will reign supreme!!
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

Shield/Reflect types and what they do:

ShieldAC - Sheild AC only does that amount of damage to your attacker. Shield AC does not reduce damage done to you. These are commonly referred to as Damage Shields.

ReflectAC - Reduces damage by that %. ReflectAC does not inflict damage on the attacker.

MaxReflectedDmg - This is the damage that gets reflected back on some Reflect shields (Like Soldier reflects). Pretty much the same as ShieldAC, only it's calculated as a different shield type. If you don't have a MaxRelectedDmg stat, your Reflect shield only reduces incoming damage!

ReflectAC with or without the MaxReflectedDmg component are commonly refered to as reflect shields. (As far as I know, there aren't any shields with just MaxReflectedDmg)

AbsorbAC - You will absorb this many points of damage. Once the shield has absorbed that many points of a perticular damage type, you will take damage normally. Commonly refered to as Absorb Shields.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

ToTW spoilers!!

Just found a new site here. It promises to have locations/guides for everything ToTW
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

Liked this so much I thought I'd put it here

Viable 2 Hand Edged Weapons

Seems like everyday there a post about what to do weapon wise. What works and what doesn't, where I should go after this, whats Uber and whats not. So I decided to throw together what I know. If you want to dissagree, thats cool, as long as its constructive and healpful.

2 Hand Edged normal (By normal I mean shop buyable or missionable)

Blunt Merchant Warblade Its fast and does decent damage. Very suitable for lower levels.
    Infact my weapon of choice until you are able to reach Tsunayoshi Smith

Which brings us nicely to...
    Meibutsu Katana of Celerity Good sword, a great option from ql 1 - 135
    Meibutsu Dai-Katana The more astute among you will note this one has no FA req. Cheap on IP but means you don't have any IP in FA which is groovy for using a Flurry of Blows. I guess its just a question of your own preferance.

Smiths weapons are about your best choice up to ql 135 (Your level 90ish) After that you really want to be doing more damage.

Longmoon I wouldn't go so far as to say this a good weapon but it'll do untill you find something better. Like....
    True Katana of the Loyal Samurai Its big!, its mean! and its slow as hell!.

I got mine equiped at about lvl 115. You need to dump IP in to melee init like it was going out of fashion but my goodness the damage is nice!
    Big Katanas can't be bought in regular stores, but they are missionable and buyable in Trader stores they are also in good circulation and therefore fairly common. They really do benifit from having a large Flurry though.

2 Hand Edged UBER! (By UBER I mean special drops off Unique mobs or boss drop or just Feckin hard to find)

Energy Scythe This is good, but this is better....
    Frost Scythe of the Legionnaire A serious bit of kit this. If Uber is your Game then this is your toy, until that is you can get

this....
    Stygian Desolator If you thought the Scythe was mean you need to try this! (I still see folk my level weilding these and I'm 121!)

Those three can be found from various MoBs in the Temple of the Three winds. Also worth a look though are these...

Tangleblade Its good! Its real good! but its Boss drop only and its pretty rare. Not as rare however as...
    Cuspidal Corpse Cutter Which is a real bad boy. Again though your going boss hunting for a rare drop.

Top of the line End game damage dealers...

Frost-bound Reaper Arguably the best 2HE weapon available in the game, certainly for use in Shadowlands. Massive Min damage means those hecklers will all love you teh most!

On RK however the FBR is beatable by these
    Queen Blade
    Enhanced Queen Blade
    But only if your properly set up.

Other wepaons of note are
    Abyssal Desecrator More based for PvP I gather friad I don't know much about it
    EoT The deposed King Once the most awsome weapon we could aspire to but now relegated 3 or 4 places on the damage chain and so rare I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

Coming soon updates on SL weapons.

Meantime though the Ax violeta is looking like it maybe worth a look.
    Last edited by Kissysuzuki; Feb 12th, 2004 at 15:41:12.
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Well done, I'm loving the Stygian myself :P
    Surge 201 MA, Surgikal 150 Enf, Xeqtrr 128 Agent

Time moves on... for those of you who still like planning, plotting and scheming then the new and improved Skill emmulator is right up your street.

http://www.geocities.com/ao_nillan/
    Riders of the Lost Org

Where does the CC drop (or where can I buy one?)

Wondering if it would be a suitable replacement for the Stygian.. Or where to go after it. Level 80 something now (I'm tired, I forgot) and the Stygian seems to be kinda weak against SL mobs. I switched back to my Frost Scythe, and was smacking the weavers in Ely for about 545 each swing.

