Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Give us IPR Points with NW please!

Give us IPR Points with NW please!

Hello,

with the release of NW it's time to give players additional IPR Points. Honestly, i'm spending all the point i have right now because the new content is giving me a completly new role inside my guild. Funcom, please consider giving us IPR Points so everyone who buys Notum Wars can use all of the benefits, fun and new content it gives.

I suggest you should give out a minimum of 10 IPRs. People should have the ability to "test" stuff. Als while introducing new content it's about time now to give out another set of IPR Points.

Comments ? Ideas ? Thought ?

Regards,
    Jannerik

Oops I put too many pts into Adventuring. Give me 9 more chances to get it right.

Nothing was changed that warrants IPR.

Cool,

have 250 Quantum FT, maxxed Psychology, maxxed Comp.lit, maxxed Mat.Crea, maxxed Nanoprogramming ? Well i do now but have no IPRs left... If you dont have it you dont need to buy NW btw

Think before writing silly replies.

Regards,
    Jannerik

yeah give us some ipr back i can t build tower higher than 220

Is this unimportant or did i miss something ?!

Regards,
    Jannerik

Originally posted by Jannerik
    Cool,

have 250 Quantum FT, maxxed Psychology, maxxed Comp.lit, maxxed Mat.Crea, maxxed Nanoprogramming ? Well i do now but have no IPRs left... If you dont have it you dont need to buy NW btw

Think before writing silly replies.

Regards,
    Jannerik
    Gee... you mean there's some use for those people who already spent pts on these things... or who... heaven forbid, happen to have the ability to get these skills less expensively (ie.. green skills). Being part of a guild force should not mean that every individual in the guild will be able to build a max ql tower/turret/etc... some people will have a bigger part in construction... others in defending it.

Silly reply? Nope... and I still have 10 IPR remaining... and the only one of these skills that I might have to raise is QT. Who's the silly one?

Jaesic
    166 NT (RK2)

the silly one is the one

that wants to set the number of iprs in stone.

we have had this discussion alot in the last months and i wonder why we are so used to being beaten and threadmilling away that we cannot accept things meant to make the game more flexible and fun.

what would be wrong if new ways to gain iprs were introduced?

cookie cutter characters ala flavor of the month?
    my reply to this is that you will see more cookie cutters when people have to be misers with their ips because nobody will experiment. players will hoard their iprs "just in case" ... just in case the nerfbat swings with wild abandon and they have to completely rebuild their character or start from scratch.
    and it is not paranoia ... it has happened and sure might happen again.

did you know that even turbine the mantra master of "stfu and reroll d00d" introduced a skill reset quest now so you can change your character according to the flow of the game or personal preferances?

again, why should that be bad or who gets hurt?
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Theres people who got to 200, for example, and have no source if IP other than resetting skills if they want to participate in NW. Many have no IPR left and these requirements were never expected.

Just allow additional IPRs for those with NW or so.

Same should go for equipment nerfs etc which force you to change skills btw. These are things we cant plan ahead for most of the time.

Jup, just spend a bunch of IPR again. Can't be right we have no way to adapt to the game-changes Funcom does just because we are level 200.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

I agree that it sucks that suddenly there is a need for skills that you don't already have. In reality, there is never a point where we have to stop learning... so in a sense, reaching level 200 and never getting any better except for equipment... is just not 'right' ...

but at the same time... the more often that people are allowed to revise their characters (through IPR or other means)... the less likely it is going to be because they are making personal choices about their character and the more likely it is because a certain combination of skills and equipment makes them the most powerful.

which is why we have a high end game were everyone runs around looking like everyone else... it's a sad world in which even the nanotechs run around with albrecht tanks and x-3's.

is it wrong to want to be more powerful? no... and ultimately, i suppose i'm not really against IPRs either... but every time I hear someone say that they 'deserve' them, i want to scream. you make the choices you make and you should have to live with them. when FC introduced the IPR idea people were thrilled... and they were told how many they were going to get (after some adjustments on FC's part if i remember right). What we have now is definately more than what we were intended to have originally, right? why should we 'deserve' more?

If we are to get more... it should cost... they should be earned. I'm not talking about creds... we all know how easy it is to get credits. Not special quests either, at least not the sort that can be recorded by the first person to figure it out so everyone else can follow it every time they need another reset. and not something like what is involved in building those nifty special items like the egg (which again becomes an issue of creds).

The cost needs to be something that makes the player think twice about the effort. Something like... 5 levels of experience. (at which point nearly every player who wants IPR for their level 200 starts to rev. up to flame). Yeah, I know how much exp that is. Yes, I know how much effort thats going to take you to get back up to 200. But... why not?

You get dropped back to 195... it doesn't even have to involve a loss of skill pts... just a loss of visual level. You run some missions. Ok... you run a lot of missions. When you get back to level 200, you get your X number of IPR. And yes, I know that's another little stab... you get them when you get back to level 200. Why? So you don't take the pts and just ignore the fact that your 'visual' level is 195... after all, everyone knows you were 200 and that you just wanted the extra IP.

Will this cut down on the casual use of IPR to do the flavor of the month thing? I think so... Will people still do it? Sure... in cases where you really want to reset something to rework some aspect of your character... or something major changes. And its certainly a more effective price than credits or a quest that doesn't take any real involvement except time.

Just as an 'oh btw'... i think the 5 levels idea would be workable for pretty much any point in the game... sure, it would be fairly easy to keep cycling through levels 45-50 and reset all your skills... but eventually, you'd have to move on with leveling... and reseting the first 50 levels worth of IP doesn't mean much compared to a level 200 (or even a 100 really). As a precaution to prevent abuse though, there would need to be a restriction on this so that it could only be done when you are at 0 IPR. Otherwise you could cycle through level 1-6 a few million times and then start to level.

