Thread: NW key or cd required???

NW key or cd required???

I've read in places that all you need is the key that came with the NW CD to enjoy all of the new 'features'. In other areas, you lose some of the new sounds and graphics. Which is it? I'd rather have the new sounds and graphics than the towers and new yalms (yawn). Do I need to install?

Oh I'll throw in a free rant here - 11 mil for a paint job is incredulous!! The plane itself cost just 4.8 mil!! But then again we are talking about Norway; doesn't Norway have a law that fines are based on income??? FYI, just because I have a yalm, it doesn't mean I have 11 mill sitting around to use on a paint job.

Actually if FC really wanted to settle the economy, why not improve on the apartments? That way those with all the money can improve their abode, while not slamming others. 11 million credits for a paint job on a yalm that cost 4.8 mill is like the inkjet industry - give them the printer and gouge them on the refills.

Khorgh

Apparently you dont get the new voice commands unless you have the CD, but the new graphics were apparently in the patch.

Players wanted money sinks. To be effective these sinks had to really be cosmetic only. If you cant afford it you cant have a red/gold yalm, but its not going to make your characters any less effective not having one is it!

Oh and not all the yalms are 4 mil
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Re: NW key or cd required???

Originally posted by PJDez
    Oh I'll throw in a free rant here - 11 mil for a paint job is incredulous!! The plane itself cost just 4.8 mil!! But then again we are talking about Norway; doesn't Norway have a law that fines are based on income??? FYI, just because I have a yalm, it doesn't mean I have 11 mill sitting around to use on a paint job.
    I'm happy about the money sink they finally put in. This game needed money sinks extremely bad.
    -BlueMagic

Blue "Zyian" Magic RK1

I agree, but I could have come up with many ideas that would have made better sense than charge 11 mill for a paint job:-) How about real estate upgrades? All those items meant for your apartment could have resulted in ways to increase the space allowed to stash those items. Want to put that picture on the wall? Sure. Want to put that bronto-hide upholstered couch in your living room? Why not. For a price that is:-) Much better idea than a paint job. Maybe it was brought up, but time limits prevented it from being a reality. It's still an idea I like to see made into a reality.

Khorgh