Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do about those lil buggers that won't aggro mongo?

What to do about those lil buggers that won't aggro mongo?

In the tanking guide it says:
    - Dont try to obtain zix aggro away from others, They wont listen to you. Just concentrate on killing the mobs that spawn them as fast as possible.
    But what about the other lil buggers that spawn and ignore mongo? Would they react to single target taunt nanos? Taunt items? AOE attacks (Bring the Pain is all that comes to mind though)?

Starting to get frustrated on behalf of my doc friend who got killed twice doing the Biomare Lab Director because she grabbed pet agg and promptly became a corpse The lesson I've always learned is a good enf dies 1st and I'd prefer to be the 1st to die. Atm my enf is 65/5 Soli 1HB Enf if that affects matters, still getting used to tanking (and pulling a few too many mobs with mongo ><) but finding myself very frustrated with the adds that ignore mongo.
    RK2: Feelthelove. Atrox Adventurer L212/17: Equip | Pics: 1 2

Willowwhisp over on the Age of Conan Forums, waiting for the game with drool dripping out of my mouth.

Shiroi hada ni kuruu ai to kanashimi no RONDO

mongo, mongo and more mongo?

Quote Originally Posted by manaas
    mongo, mongo and more mongo?
    It doesn't seem to work... =/

Willowwhisp over on the Age of Conan Forums, waiting for the game with drool dripping out of my mouth.

I usually stop attacking to put some hit on these mobs and so taking the aggro back on me.

And I have one perk to help me more in this case as 1hb enf : Bring the pain
    RK1

Zyol Atrox Enforcer
    Dryact Atrox Shade
    Rullebor Solitus Fixer
    Whatbot Nanomage Engineer
    Aretmetik Solitus Doctor
    Lyderyan Opi Fixer
    Howlingstar Solitus Bureaucrat

Quote Originally Posted by Zyol
    I usually stop attacking to put some hit on these mobs and so taking the aggro back on me.
    But the guide said to "not" attack them but instead just focus on flooring the master faster, and if I were to change which mob I attack wouldn't I risk loosing aggro among other things? I kinda came in here hoping there'd be ahappy answer like "Hit the Lingo Matrix on it and it'll aggro"

And I have one perk to help me more in this case as 1hb enf : Bring the pain
    Yeah I saw it when I checked perk planner Not quite L200 yet ^^

use FoB and Rage to get the boss down as fast as you can even challenger if needed but be aware of the cooling down of this nano because u cant mongo for some time after using it .

I was talking in the case I got once and the boss got too huge hp to take him "quickly" down.

Maybe try the fear lines too.
    RK1

Zyol Atrox Enforcer
    Dryact Atrox Shade
    Rullebor Solitus Fixer
    Whatbot Nanomage Engineer
    Aretmetik Solitus Doctor
    Lyderyan Opi Fixer
    Howlingstar Solitus Bureaucrat

Quote Originally Posted by ReDTaunT
    use FoB and Rage to get the boss down as fast as you can even challenger if needed but be aware of the cooling down of this nano because u cant mongo for some time after using it .
    Kinda wasn't the answer I was looking for, sometimes we don't just have the power to take it down in time to save the doc, and in the case of the lab director the mobs stick after the boss's death. Seems to the idea to switch to the adds 'til they aggro would be better, which is kinda worrying 'cause it means I have to risk losing agg from the main boss.

I was talking in the case I got once and the boss got too huge hp to take him "quickly" down.

Maybe try the fear lines too.
    Fear lines I might have try.

might want to try having the doc and other squishies hang back a bit... if the zix/pet spawner doesn't see the doc/know he's there, he won't sic the pet on him. seems to work on ai raids anyways... also, from the other side (doc), if i have a sec where i don't have to heal i'll toss an ubt on any zix that are gnawing on any squishies... and lastly, tell your doc not to be afraid to kite

Quote Originally Posted by FitzOH
    might want to try having the doc and other squishies hang back a bit... if the zix/pet spawner doesn't see the doc/know he's there, he won't sic the pet on him. seems to work on ai raids anyways... also, from the other side (doc), if i have a sec where i don't have to heal i'll toss an ubt on any zix that are gnawing on any squishies... and lastly, tell your doc not to be afraid to kite
    That's really the best tip besides killing the pets owner faster. Run ahead of the squishies or tell them to hang back a minute and get the pet spawning mobs attention, Coccoon, wait a few seconds, then move back to the doc.

Most pet class mobs don't change there pets target once they send them out. Though I'm not really sure of that anymore since I target/kill Ankaris and pet class mobs before any others. The only mob I know for sure that does change its pet targets randomly is alien generals.
    enforcer.

sa int said, go for pet owners first sems to be a good solution.

on a side note tho. its kinda fun to see those zix eat up lowbies at raid
    chars.
    220 enfa
    220 doca
    220 keepa
    220 shada
    220 engia
    220 crata
    200 ma/fixa/nta/enfa

im proud to say i ones was advisor in Apocalypse and Dictator in Forsaken!
    captain smek irl! "Timelapse: I'll never forget Smekkes the soviet"
    aka bakerman
    smek!

Quote Originally Posted by FitzOH
    Quote Originally Posted by Int
    That's really the best tip besides killing the pets owner faster. Run ahead of the squishies or tell them to hang back a minute and get the pet spawning mobs attention, Coccoon, wait a few seconds, then move back to the doc.

Most pet class mobs don't change there pets target once they send them out. Though I'm not really sure of that anymore since I target/kill Ankaris and pet class mobs before any others. The only mob I know for sure that does change its pet targets randomly is alien generals.
    Ok, I'll give that method a shot for what it's worth. If the doc is far back from the mob but heals me will he or she risk pet agg out of curiousity?

as far as i can tell, once the pet has it's target it's on it until it dies or kills it's targets... doc can chain heal you all he wants and zix won't switch to him

Making sure the doc is UBTing the pets is also important. UBT sticks well to zix/pets, and usually nerfs them substantially.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Quote Originally Posted by Azza
    Making sure the doc is UBTing the pets is also important. UBT sticks well to zix/pets, and usually nerfs them substantially.
    very true. I know this kept myself and my team alive when we did alien ship without and enforcer. I much prefer tanking on my enforcer, but will do so with my doc when I have to
    Gables - Retired 220 Doctor

First off: if his enforcer is level 65, I seriously doubt his doctor teammate can UBT anything :/

Second: Have you tried single taunts?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos
    First off: if his enforcer is level 65, I seriously doubt his doctor teammate can UBT anything :/

well, there's always the lowbie versions.

and I'm pretty sure Zix don't change aggro (unless something's changed over the last few patches). It's basically whomever they see first. So yes, squishies hang back to let the Zix spawn if it is the case and then they chomp their pointy little teeth into the first meatshield they see.
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jajangmyun
    well, there's always the lowbie versions.
    Those are called BBT - Baby Body Tremors

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos
    No, I should actually try them but from this thread I'm guesing it doesn't work =/

And Azza, yes, my doc is doing Baby Tremors.

Quote Originally Posted by Jajangmyun
    and I'm pretty sure Zix don't change aggro (unless something's changed over the last few patches). It's basically whomever they see first. So yes, squishies hang back to let the Zix spawn if it is the case and then they chomp their pointy little teeth into the first meatshield they see.
    Even if you attack will they not change aggro?

Zix ignore soldier single-taunt nanos and taunt tools like jealousy, so I expect enforcer single taunts and taunt perks to also not work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast