Thread: To The Spvernaut!

Unhappy To The Spvernaut!

Hey man!

Ive beeb playing this game for 10 months!for first 5 all i have was 500k in cash and i could dream about Yalm!Now i am 163 char..now my dream is Dragon Body...which costs 500mil!I have no f**** idea how could i get this ca*****RYING to earn some......bought 3x SF for 20mil....one mantis egg for5....and 3x gold ignots for 500k...=hmmmm 65.550.000....all i had mmmm 68mil!When i asked Superslang he told me 4mil for skillz....upsss to expensive for me!OK....asked u u SAID tips.....i ve made it for me and i gave u 500k....it was 1/4 all i had! Your reaction: /ignored.........what can i say.....if i have known its rude to tip 500k for egg i would give u all i had!

NOT ALL PPL ON RU_BI_KA are rich...but some trying earn some money...i am not beggar but now it seems so!

TY and SORRY......i will sell my egg and give u back ur 4mil!

not even going to read this crap.
    Clean it up and make it readable if you want some responce
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

Hehe, this makes me think of the day before the patch that fixed the ql1 nanosensor bug. People left and right sending /tells with screams to get their VTs made. Tips for the making alone ranged from 5m to 10m. And thats not counting all the gold ingots that you could sell for millions to the desperate. Awww... those where the days

Anyway... back to nowadays... VT assembly is alot of work, with swapping implants and getting buffs. 3,5m-5m tips for the making is just right IMO.
    Octo - eqp

Atlanteans Legendary Teddybear wielding engineer and author of Click

Get the all new SK/XP Calculator and find out when you will DING!

umm maybe he should have made enough money for the services along with enough for the parts...
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

i think you made a fool of yourself there Derlyn... like i stated in your other "b|tch thread" and is posted in my tradeskill posts tips should be according to items of value. VT eggs require 6 or 7 implant changes, +80 treatment AND Trader buffs for Engies to complete pre-title level 6. i made you an item that is worth 75 million easy credits, and you tip me 500k. that is less then 1% of the items value. do you tip waiters less then 1%? i think not, if you do you have a lot of urine in your soup. i don't want or need your money, just putting my foot down for all tradeskillers everywhere.

also, you stated that another Tradeskiller said it would be 4 million so you thought that other tradeskillers would do it for 1/8th of that just because we like to? the bottom line is VT eggs are the HARDEST ingame items to make in terms of skills and steps... and your "tip" was more like a slap in the face. i put items on a "Tip" basis to help people who can't afford 4 million, but if they can afford 65 million for parts i would hope they could at least give me 25% of what others charge. i made you a 9 million credit profit and you gave me a 1/18th cut of that for all of MY hard work... thanks for such a great percentage!
    Last edited by Svpernaut; Dec 3rd, 2002 at 04:22:22.

hmm... at level 160 I only need to swap 5 imps (3 for ME for all parts but for the Nano Sensor that needs EE), and a +80 ME buff from a trader - but most tradeskillers may have a stock of Nano Sensors.

A tip would be nice when making a VT since you have to take care of a such valuable item, but when customers ask for prices I usually say tip and they tip what they think is enough. If I at least want 4M for a work I sure don't say tips before I start to do the work, like svpernaut said...

If you expect to have 4M for your work you don't say tips! It's much better with fixed prices (guess someone is hoping for 10M for assembling a VT when they say tips)

Personally I think NanoPrograms is the hardest thing to make since it requires several skills, and many at the same time. Jewellery only needs ME so that is a bit easier...

Hey BrachSon...

Please refer to my post on the lost ones.

If you don't like the price raise your skills and do it yourself.

If you spent the roughly 750-1M in IP for the ME and EE (not sure if nano programming is needed but I never get bugged for it) and the hassle of getting a trader to give maestroes and a doc for a +80 your thoughts on what you were offering is well...pathetic.

Have a super day BrachSon...I hope you treat people better ingame than this in the future.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

Originally posted by Krabbus
    If you expect to have 4M for your work you don't say tips! It's much better with fixed prices (guess someone is hoping for 10M for assembling a VT when they say tips)
    i never in my right mind asked 4 million to make a VT egg, and never would... i guess you misunderstood Krabbus. Derlyn /telled me asking to get a VT egg done and said that Superslang quoted her a price of 4million to assemble. Now Superslang is a level 200 engie with nothing better to do and has thousands of customers lined up so if someone doesn't want to pay 4 million that is no harm to him. Now i don't disagree that 4 million for making a VT egg is a bad price, i just take a different approach to tradeskilling. For everything other then armor creation i leave it on a "tip" basis because i want to bring tradeskills to the masses, not just those who are rich.

My problem with Derlyn's approach was the way she handled the entire situation. She KNEW i was making her a profit of 9 million credits over the price of her parts and she offered me a 7% cut on that and less then 1% tip on the items value. When she asked how much i charged i said like i always do for high priced items for a "generous tip." the bottom line is i run into people ALL DAY who don't take into account just how hard being a successful tradeskiller is without gimping yourself completely in the process. some say "don't ask for tips set a certain rate" but i'm not going to hurt the majority of my customers because 20% of people are freaking morons and cheapskates, and the way i rid myself of those people is a nice "good luck to you" and politely /ignore them... until of course they sadly try to flame me.

hmm well I didn't know VT eggs needed much work on your part to make, so I'd tip more for the extra troubles.. but since I didn't know it would've taken more work than I wouldn't tip more, maybe your customer didn't know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

Erm... ANY ql 190+ Items Takes work to make, hell 500k?=p I tip docs 150k for sfa, that would leave me with a whopping! 350k! wooot, for 20 minutes time, hell i could make roughly 3m running missions in that time frame.=p
    Expecially ql 190+ eggs+nanos, lots of steps involved.
    Themakerr --- Quame --- Quamy - Docjeckyl

Proud member of Legion

Themakerr's Trade Skillz!
    "Doing nothing sucks when you have nothing to do" - Quamie

lol poor guy lvl 163 and cant hardly get enough money to pay for the service. im lvl 137 and im making 1.5 mill every 15 mins by blitzing ql 239 mission.

Im not doing tradeskills to other ppl now coz im always get this kind of reaction. I hope someday they realize that tradeskill is not as easy as shift-right clicking the stuff together.

click click click

mmmm

i can put together an egg with 3 imp changes and no doc )
    but im no cheaper than anyone else im afraid

Originally posted by Svpernaut

but i'm not going to hurt the majority of my customers because 20% of people are freaking morons and cheapskates, and the way i rid myself of those people is a nice "good luck to you" and politely /ignore them... until of course they sadly try to flame me.

Ya knowI agree with you completely. I do the exact same thing except I don't give them a good luck to you.. I say something like Next time you want something done your going to have to find someone else for being so CHEAP. (then I explain what the requirements are and how much IP I've blown on it) and say they are on my ignore. Depending on how many people I've got on ignore from a guild will decide on if I will ever do any work for any of them again. I've messaged a few guild leaders telling them in detail why I won't help them ever again.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

No need for SFA tip

I'd be more than happy to +80 treat any of you super tradeskillers for free. Just send me an in tell game /tell mediccus.

Mediccus
    160 Doc - OTA

Cool

This is the reason I keep a pricelist on the forums. I refer to it if people ask. However, special deals are somtimes made and if so, I stick to the decided price.
    Novice Jica - Nobel Prize Engineer
    Clan Apocalypse - The Guild for Models

Jica's Tradeskills & Tower Shop

"What is the definition of an engineer?"
    "Someone who solves a problem you didn't know you had, in a way you don't understand."