Is this normal?
    Surge 201 MA, Surgikal 150 Enf, Xeqtrr 128 Agent

------------------------------------------
    1he weapon choices
    the level ranges are approximate , if you find a weapon that OD's what I've posted for that level range, use it

(levels 15-40)
    Phase Blade , comes from totw, not sure where exactally , some of the lower bosses

(levels 30-70)
    Frozen Tear of Uklesh is one step higher, decent choice if you can get them to drop (hint hint, low droprate)

(levels 71-124 )
    Chief Cook Cleaver 's are an exelent choice as well around the mid-low to mid levels , they range from 140-160 and apparently drop in shadowlands from outdoor camp bosses in adoins (dryads and things like that IMO better to just buy one then camp it)

Inner santum weapons (high level totw, levels 125+)

frost shard is a good choice if you didnt manage to get cook cleaver's , use these untill you can get/equip icebound hearts or inobaks drops from second floor

Icebound Heart is very similar to inobak but slightly less effective due to dmg and the lacking of the nuke , still nice weapons though. drops on the second floor

gelid blade of inobak is the top of the line untill we find/equip some of the crazy stuff in the end of shadowlands , this drops on the third floor from inobak the gelid (go figure) , its got an 8% chance per hit of doing a 960 damage nuke , the inobaks high min dmg is what really makes it shine

other choices :

Meibutsu Daito of Aptitude

Meibutsu Daito of Heart and Fist

Swift Meibutsu Daito of Heart and Fist

Meibutsu Daito of the Hard-Handed

Meibutsu Daito of the Ninja Trainee

All basically do the same ammount of damage but they have varied special attacks attached to them, so you can take your pick. If i'm not mistaken they sell from the melee-smith vendor in Deep artery valley (i'm in SL so I cant check my map and look for sure). These are a great pick if you cant quite get your hands arond your next "uber" weapon listed above, allthought these weapons only come up to ql 125 they are a fine choice.

oldschool, bad choice :
    SSC Byom Blade was a popular choice for a while , but due to its heavy weapons requirement and the fact that they suck compared to the newer weapons (chef cook & inobak), I wouldnt use them.

search keywords incase this post gets burried and i need to find it
    ninj00 - 1he - one handed edged - guide - weapon guide - omgzororrrr
    Last edited by Ninj00; Jan 11th, 2004 at 18:36:17.

Originally posted by Surge
    Where does the CC drop (or where can I buy one?)
    I got a ql 150 one from a dynacamp, which in turn i sold for 80M. Prices may have come down a bit since then. >.<

What about this AD i keep hearing about that is similar to the Stygian but is in IS?

AD refers to the Abyssal Desecrator

Which I'd completely forgotten about!
    Riders of the Lost Org

WORLD MAPS

Improvements to the game standards. (Just in-case Dyna changes his sig )

Shadowlands Massive improvment to the game one.

Riakos 1.2 RK Dyna camp map
    Riakos 2.0 RK Tower sites map
    Last edited by Kissysuzuki; Feb 17th, 2004 at 18:59:35.
    Riders of the Lost Org

bah someone pulled the link but they reposted it on the enf forms so no worry
    Last edited by Ninj00; Apr 24th, 2004 at 18:05:32.

Database error in WoltLab Burning Board: Link-ID == false, connect failed
    mysql error: Access denied for user: 'aodiscussion@localhost' (Using password: YES)
    mysql error number: 1045
    Date: 19.04.2004 @ 13:04
    Script: /hosted/ds/thread.php?threadid=104&boardid=49&styleid=5&sid=a 304c849a21c0c58996819c4e512c98a
    Referer:

There seems to be some technical problems with the database at this moment.
    Please use the reload-button of your browser to try again.
    If these problems continue, please contact the Admin of this Board.

Ah SO THATS HOW TO GET GELIDS ON!!!1

Woot!
    Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines

Seven Deadly Sins
    Seven Ways To Win
    Seven Holy Paths To Hell
    And Your Trip Begins
    Seven Downward Slopes
    Seven Bloodied Hopes
    Seven Are Your Burning Fires
    Seven Your Desires
    Agent suggestions by Sjofn : -new ql 190 nano "Call Airstrike", drops a Heckler on the target.

-=== how to equip gelids on a level 130 ===-

Originally posted by Xyboc/Nekrid
    Here is my heavily revised guide to equipping two Gelid Blade's at L130 as a Solitus Enforcer.

*Note* Atrox skill points vary in some areas, and can throw you off a few points when trying to do this at the same level. Most Atrox just level up to 140 for more perks, and an easier way to do this.

Gelid Blade of Inobek needs:
    1049 1he
    909 FastAttack
    904 Multi Melee

So...

