Page 1 of 20 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Proposed design: If you can't be attacked, you can't assist with buffs and healing

Proposed design: If you can't be attacked, you can't assist with buffs and healing

During land control battles we often see people outside the level range of the combat (e.g. level 200 buffers in a battle of a level 40-50 area, or level 125 Doctor healers in a 200+ area) participating as buffers and healers without fear of repercussions due to being outside PvP range for the combatants.

To help those who do not have the possibility of bringing in such backup, we are working on a system to make sure that if you're not open to attack, you can't participate in the battle by other means.

Basically, the design idea goes like this:

When...
    - in a land control area (not other PvP areas), and
    - a shield disabler has been used (starting the battle), and
    - you or your target are PvP enabled (no longer in the grace period)
    ...you are not able to buff or heal anybody who is not within your PvP range.

This means that if you could not attack the person in a Mayhem area (0% suppression gas), you're not allowed to help them during a land control battle.

Feel free to discuss this proposal here, especially what effect this would have on land control battles. Note that the change will not be in until after Christmas, so there's good time to gather feedback, and tweak it.

If you heal, attack, or buff anyone, in any political zone, you get PVP flagged for 30 minutes, with said side restrictions of the zone. (ie, if omni1 (sitting in 75% zone) heals omni2 in a 25% zone, omni1 gets flagged as pvpable for someone of opposing faction. Assuming omni1 is in a fight as well, he would be flagged because he is attacking someone.)

Make sense?

End.
    Last edited by Kinkstaah; Dec 3rd, 2002 at 12:14:11.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Sounds fine. But what will you do for people who are 'high level' and team with 'low levels'?

I've seen a LOT of higher level players teaming with lower levels and just wiping out the opposition. :P

Yepp that extension to the PvP rules when you team with other levels has to go!

If you just go with your own level when checking PvP, then should alot of trouble be solved.
    Dhur the Ninja Pirate NT!

I totally agree to Kinkstaah. Set pvpflag on people for 30 minutes for initiating combat or buffing/healing people who are under attack - easiest, fairest and most fun solution.

If you initiate an attack you want to pvp - we all hate it you fight player Y, player Y's friend picks on you and both run into 75% so your friend X can't help. Or they heal or buff with layers - if people do that they want change the result of the fight - simply pvpflag people who open fights or buff heal in existing fights.

This way it is fair for everyone.

Regards,
    Jannerik

Originally posted by Zylina
    Sounds fine. But what will you do for people who are 'high level' and team with 'low levels'?

I've seen a LOT of higher level players teaming with lower levels and just wiping out the opposition. :P
    Mind telling me where you saw that ? If a low-level teams with a high-level the lowlevel gets attackable by all the high-levels. It's not like the high-level can pick on all low-levels if he teams up with one.

Regards,
    Jannerik

Originally posted by Kinkstaah
    If you heal, attack, or buff anyone, in any political zone, you get PVP flagged for 30 minutes, with said side restrictions of the zone. (ie, if omni1 (sitting in 75% zone) heals omni2 in a 25% zone, omni1 gets flagged as pvpable for someone of opposing faction. Assuming omni1 is in a fight as well, he would be flagged because he is attacking someone.)

Make sense?

End.
    Bump!

I'd also like to see a solution to "lowlevel spies". Simpy not allowing them into a highlevel base while it's attackable would work.

Originally posted by Sent
    I'd also like to see a solution to "lowlevel spies". Simpy not allowing them into a highlevel base while it's attackable would work.
    Make towers ignore the PvP rules and attack anyone should solve this nicely... (if they don't do that already)

Warp 'em out when they try as well, no sense in them lagging down the battle

Originally posted by Dhurdahl

Make towers ignore the PvP rules and attack anyone should solve this nicely... (if they don't do that already)
    *bump* - exactly the way it should be.

