Thread: You cannot attack this tower - a member of your team did not buy NW

You cannot attack this tower - a member of your team did not buy NW

We need to make a stand here on the people with out without NW

If you bought i, then participate in the activities of the box and its features -
    $20 US for a credit sink for towers and vehicles and voice options.

But for the people who threw money at FC to have to deal with the hordes tht did not buy NW teaming and trashing towers is just stupid.

Buy the booster or stay away from the booster content - all your doing FC is ticking off people who bought the booster by letting the hordes attack.
    My husband came home with a tube of KY jelly and said, "This will make you happy tonight!"

He was right. When he went out of the bedroom, I squirted it all over the doorknobs. He couldn't get back in.

Q : What must a woman do when a man is running around in circles?
    A : Reload, adjust the scope, and carry on shooting.

A couple are lying in bed. The man says: "I am going to make you the happiest woman in the world"

The woman says : "I will surely miss you"

Well, thats nice, but its impossible. Not everybody is going to buy the booster pack RIGHT away, I mean, look at you complaining. The thing came out last week - give people some time k?
    Reynaldo "Monilith" Griffel
    Omni-Tek
    RK1

I can't even buy it. Not in my country. And FC is not selling it online?

Angry

WebMD - Just think yourself lucky you actually have Notum Wars already and stop moaning.

Yes WebMd, not everyone is able to get hold of a copy right away, especially those of us in the UK, so please complain to FC about bad distribution and step down from your soap box.
    Last edited by Flood1; Dec 3rd, 2002 at 11:30:12.

Madrugar

Correct! NW isnt even out in the UK till 6th december so HOW CAN WE BUY IT!....

Damn yanks... assume just because they have something that whe whole world has it also.

:-)
    TAMIYANA - RK1

Mail Tami!
    ------------------------------------------------
    To fear your enemy is wise.. to know your enemy is wiser still.....

WebMD, give us a break here huh? We are seriously flaming FC for ****** up badly on the release, and you want us to *buy* a product thats not sold?

Re: You cannot attack this tower - a member of your team did not buy NW

Originally posted by WebMD

Buy the booster or stay away from the booster content - all your doing FC is ticking off people who bought the booster by letting the hordes attack.
    Find me a copy and I'll buy it...

Only FC could screw up the games release AND the boosters release.

Anyone want to take bids on how bad shadowlands release will be.. assuming ao is still around.

Distribution problems have nothing to do with this situation.

The entire population of Ao dos not have NW - but they can all go and attack controllers today.

The only thing you get with the Booster is the credit sink for vehicles and controllers.
    But everyone who the regular game cn go on an attack.

Controllers are difficult to take down - this is totaly wrong - any group of 2-3 teams ignores all base defenses, does a controller rush and stands there pounding on the controller

No number of defenders is going to help the situation when it's an organized attacker. What we have is the box room outdoors all over the place

And any group of level 75's can go on a tower raid with the sme approach, bring along a few high level docs who dont join the team and do target heals, as if a CH would be necessary
    My husband came home with a tube of KY jelly and said, "This will make you happy tonight!"

He was right. When he went out of the bedroom, I squirted it all over the doorknobs. He couldn't get back in.

Q : What must a woman do when a man is running around in circles?
    A : Reload, adjust the scope, and carry on shooting.

A couple are lying in bed. The man says: "I am going to make you the happiest woman in the world"

The woman says : "I will surely miss you"

Originally posted by WebMD
    No number of defenders is going to help the situation when it's an organized attacker.
    I think you'll find that in most cases shear weight of numbers will defeat any attacker real life or in game.

After all if we can't kill you we'll lag swamp you to death. Soviets and the Chinese relied on this principle to hold their more technologically advanced and organised foes at bay.
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

re:...

good point, kis...

i havn't attacked any towers (webmd said EVERYONE in ao,) and i probably won't until I get the booster... i don't want to bother with it until i get a shot at having a tower of my own (join a participating org.) however, i might participate in affiliation-related defense if i were asked and had time...

personally, it sounds like a good protest, keep attacking them until fc makes the game available to the rest of the world.

and all americans aren't geocentric. most seem to be, but not all. i don't really know why they would not simply make the booster available for download, but i hope for those of you who are in countries which will not sell it, and for funcom, that they do soon.

Re: Re: You cannot attack this tower - a member of your team did not buy NW

Originally posted by Nessy

Find me a copy and I'll buy it...

Only FC could screw up the games release AND the boosters release.

Anyone want to take bids on how bad shadowlands release will be.. assuming ao is still around.
    Joy. when the what 4/5th largest city in the US doesn't have the booster, that really saying someing.

Like a big sign on the freeway 'We don't have a clue what we're doing'

kinda sad. the boosters been out for what 5 days, or so? and still no sign of it anywhere in sight. One would think that being in a major city, I'd have it by now. but its no where in sight.

kinda sad.

--
    About towers - Eh, numbers always make the difrance. Its my intent to start a merc guild.

You planing to attack a base? hire us, for a modest fee, we will help you attack.

Underattack - for a modest fee, we'll provid defenders for your base.

If you out number your attackers, odds are - You win. if your attackers out number you? odds are you lose. simple math. They attack with 50 people. and you only have 5 to defend? bye bye base.

Wow - just like real life.

Just life in life - not everyone can afford to build a base, or start mineing. but - everyone can if they wanted go attack that base.

so all NW is is a pice of software that gives some voice junk, need money sinks. And lets you become a 'base builder' if you want

you've joined the small select group who can, if they have the extra money, and wish to do so - Build a base. Not many could do that.

But - if i don't like your base and want it to go away - why would i need the right to build a base - to be able to destroy yours?

seems reasonable to me. Besides if they didn't let non-NW players attack bases, the whole 'notum wars' thing would

1. be off to a REALLY slow start.

2. rather boreing. the 100 people who found/bought NW would get kinda bored.

3. Have to have somehting to keep the plebes happy. - this allows FC to make another claim to 'over all content' of the game.

4. marketing - Folks who don't buy NW - can't build bases, but can attack others. - you get the whole - 'The people didn't know what they we're doing, i could build a better base!' runs out buys NW.

5. As the towers change the suppersion gas - some towers might be in peoples fav hunting spots. rather jerky to let people take over a spot but give others no way to d anything about it, except buy NW. (would likely have caused a huge ammount of grips for that reason alone.)

Don't think that just because someone lives in USA that they have NW. I live on east coast, i called about 20 or so different stores withon 50 miles radius and 75% did not even recieved it yet. other 25% sold out and ont know when they'll be getting next shipment. sad

I haven't bought NW yet...dunno if I will actually.

But you can bet your ass I'm gonna attack your tower at EVERY single chance I get...

You don't like? Don't build =)

heh

edit: more smartass remarks

"I am SOOO mad that all the ass holes that didn't buy the booster is killing my towers that I payed umpteen million creds for! It's not MY fault that I didn't realize everyone and thier mother could attack my tower! If people didn't buy the booster, they should have thier account canceled or at the very least, NOT be allowed to leave Tir Grid or Omni Trade!! GODDAMN LOSERS ! ! !

heh

<----smartass
    Last edited by Mneuromancer; Dec 6th, 2002 at 13:04:41.

fyi rushing throu the base defences and start pounding on the controller is sheer folly, IF the base owners has any brains at all they place some towers close to controller so you will get hit while pounding on the controller also, for each tower in that base the controller gets heal and Damageshield, good luck taking down a controller with a 500 damageshield!
    220/26 and an army of alts
    so much to do, so little time to do it

Hehe, your sig isn't right, FC uses option 3, turn wherever the wind blows...

I think you can attack tower if the shield is disabled, i don't have nw and already attack and destroyed 2 tower

Hmmmm .... Consider this then :

IF you want to exclude people who did not pay for NW from fighting the towers, the towers should not be in places where people who did not buy NW can go.

In other words : Since Towers is affecting the regular AO players, they should also be allowed to affect the Towers.

Simple really.
    Last edited by Cado; Dec 6th, 2002 at 20:01:44.
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

We need to make a stand here on the people with out without NW
    Well, today I just managed to get my copy of NW (I live in the UK).

Needless to say I will be attacking your bases now on a regular basis .

(just joking).....

Oh, and I agree with Cado.