Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MOB UNFAIR hitpoint REGEN!

Lightbulb Thanks Cosmik!

Ok, my rather common experience is as follows: I am a 26th lev Doc with a ql 28 Springfield Arms Home Defender. I zone into the mission, get swamped by three mobs (grey / green) --beat them without zoning and encounter a single yellow / orange later in the mission.

I've seen this with the umm... Rookie Explorer, I think, and most other nano-using mobs. This yellow is brought down to about 20% hp with conventional combat (no special attacks) and DOTs (Primitive Nano Gorger and Biotoxin MK I stacked). All the while, I am chain healing and chaining nano stims, but I can do this because I'm a paying customer and the mobs are not, right? (I'm SUCH a hippocrit!)

Sometimes, I will pull the mob out of his original room to prevent the mobs in the next rooms from aggroing on me while fighting the original yellow ([strategic] retreat after combat has started). Anyways, once the yellow is brought down to about 20% his chain-heal casting starts, and it seems like a natural regen reflex kicks in as well. I could be wrong about that last part, tho--it may have just been a heal over time nano. I noticed all of this just today (19th) after the most recent server-side patch that fixed the mission distance and locate person / object missions. Mobs just after that patch and up until this morning were perfectly balanced--for my doc.

I think the coders tried to stop the mid level mission zoners by increasing the regen for mobs. However, I believe they inadvertently pushed the difficulty up for lower level characters too much, and here we are.

Thanks for considering this, and I really hope it helps! Gimme a reply if you need -any- more research done--I'd be glad to help improve this already-great game!

There's not only the regenerating mobs, there's also the "always hit for min damage" mobs.

Yesterday, at level 30, doing a mission below 50% difficulty (like 40%), I found two of them. They were both light green.
    One of them was a "Rookie Technohunter", which I was always hitting for 5 points of damage, except criticals which were doing about 40-50 points of damage. Usually I do about 40 damages on other mobs.

The other one was a "Rookie Lookout". Same symptom. On other NPC mobs, like Fresh Clan Spies, I did the proper amount of damage...

Apparently, Anything with a damage shield makes you do minimum damage. How come *MY* damage shield doesn't make the mob do minimum damage?

Someone email me when funcom gets their act in gear... Or goes out of business. THis is ridiculous. I've stuck around since launch, and things have gotten steadily worse... 12.6 happened... They tried to recover. Now, 13.0 has finally done it for me. *shrug* Neocron is coming... Star Wars Galaxies is coming.... Heck, right now, Doom is looking wonderful.

Theanna

Bump-this is important.
    Animacion 160 Opi Enforcer equipment
    Takima 166 Trader
    Proud member of First Order for 3 years and going.

"All things around you grow stonger from your spilled blood. Now, you grow stronger from theirs."

This also happens to me too. I'll nuke a mob and durring a cast I see his/her hp move a notch up. This is insane regeneration. Keep in mind my nukes avg 1000 - 2200 dmg. After two nukes one of them is completely regenerated. So of course my nano runs out and I have to run out to zone, BUT as soon as I come back in of course his/her hp is close to 100 percent.

I also use calm in order to prevent myself from zoning, but the mob still regenerates at a ridicules rate. So it is a no win situation. It is more depressing when you have to face 100 more in the mission.

Originally posted by Cosmik
    Outside of a fight with a MOB - like if you run from the mission area to heal up - MOBs are meant to regenerate their health fast. In a fight, they regenerate slow. I've read alot of the posts on this though and obviously if they are regenerating health fast whilst fighting, well, Houston, we have a bug.

So I can gather the information on this and get the team to look further into this, is there any pattern in which MOBs regnerate health quickly during a fight? For example, do they do it at certain times? Does this happen when using certain weapons? Does this happen when you heal yourself?

Also, what kind of MOBs (exact names would be most helpful) are doing this super regeneration?

Lay it on me guys. If a bug is there (and I'll have to agree it looks like it) we'll squash it.

Ruffians(or any enforcer mobs) seem to regenerate at such a rate while you are fighting them as to be nearly unbeatable.

u know what's especially fun?

make a little nubi character, and go hit a mission at lvl3 - if ur playing one of the unfortunate professions equipped with a solar pistol, u'll notice that trying to take lvl3 enforcer mobs is particularly amusing: u hit for mininimum damage - and they regen in combat for almost the same amount - which means if u hit them once, then miss a couple shots in a row, they've healed the damage u caused with ur first shot.

these lvl3 terrors also hit u so hard they can turn the engi's startup bot into a crumpled wreck in two swings.

i've said it elsewhere: the mobs are filthy sploiters and need to be banned from the game ;)

Cosmik, it's the healers i say! the healers!

Well, I can tell you that there is a certain line of mobs that regenerate HP very quickly. I just got out of a mission where a friend and I spent 30 minutes trying to kill these three mobs.

BTW the chaincasters of healing are back.

Literally no joke, it took us 34 minutes to kill these three mobs. It's the *Lookout* line of mobs that can heal.

Here's what we saw.

10 mins to kill the first one, had to concentrate fire and throw everything and i mean EVERYTHING at it to get it to die, his buddies were both healing him. he goes down.

5 mins to kill the second one, he was deep green.

19 mins to kill the last one, he was yellow. A twinked Fixer and Twinked Trader both over equipped. and this one single mob took 19 minutes to kill.

What we saw was that inbetween his heals, his health would just jump up on it's own. if i had to guess i would say he was regenerating about 50-75 hp at a time, now this is INBETWEEN his healing.

So at any given time, his health stayed just below half to 80%. he would heal, putting him to about 60% and then his health would jump up another 10-20%. I mean his regen rate was REALLY noticeable. you could hardly miss it. this coupled with the Mob AC bug and we're doing min damage.

So I would start there. it's probably the whole line of that particular type, i know they're named differently as you get higher but it's basically the same MOB type.

BTW, these guys HAVE to have infinite nano, i don't care what funcom says, there's no way they can heal 12 times in one fight after just previously healing his two friends. no way in hell.

And no i'm not exxagerating. this was probably the worst time i have ever had trying to take down 3 mobs and i had a trader alongside me only 2 levels below mine. his vector usually outdamages my mausser, but this time he was doing just as badly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12