Thread: A request to FC from all those who dont like PVP

A request to FC from all those who dont like PVP

Ok I have seen several threads here on the boards about people who dont like PVP. I happen to be one of those people. I tried PVP and found it to be not a matter of skill but a matter of equipment. PVP also tends to bring out the most immature people who seem to only be able to trash talk and gloat/whine (depending on if they win or loose).

What I am asking for is either an option at character creation or a form that would permantly remove a character from PVP. The way I see this working is that once this option is used a player can no longer attack or be attacked by another player no matter the gas level and that the tower gas level has no effect on the player so hunters can still use the areas.

I have thought hard on this and some will say that you gain an unfair advantage with towers then and to that I say your wrong. Towers are for the PVP'ers and I will gladly leave it to them. You will say you have a grace period to get out of a zone or area and to that I have two answers. Yesterday doing blitzes I come across two areas with towers that were in 25% mode. Both times I was down to within 15 secs of the timer running out even though I was in my yalm and flying in a straight line. The second answer is I pay my monthly fee's the same as everyone else and to suddenly have to dodge areas because of an activity I dont want to participate in or to close of whole portions of the game world is not right.

Now the last big argument for this being included. If FC would implement this into the game then at that point the whole world could be opened up to 25% gas and the PVP'ers could have the wars the desire while those of us who dont want to participate would not have to.

Im sure that Im going to get flamed for this and Im asking that you stop and think about the idea before you flame me. I respect your views and your play style all I ask is that you respect mine. No MMORPG should have open free for all PVP unless there is a way to permantly remove a character from PVP.

I guess I respect your viewpoint, but the minute they consider doing this, I'm leaving for good.

Personally, I hate "dueling", I consider it a complete waste of time. And.... I avoid it. But, I still enjoy the thrill of hitting a 25% zone, tabbing around carefully, being sneaky and quick, and getting where i need to be before the time runs out.

On the other hand, I love the tower mass-pvp battles- whether I live or die, it's just a heck of a lot of fun and choas. And it's not like you can't avoid it.

Heck, I don't even own a yalm on my main char now. It's not like you can't yalm away from pvp areas....

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

I'm not sure why allowing people who dont want to PvP to opt out would make you want to quit the game. These people wouldnt be attacking you in PvP areas anyway so your thrill would not be lessened.

I guess I am biased a little. My first experience in PvP was around level 80 when i was running back from the mort dungeons to MMD and a level 200MA called Aberic took out 3 of our team. Other experiences include snipers on the roof in 4 holes and grid campers in Stret East. This was before the 15 second grace period so you can probably see how getting killed by people with a 100+ level advantage over you can suck.

I agree that their should be some sort of opt-out system. Let the vast majority of people who just want to play the game get on with it.

If you want to make it easy, just open up a whole non pvp server and see how popular it gets. Maybe then you wouldnt need to patch it with the buggy as hell Notum Wars code and people could get on with the RP aspects that the game so richly promised but failed to deliver.

Tammi

Even if I like PvP, i can understand that some people don't.
    So I don't have any objection with your proposal and makin all 75% zones 25% ones can be really fun for those who choosed to be a PvPer. Not sure about the 100% zone, I think they should remain non PvP zones to have a safe place so sell and rest.

But the flag indicating the you won't PvP must be non reversible, because it would be too easy to make mission in non PvP mode then get back to PvP after.
    It also have to be a flag for all the characters of an account because it's rude to level a non PvP player to high level then twink a little PvP char, you choose to PvP or not.

For compensation, the non PvP players would not get any side XP points from NW, what I find normal because they would not be involved.

Originally posted by Thanatha
    So I don't have any objection with your proposal and makin all 75% zones 25% ones can be really fun for those who choosed to be a PvPer. Not sure about the 100% zone, I think they should remain non PvP zones to have a safe place so sell and rest.

But the flag indicating the you won't PvP must be non reversible, because it would be too easy to make mission in non PvP mode then get back to PvP after.
    It also have to be a flag for all the characters of an account because it's rude to level a non PvP player to high level then twink a little PvP char, you choose to PvP or not.

For compensation, the non PvP players would not get any side XP points from NW, what I find normal because they would not be involved.
    Sounds good to me. This is what I originally thought being "neutral" was all about. Less advantages, but no pvp. Sorta like how the law chip works in Neocron now. You get less xp, less gear options, etc, but you're not tab-able, selectable, for pvp.

Originally posted by Thanatha

As long as I can't tab to them and they are also invisible to me, that's fine. The last thing I want is a crowd of carebears surrounding the one person in the crowd who could fight.

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

Im not particularly fond of Dueling, and do like the group pvp situations, so I cant agree with a "Opt out of PVP" option.

Lemme explain why I say this, It doesnt bother me that some like to do it, and some just dont want to do it, but there is no thing as a perfectly safe world.

Now If you were to put in this option, then I (and tons of other players) would have to say that there will be tons of areas that you should not be aloud to go period. Bottom line is Im Omni if your Clan and in the Tarasque Room trying to kill Tara Im gonna kill you to win Tara for the Omnis, lotta work goes into those raids, and for it to be taken over by unattackable players would be the worse thing this game could do, it would only be about non-pvp damage teams at that point and the whole flavor of it would be lost. Just because you dont want to pvp doesnt mean you can ask that you would be allowed to go in there untouched, this game is called Anarchy Online after all, and it is about faction fighting and conflict, no offense but its in the name. I honestly would hate to see this game go non-pvp and have everyone running around claiming to be elves.

Like I said there is no perfectly safe world you have to deal with other players in one way or another, sometimes it interferes with what your doing, but whats a game without some thrills and dangers.

Jagdtyger