1HE

588 Base
    210 QL200 Implants
    132 Team Skill Wrangler
    089 Edge of the Molybdenium
    020 Composite Melee Expertise
    009 IC/EoB/Comp Attrib Trickledown
    003 Achromic Ring of the Infantry Unit
    -----
    Total: 1051 1HE

FastAttack

548 Base
    210 QL200 Implants
    030 QL160 First Tier Enforcer Gauntlets
    028 QL200 Agi/Sense Implants (Full Set)
    020 +4 Sanguisigent Parts *5 (Body/Pants/Boots/Sleeves*2)
    020 QL140 Guardian Conductor of Learning
    020 Composite Phys Expertise
    009 FG/ES/Composite Attrib Trickle
    008 QL125 Org Contract - Reaction
    004 Ring of Divine Teardrops (+20 Sense/+10 Agi Version) Trickle
    003 Bloodshed Armband
    003 Shere/Enel's Earring
    003 Close Combat Manual (Or a related FastAttack Manual)
    001 QL150 Nova Dillon Armor Helmet Trickle (Just incase you find yourself short a point ;P)
    -----
    Total: 910 FastAttack

Multi Melee

588 Base
    210 QL200 Implants
    025 Black Clan Heavy Tank Armor
    020 Composite Melee Expertise
    020 QL140 Guardian Conductor of Learning
    020 +4 Sanguisigent Parts *5 (Body/Pants/Boots/Sleeves *2)
    017 QL200 Agility Implants (Full Set)
    012 IC/EoB/FG/Composite Attrib
    -----
    Total: 915 Multi Melee

*Note* I used Nillian's Skill Emulator, found here, and is an excellent twinking tool.

To see if this is doable for other breeds, run the Skill Emulator, and fill in the points above along with the appropriate breed to check. The items used above will most likely get you real close on other breeds, but levels will probably be needed for more trickledown from abilities to match the requirements.

Enjoy!

-=== EQUIPPING BCHTA ===-

Originally posted by Old Man Gigas
    Well, literally speaking, since you didn't specify breed or how far you're willing/able to twink

Lvl 120 Atrox:
    370 Sta Base
    75 Buffs/Pillows
    110 Implants
    29 6 Enhance DNA/1 Freak Strength
    14 +2 Nova Dillon (Not many twinks will have the sense to use ql 200 Nova Dillon... Not good twinks anyway. Much better places for IP)
    2 Caliginous Ring for the Infantry Unit
    --------------------------
    600 Sta (Str will be 605)

-Gigas

-=== Pained panther at lowest level===-

Originally posted by Arrice
    When I was looking for an original new idea for a twinkie, I played around with skill emulator and found out that it was possible to equip a ql 105 Pained Panther, and have it non-oe self.
    Of course, like all twinking, it takes time, effort but would be worth it.
    It is technically possible to have it on before, but not recommended since you will have no IP left for evades and some nanoskills.

First of all, lets look at the reqs

1001 2hE
    501 Fast Attack
    601 Brawl
    201 Dimach

The hardest part will be getting the 1001 2hE.

An Atrox Enforcer will have 430 2hE base, with maxed Str.
    +31 Reaver Perks
    +20 Expertise
    +40 Legchopper Gloves
    +190 ql 180 implants, possible to equip at that level.
    +89 Skill of the Highlander (might need CI to cast it)
    =800 skill exactly, which is enough to have it non-oe.

Then, for the 1001 req:
    800 skill
    +132 wrangle
    +35 hot-swapped Notum Blade-Staff ql 181
    +20 4 +5 or 5 +4 parts of Sanguisugent Armor
    +10ish trickledown from buffs and implants
    +13 from ql ~120 Infantry Crepuscule Body
    ~ 1000 2hE, and you can always ask your friendly guild to make org contracts for you if you are missing any points

Brawl Now:

430 Base
    +152 from 2x ql 180 Implants (the third one clashes with 2hE)
    +45 from Dirty Fighter, and +20 from Expertise
    = 601+ Skill

Fast Attack:

386 Base
    +190 from 3x Implants ql 180 and you get more than enough

I won't say anything about Dimach since the reqs are ridiculous :P

-----------------------

There that is my tiny guide for level -100 Enforcers, hopefully it has helped you. Even though there is nothing complicated about equipping that weapon, it is still lengthy and eats up a lot of IP.

Good Luck to you twinks !

-=== HOW TO EQUIP CLEAVERS AT LEVEL 60-70 ===-

Originally posted by Old Man Gigas
    Ah, another eager enforcer comes looking for my wisdom =]

The dilema of equiping cleavers on twinks, is not the 1he Req. I do believe you need to be atrox with Silken Legchopper Gloves and 1he Perks at lvl 60 though. However, the problem is meeting the 630 Multi-Melee (MM) at lvls 60-70.

Ok, here's the current setup for me:
    As a lvl 70 Atrox Enf I needed the Following to Equip a ql 160 and a 140 Cleaver:

Two Ambidexterous Perks: +25 MM
    Juggler's Treat: +10 MM
    Caliginous Ring for the Infantry Unit: +2 MM/Str/Sta/Agi
    Close Combat Fighter's Manual of Control: +2 MM
    Ql 160 Chef Cleaver: +20 MM
    Ql 150 Shining/Faded MM Implants: +112 MM
    Ql 146 Bright MM Implant: +47 MM
    Ql 150 Shining/Bright/Faded Stamina Implants: +86 Sta
    Ql 150 Bright/Faded Strength Implants: +43 Str
    Ql 150 Shining/Bright Agility Implants: +69 Agi
    Maxed Str/Sta/Agi/MM
    Buffs: Prodigious Strength/Essence of Behemoth/Feline Grace
    Compost Physical Special Expertise: +20MM
    Two Piece of Sanguisugent Armor: +4 Each (can't use gloves due to Silken Legchopper Gloves)

With all this, at lvl 70 I think I had 631-632 MM, enough to meet the 630 Req on a Ql 140 Chief Cook Cleaver in my off-hand. It took a lot of work, but there are also some other options you can utilize.

When I heard that lilleet, a lvl 60 Solitus Enforcer had equiped two Cleavers, I immidiately jumped on the math and the improbability of doing so. However, she has been banned for illegally equiping items, so she cannot be used as a precedent.

Here's what you would need at lvl 60:

Two Ambidexterous Perks: +25 MM
    Juggler's Treat: +10 MM
    Caliginous Ring for the Infantry Unit: +2 MM/Str/Sta/Agi
    Close Combat Fighter's Manual of Control: +2 MM
    Ql 160 Chef Cleaver: +20 MM **note Ql 140-159 Cleavers only add +16 MM so at lvl 60 a Ql 160 is required)
    Ql 80+ Melee Tower: +10 MM
    Ql 175+ MM Org Advantage: +7-10
    Ql 150 Shining/Faded MM Implants: +112 MM
    Ql 146 Bright MM Implant: +47 MM
    Ql 150 Shining/Bright/Faded Stamina Implants: +86 Sta
    Ql 150 Bright/Faded Strength Implants: +43 Str
    Ql 150 Shining/Bright Agility Implants: +69 Agi
    Maxed Str/Sta/Agi/MM
    Seven Pieces of Ql 88 Sanguisugent Armor: +4 MM Each **Note, Sanguisugent Armor is NODROP and has a lvl req attached. Ql 88 is the lowest ql that drops from Ql 115 Elysium Minxs and has a lvl req of 59/60**
    Composite Physical Special Expertise: +20MM
    Buffs: Prodigious Strength/Essence of Behemoth/Feline Grace

When I calculated this I believe I came up with ~616-625, which is not enough to equip a ql 140 Off-hand Cleaver. I do believe it would be possible if you managed to squeeze a few more points out of implants/abilities, but at the moment I'm doing this all off the top of my head. I do remember being short a few points though.

Also keep in mind I'm also setup to wear Tier 1 at lvl 60-70 so my setup reflects that. However, it doesn't really matter as the str/sta implants are required for both the Tier 1 and the MM trickle down.

I spent 200M+ on this character, and a great deal of time. Attempting this is not easy, but highly worthwhile. However, due to the time and money required I wouldnt recommend doing so on a character you intend to level, it's just not worth it. I did this for a lvl 70 pvp char, and he's never moving. I'd rather make and lvl another enforcer than change Icegigas. Today, the costs have gone down a lot, but your still talking 100-150M + time. Sure, now I could solo to the next 30+ lvls in a day, and I'd be set for wpns/armor till lvl 150, but why bother? Just hang in there with a styg, or a corpse cutter.

If there's any questions please ask, I've no problem helping anyone out with the setup. And If anything else comes to mind, I'll be sure to update.

Edit: This information provided is from my own personal calculations/experiences/achievements along from my AO Skill Emulator which I have found to be very reliable and accurate.

-Gigas
    Last edited by Ninj00; Aug 5th, 2004 at 21:03:14.

Nicely done Ninj00
    Riders of the Lost Org

alot of nice links in here aye, one thing I dont understand.. why is it only enf forums who got the offical sticky thread? :P

Originally posted by Charfbiz2
    alot of nice links in here aye, one thing I dont understand.. why is it only enf forums who got the offical sticky thread? :P
    Once upon a time everyone had one. But everyone wasted theirs. Contrary to expectation the Enforcers used theirs sensibly (mostly) and posted useful info on it.

So it remains to this day one of the most useful threads on any forum.

Yet another testemony to the durability of Enforcers!
    Riders of the Lost Org

Yeah I know, enforcer forums rock. I guess it proves that everyone else are post count slaves. Oh well, it could have had another topic imo :P

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast