Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yalmaha - 29500 - The Stiletto

I have to laugh my azs off every time I see someone in one of those new yalms just lurking around like everyone is supposed to be jealous of them. I could really care less about them myself. It's not like they take away from the bordom of the game. You don't need a yalm for 98% of the game anyway...NLC-->BS rince repeat. And the small 1% of the game where you do need a yalm I don't think it addes to the fun having some dorked looking yalm to get to point B. The Stiletto hemm well thats just some code that the dropouts FC calls their coding dept. wasted some time making code for.

Ya, I just don't get it they waste so much coding time on un-used content. All the items in the data base that never make it to the game, 3 of the wind katanas, all the rings of control (but the gimpy and useless profession rings made it), Augmented crat suits, and so many more items and then when new content that can be used hits it looks mostly just like eveything before it, Omni Armed Forces armor, So8, MA suits, new weapons that look exactly like old ones.

Glad to see those jewels like CAS armor hit the game, though it's not amazing armor, it's good for low level players, and looks cool, same with Sentinal armor.

I just wonder WHY funcom uses a shot of a GM in a Stilleto on cover of the booster box to help sell the game, when in fact it's just a RED HERRING. I also question the ethics of selling buffs for real CASH, which is basically the only given feature of the booster pack, I'm not knocking my extra 750 HP, or 40 to all weapon skills, but it's funny that I have an extra unfair advantage over players that don't fork over $19.95 US.

Thumbs down

I don't think they even care about the customers.
    The billboards are basically something to get the nubis to hook on and get more of their friends and family to join AO... Once they realized that they cant even use it then it would be too late and FC would got some money already to either fix it or take it out of the game and introduces a load of other bs in the game again... It's a market strategy, i think.... Hey, what do i know lol... i am a pharmacist.
    But i am very tired of this game and ready to move on. AC2 is sucks but i think i go and enjoy some other suckiness instead of this bs that FC put on their loyal customers... almost 2 years of this **** is enough. Time to move for me...

The funny thing is there is nothing stoping them from making even cooler stuff later, I mean it doesn't look like the bat-mobil or anything, I'd like to see new content in game that can be used by level 200 players other than 2 classes. They can always make something even cooler and more expensive.

Donkey carrot tricks are insulting.

Originally posted by Ityn
    Ya, I just don't get it they waste so much coding time on un-used content. All the items in the data base that never make it to the game, 3 of the wind katanas, all the rings of control (but the gimpy and useless profession rings made it), Augmented crat suits, and so many more items and then when new content that can be used hits it looks mostly just like eveything before it, Omni Armed Forces armor, So8, MA suits, new weapons that look exactly like old ones.
    Actually The 3 katanas didi make it Last patch.. Not 12/4 but before that. The Katana's are in the new Melee shop they just added EAST of 10-3 At the carbon rock area.
    ~Herich~ out.

Originally posted by Unit99
    I have to laugh my azs off every time I see someone in one of those new yalms just lurking around like everyone is supposed to be jealous of them. I could really care less about them myself.
    Who says they're lurking? I always just leave my regular yalm equipped instead of taking it off, does this mean I'm lurking too? Just because they happen to be in an area with their painted yalm on doesn't mean they're shooting jealous rays at you.

You conspiracy freaks piss me off.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Originally posted by Herich

Actually The 3 katanas didi make it Last patch.. Not 12/4 but before that. The Katana's are in the new Melee shop they just added EAST of 10-3 At the carbon rock area.
    ~Herich~ out.
    Are they? I know there are all the new mitibisiu or however it's spelled katanas out there, put some of those on my enforcer alt, and they are fun and look good, but are you sure the north, south and west wind katanas are there? This is the Tenysiou or however it's spelled smith you are talking about right?

Anyway my point is more like, why does funcom has so much trouble letting players have something that they've been asking for a long time? How many people said, "oooohhh what I really want is a black yalm!" Funcom's response, make one, but make it so only 3 classes can use it, and then only if they gimp themselves, and make the trade skill process of assembling it bugged. Make another, with the classic body style, but not make it avaliable in shops as far as I can see.