Regards,
    Jannerik

Originally posted by Kinkstaah
    I don't think that helps the level 50s who just got attacked by another bunch of level 50s bringing three level 150s to heal them. They can't take on the level 150s anyway, so the PvP flagging doesn't help much (unless the high level cavalry arrives to take down the 150s).

It shouldn't be a requirement to have high level friends around to take out any high level helpers the enemies might bring, should it?

> I was being nice and didn't want anyone to get splatered. I think the towers might already ignore the levels but I was more concered with spies prior to the towers being activated.

errr another point here :

"To help those who do not have the possibility of bringing in such backup, we are working on a system to make sure that if you're not open to attack, you can't participate in the battle by other means."

That means i have to watch my mates dying in combat. This isnt a good solution. If people are arround and they want to join the fight let them do it - but give people on the opposite side also a way to react on that, e.g PvPFlag in initiating combat/outside buffs/heals.

Regards,
    Jannerik

A level 150 helping attacking a level 50 area don't really care much about the damage from the defending towers, and he can stay out of tower range anyway.

Originally posted by Jannerik
    errr another point here :

"To help those who do not have the possibility of bringing in such backup, we are working on a system to make sure that if you're not open to attack, you can't participate in the battle by other means."

That means i have to watch my mates dying in combat. This isnt a good solution. If people are arround and they want to join the fight let them do it - but give people on the opposite side also a way to react on that, e.g PvPFlag in initiating combat/outside buffs/heals.

Regards,
    Jannerik
    You'll only say that until you've had that level 100 doc CHing your opponents, and you can't attack him because you're too high.

Originally posted by Cz

I don't think that helps the level 50s who just got attacked by another bunch of level 50s bringing three level 150s to heal them. They can't take on the level 150s anyway, so the PvP flagging doesn't help much (unless the high level cavalry arrives to take down the 150s).
    I don't think a lvl50s would survive an attack by a bunch of lvl50s, no matter if they bring their lvl150s to heal or not. Fact is that you can call friends and attack at least the bunch of lvl50s when they get flagged. But i agree the mainproblem you are trying to focus at is not solved that way. Tho it's a pvpchange many people want to see because of gashogging/zoning/ganking.

Originally posted by Cz

It shouldn't be a requirement to have high level friends around to take out any high level helpers the enemies might bring, should it?
    It shouldn't, but at least it could be considered as an option that way.

So what needs to be changed :

- Attackers who initiate an attack get flagged.
    - You can't heal/buff without attacking your target.

Would'nt that be the best solution then, Cz ?

That way the bunch of lvl50 gets flagged and the lonly lvl50 can call for his friends. The Level150ish cant help.

But don't see only the lowlvl pvp - the highlvl content regarding this change should be checked as well.

As a lvl200 getting ganked by 3 other lvl200ish people the attackers get flagged. Others can then even assist when the fight moves into 75%.

Regards,
    Jannerik

Sounds good but certain example springs to mind. Lets say you have a group ranging from say 146 enforcer to 199 doc.
    This group should be balanced....Everybody can gain xp and so on.
    But when attacking towers sudenly doc cant heal enforcer any more cause of 150 PvP cap.
    So best thing to do would be to change PvP limits to reflect levels you can group with...aka 200 can heal or buff 144 but not lower.

Originally posted by Cz

A level 150 helping attacking a level 50 area don't really care much about the damage from the defending towers, and he can stay out of tower range anyway.
    Was also thinking about the other way around...

Aka, a lvl10 spy sitting safe in the middle of lvl150 chars/towers...

A lvl150 spy in a ql50 field would just ignore the towers though... they can't hit him, or do enough damage to make an impact.

Jannerik, I said level 50s, meaning to indicate a group of them, not a single level 50 defender.

Chela, high levels might work well with that, but it would give a too high range at lower levels, and lead to the ganking of helpless people.

How about special towers that divest and plunder anyone outside the area's QL range ?

Page 1 of 20 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast