Thread: Notum Wars purchased! or, not...

Notum Wars purchased! or, not...

Got Notum Wars today from local store, Electronics Boutique.

Happy!

Pull out the media from the box -- it's not Notum Wars.

Unhappy!

In the box I find the Anarchy Online Special Edition media (one install disc & one bonus disc).

WTF?

Anybody else thus blessed?

Sure you didn't accidentally pick up the special edition? The two boxes are nearly identical, I almost made the same mistake yesterday

Indeed, the cover says "The Notum Wars" above "Anarchy online".

At the bottom, "The Notum Wars // Includes Full Version of Anarchy Online".

Lots of pictures of towers and whatnot.

"Notum Wars" appears many times in the text on the back as well.

Rang up as "ANRCHY ONLN NOTMP 19.99" :-)

hi there old buddy... this is how I've understood the way FC wanna do it.. The only thing you need is a serial key for NW, and I think you need to register the serial key that followed the box you bought on your account.. not sure, but I think that's ow to do t.
    ?

Are you sure the shop assistant didn't just put the wrong cd in the box (I assume the box is empty on the shelves)? That's happened to me twice in an Electronics Boutique store (out of the four or five times I've shopped there - quite impressive actually ).
    Cordell "Lhaen" Streller :: Omni Enforcer with a big warblade
    Tomas "Waeron" Vallegos :: Clan Adventurer, semi-retired until morph movement animation is fixed for wielders of two-handed weapons - or I decide to use up my IP reset points and go for pistols

The box was sealed. It had something inside, clearly. Just turned out to be the wrong thing.

Today went back to store, and after much cajoling (and escalation to manager) was able to get it exchanged with a new box. The new box was also sealed, also labeled "Notum Wars", and also had something in it.

In this case, opened it at the store and determined that the correct media was in the box.

I've now installed it and registered it.

I started this thread to see if it was a widespread problem or just one strange box out of a huge pack.