Thread: Funcom, I commend You. (not a rant)

Funcom, I commend You. (not a rant)

It seems that everytime somone starts a "thanlks alot funcom" it's usually full of so much hate directed towards funcom.

But im serious, Funcom is making this game MORE diverse.

In this I mean, players can now actually be unique.

You see, back in release... ALL ranged fighters used the 3927's.
    after the nerf people had to find better weapons. At this point there were non, most weapons had stupid skills that dint go and had crappy damage.

Then, all of a sudden, eevry soldier used the Nova Flow. Every crat/engi/NT/MP/trader/doc used a Vektor (before crit nerf these guns were great) every enforcer used a hammer/beam.

Not only were weapons all the same.. armor. My god armor. EVERYONE in omni used either Tech armor, or Omni-pol reg/elite. With those stupid pajama dress Primus coats, evryone looked the same. AO was boring. Not to mention the nanoarmor and the occasional Biomech and organic user.

Thus the term "cut and paste character" was coined. Every profession looked the same, they all wore trhe same armor, they all had the same weapons, they probly all had the same mother in that case.

Then around ... 13.8, everything changed.

The introduction of DeCranums MK armor line gave everyone above 93 a chance to be different (at this point tank armor still ahd that tupid +100 nano rule.. so people wore primus). At this point DeCranum's dropped fast and was easy to get.

BUT STILL everyone looked the same.

Now here we are.. 14.7. Finally we have diversity from the monotouny of patches before.
    The soldier and enforcer suffered the worst from the "cut and paste" phrase. All soldiers used Novas, all enforecrs used hammers/beams.

Now howver we have a broad array of new armor. Every class looks different. The +100 nano rule was dropped from tnak armor, making it viable for ALL classes.

MKII, although rarer now, is another armor choice. We have the new CAS, the not so new Carbonum, Sentinals, Cyborg Death Squad, Sentinals, Dragon, MA suits, and claoks that dont show up as graphic. So8 (primus is ugly.. but hey its mods are nice)

Needless to say, look around the game now, very few people actually still all wear the same exact outfit.

FC's best move is the assortment of new, colorful weapons. Soldiers now have the CAS, Nova, Div9, Manex(a little rarer), and boosted Hellspinner. Also, enforcers now have the choice of very viable 1he, 1hb, and 2he weapons (too bad they arnt available after 135). Lets not forget the awesome Queen Blade that alot of enforcers are dropping thier beams for.

Im happy to see nano classes not all using ashotgun anymore. I see lots of HD's, V3's, Manex's, and X-3's in the mix now.

I thank FC for making the game ALOT more different then it used to be. No longer does everyone wear Omni-Elite under that ugly Primus dress.

Surely we will see new additions along the way, I can honestly say FC is making changes for the better. And this is comming from a post 14.6 MArtial Artist who is deeply disgruntled.

Stil, the non melee advent needs a little more pistol luvin'. (3927 like advent only line, with sensible multi melee reqs)

No more "copy and paste".

well, except for those silly smurf fixers and thier Manex's ;p
    Last edited by Mhar; Dec 1st, 2002 at 23:05:37.

i still think funcom is kupocitous

Sure, they do silly stuff occasioanlly, but the overall quality of the game is changing.

Alls they gotta do is give the MA a little PvP luvin'. Ditch the crit rule (doubt it) or new buffs (most likely).

Heh ... you are right offcourse that a lot of the Copy'n'Paste is gone .. but I'd still like to see more armor that was Profession specifick so that when someone ran by you could say "hey .. that's a Doctor if I ever saw one"
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

I think I see alot of 146+ wearing the same old MKII and albrecht. But I agree that it is getting better.
    [QAETUS]-[FIRST ORDER]
    Qaetus the Chain Insurance Claim Caster
    ‘I asked God for strength that I might achieve; I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.
    I asked for help that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
    I asked for riches that I might be happy; I was given poverty that I might be wise.
    I asked for all things that I might enjoy life; I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
    I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I had hoped for. Despite myself, my prayers were answered. I am among all men most richly blessed.’

Mantis armor also looks great.
    Top it off with a CAS helm .. yumm.
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

The MKII syndrome is still there, but not as common as before, but it'll always be popular. The mods are pretty good.

Albrecht is used alot, but the thing about it is that tank armor is just a standard issue jacket. Very common, therefore lots of people use it, like a jacket that's in style. IT also doesnt look half as silly as primus, which some people still wear.

Omni does also have the coice of the very good overtuned tank.

Overtuned heavy is better than Albrecht. The higher ACs mean that you can wear armor for mods without sacrificing so much AC.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.