Anyone remember that movie, The cook, the Theif, his Wife her Lover? When the wife asks the cook how do you determine how to charge your customers for your food, he says: "I always make them pay more for black food. Eating black food is like consuming death, and that is the highest vanity, so I charge them the most for this vainity." Funcom takes this to a game, and adds a spin to it, that even if you pay, you can't use it.
    Last edited by Real Kinky Ityn; Dec 6th, 2002 at 17:19:54.

My enforcer friend bought this stilleto kit the other day not knowing the final reqs, has she now spendt 100+ MILLION credits on something she cant use? Smooth funcom, please GOD fix the requirements... drop them by half
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Talking

I think the Reqs should be lower a bit so everyone can use. Although I doubt this will happen. I do think the Stiletto is a good addition to the game (if it ever makes it into the game hehe) as it gives people something to shoot for. Yeah its silly and not very efficient use of IP/Credits but what else am I gonna use my make-believe money on?

Yes, I'll be one of those suckers bumping around in Stiletto but I think they are super cool. How many things in this game can qualify as that. Like the song goes... "If it makes you happy, It can't be that bad".

The Stiletto does not become NO-DROP until you register it so perahps you can sell to someone who is attempting to build it.
    Jinny "Hodelay" Belote
    Clan Opifex Trader - RK 2
    Proprietor of Hodelay's Boutique

Plain and simple, lower the requirement, this is just unpractical to have to put that much IP into VA, as if the prices weren't bad enough...Just lower it...period.

bump for lower reqs. Or better yet, just bump for black spray paint for normal and new yalms.

What if FC doesnt want this plane to be used by all and keep its "speciality" of being able to be used by "select few" ? There are plenty of new vehicles already in game. Yes I can use a ql 160 Stiletto without gimping my char at all. And I dont want to see a horde of Stilettos flying around everywhere since then it will loose its speciality in my eyes. Call me selfish or whatever but I find it logical that some things are only meant to be used by a small group making it a "rare" occurance to see one in a Stiletto.
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

Bump for black spray paint for "normal" yalms.
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

Originally posted by Lion Strimple
    Bump for black spray paint for "normal" yalms.
    Then whats the point on looking cool if everyone else can? Hell, create some cheap yalm spray paints that the public can use... like pink flowers and teddy bears and stuff, and I can cruise in my navy blue yalm and be unique
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Originally posted by Lion Strimple
    What if FC doesnt want this plane to be used by all and keep its "speciality" of being able to be used by "select few" ? There are plenty of new vehicles already in game. Yes I can use a ql 160 Stiletto without gimping my char at all. And I dont want to see a horde of Stilettos flying around everywhere since then it will loose its speciality in my eyes. Call me selfish or whatever but I find it logical that some things are only meant to be used by a small group making it a "rare" occurance to see one in a Stiletto.
    First of all, yes, you are selfish.

And the req's to keep it rare should NOT be prof specific! Cause as iot is, only Fixer, Adventurer, and Trader can put this plane on. It will be rare anyways, cause only a foolish moron would spend that ammount of IP and money. Thats my opinion. To you it might make you happy, more power to you. Wont change my opinion though.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

My friend bought one for 150+ M... would hate to see her waste all that cash on something she can never use.

I think any level 200 character that maxes VA and tripple plants it should be able to use it without stat buffs, guild advantages or towers.

Either that or just make black paint for Agadas.

Stiletto is a black Adaga
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

Yes so make black paint for it. Why is it harder to fly all black than with a fat atrox on the front?

Black paint for Agadas!

Originally posted by Warlock
    The reqs will have been calculated for the post-shadowlands games (just like the level reqs on new nanos are)
    No they haven't.

It's stupid, as soon as someone sees an items they dont think they can use they go OH THATS FOR SHADOWLANDS.

May I remind you of Refined imps?

Items in game, are meant for the game at the time being. The fact that you cannot use them, is intended. Stop posting retarded ****.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast