Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fix pet pathing by march, or I leave

pet warp does not solve pet attack problems

Every time the discussion about pet warp come up its important to remember that pet warp does not solve pet attack problems.

The two main pet attack problems are:

1. Tell a pet to attack and it goes in the opposite direction and gets lost and stuck.

2. Tell a pet to attack and it pressess against the side of the wall forever because the Mob is directly on the other side.

Oh! Why not just go in the Mob room and do a pet warp then? Because often the strategy of pet users is to have the pet attack while the owner stays out of the way. That means the pet has to be able to navigate well enough to make it to the target without warping.

Yeah, pet warp would be an improvement and save a fair bit of frustration, but without fixing pet attack pet owners are still going to die while their pets are off doing nothing someplace else.

Arrow Re: Pet pathing

Originally posted by Animosity
    (who the freak would burn a large campfire in an unventalated cave)
    The same people that think the pathing in the game works.

Surprised at the amount of responce

Hey,

We have beaten this issue to death in hundreds of threads.

Its a pitty the FC cannot seem to take the advice.

Now, there is a breif ray of hope that Pet pathing was their number 2 issue after item reinbursement tool. Now that that is fixed, perhaps they will be working on the pet non pathing issue.

Any responce to Ani from FC?

Ani
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Re: pet warp does not solve pet attack problems

Originally posted by Wraith God
    Every time the discussion about pet warp come up its important to remember that pet warp does not solve pet attack problems.

The two main pet attack problems are:

1. Tell a pet to attack and it goes in the opposite direction and gets lost and stuck.

2. Tell a pet to attack and it pressess against the side of the wall forever because the Mob is directly on the other side.

Oh! Why not just go in the Mob room and do a pet warp then? Because often the strategy of pet users is to have the pet attack while the owner stays out of the way. That means the pet has to be able to navigate well enough to make it to the target without warping.

Yeah, pet warp would be an improvement and save a fair bit of frustration, but without fixing pet attack pet owners are still going to die while their pets are off doing nothing someplace else.
    good point

I don't know why they just don't make it so that every mission room their world-crafters make includes an invisible "track" that pets and mobs would run on. Some of the bots you could get for Quake 2 used this approach. So, if there are two tables and a crate in a room, when you map out the room just draw a path around them. If you are standing in position x,y in the room, the bot will go to the point on the path closest to x,y.

Wouldn't it then be impossible for the pets to get stuck? Yes, they wouldn't have as realistic freedom of movement (cough cough) but I don't think anyone would mind Has anyone talked about a solution like this?
    Drusillus
    Band of Brothers

Level 143 Omni-Tek Chief Engineer

Curator of the Rubi-Ka Encyclopaedia of Armor

Originally posted by Bonk
    I read on another board a post by a Funcom employee that said they are hoping to do a revision on their mission system with 14.8 and make the missions much more friendly to pets.

They might not be fixing pathing but they might be removing things the pets get stuck on on the time like those evil tables in so many missions.

This wont stop my pets from humping the walls though
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

This thread should be in the gameplay bugs forum shouldn't it?

Anyways, BUMP.

Nice thoughts on pathing in that thread.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=78038
    Aguitha, Engineer
    Cratisha, Bureaucrat

Originally posted by Megabio
    Um Jonus. Why the hell should we have to pay in order to get something that we shouldn't have to pay for? Or lock our nanoskills for two minutes at that...
    ~Chris
    Because that's the only way FC will impliment anything, it has to have a drawback. Unless it's a GA nuke, that is.

Originally posted by Bonk
    I read on another board a post by a Funcom employee that said they are hoping to do a revision on their mission system with 14.8 and make the missions much more friendly to pets.

They might not be fixing pathing but they might be removing things the pets get stuck on on the time like those evil tables in so many missions.
    Like others have said, this is only treating the symptoms, not the issue. Why do they always refuse to get to the root of the problem and spend so much effort on worthless "fixes"?

Originally posted by Kasimir
    Of course, pets will still stick on absoleutely nothing every now and then, just for old times sake so you can feel the nostalgia.
    Sounds just like the wide open roads in Last Ditch.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12