Finally, for those of you who keep talking like you deserve more IPR... please stop? There are a lot of good reasons why no one should be getting IPR just because someone runs out and wants to reset a skill. There are also some good reasons why characters shouldn't have to stagnate... but at least think up some valid points and ways to resolve the issue... not just "it's not fair that X changed and we've already used our X IPR already"

Jaesic
    166 NT (RK2)

Umm...

Quote:

You get dropped back to 195... it doesn't even have to involve a loss of skill pts... just a loss of visual level. You run some missions. Ok... you run a lot of missions. When you get back to level 200, you get your X number of IPR. And yes, I know that's another little stab... you get them when you get back to level 200. Why? So you don't take the pts and just ignore the fact that your 'visual' level is 195... after all, everyone knows you were 200 and that you just wanted the extra IP.

Quote ends:

Some perverted PvP person would be more than happy to have skills and stats of 200 lvl char and have visual lvl of 195 to allow them to attack bit more people and bit wider range

It would be just easier from FC part to reset every XP point you have over lvl 200 to 0 and every time your xp bar reaches end (ie lvl) it is reset back to 0. Getting IPR would require to fill this x times decided by Funcom.

Easier solution?

Zarch and da chars

Re: Umm...

Originally posted by Zarch
    Some perverted PvP person would be more than happy to have skills and stats of 200 lvl char and have visual lvl of 195 to allow them to attack bit more people and bit wider range
    A level 195 and level 200 character has the same PvP level-limits, e.g. 150-200.
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

Let me shorten that statement to: "Give us NW, please!"

Ylara.

Jaesic, when you finally reached lvl200 and dont gain IPs through lvls anymore and used all your IPRs to the nerfsticks FC will throw in the future you will see this discussion in another view. And even your suggestion to set lvl200 back to 195 for example - please reevaluate it when you have done your 1 billion xp to lvl200. And don't forget you only get 40k per mob and it gets less the higher you lvl-up in broken shores.

Regards,
    Jannerik

Originally posted by Jannerik
    Jaesic, when you finally reached lvl200 and dont gain IPs through lvls anymore and used all your IPRs to the nerfsticks FC will throw in the future you will see this discussion in another view. And even your suggestion to set lvl200 back to 195 for example - please reevaluate it when you have done your 1 billion xp to lvl200. And don't forget you only get 40k per mob and it gets less the higher you lvl-up in broken shores.

Regards,
    Jannerik
    Unlike most people, I don't see every little change as a nerf. Some things are going to reduce the effectiveness of a strategy... so you come up with a new one. If you are relying on the strengths of your character's profession, this shouldn't require much realignment of IP.

Now... there are major shifts in the way things work... and those times are the ones when I intend to use my IPR... when NT gets its love I'll probably reset my pistol and ranged init.... i don't expect to have to reset anything for nw, but then, as you say I'm not level 200 yet. I might have to for shadowlands... but I should have plenty of IPR when that rolls around.

as to the exp thing... i know how long it takes to go from 195-200... the roughly half-billion exp needed and how little you get per mission. As I said in the original post... I think many people would still do it... they wouldn't be frivolous about using up however many IPR they got from it (I don't think I mentioned a number, but i was thinking a few... probably the same amount you'd get from hitting title at 190 or 200, the first time.)

And no one could ever say they didn't earn the modifications to their character.

Jaesic
    166 NT (RK2)

Originally posted by Jaesic

Unlike most people, I don't see every little change as a nerf. Some things are going to reduce the effectiveness of a strategy... so you come up with a new one. If you are relying on the strengths of your character's profession, this shouldn't require much realignment of IP.
    I agree, it diesnt need much. But every little change in the game mechanics makes people using a limited number of their IPRs. Some professions more, some less. I agree there hasnt been much for the NTs in the past after IPR was introduced. Take Enforcers for example - to play "state of the art" or if they gotten one of the new enforcer weapons which have been introduced they need to IPR more or less, the Critnerf forced Traders to go Manex (SMG/BURST) instead of Ithaca (Shotgun/Fling/Aimed). So with every patch more or less people loosing IPR points. With the introduction of NW i for example completly changed my way to play. Constructing Items like Conductors and Turrets make sense now, since they require high specialization - which isnt possible with resetting skills here and there. I now reached a point where i have no IPRs left. Ok for now i'm pretty fine - i dont need any other IPRs in the current state of the game. But we all know Funcom changes the rules of the game consenquently. I would mind these changes if we at least have the ability to always change our character to the latest changes.

Originally posted by Jaesic

Now... there are major shifts in the way things work... and those times are the ones when I intend to use my IPR... when NT gets its love I'll probably reset my pistol and ranged init.... i don't expect to have to reset anything for nw, but then, as you say I'm not level 200 yet. I might have to for shadowlands... but I should have plenty of IPR when that rolls around.

as to the exp thing... i know how long it takes to go from 195-200... the roughly half-billion exp needed and how little you get per mission. As I said in the original post... I think many people would still do it... they wouldn't be frivolous about using up however many IPR they got from it (I don't think I mentioned a number, but i was thinking a few... probably the same amount you'd get from hitting title at 190 or 200, the first time.)

And no one could ever say they didn't earn the modifications to their character.
    I agree, i even would do it. On the other side you risk people getting bored with the game. Those missions are the worst thing ever. There is no need to torture people, maybe instead they should make it a "Quest"-Mob if you want people to "work hard" for it. Some super hard mob that fills your IPRs +5 (just a suggestion) with an item that drops by him. So you need outside help to gain those points. But aint sure if that is the right way anyway. The game changes steadily and also the characters should have the ability too - the ability shouldnt be limited for characters if the game changes arent.

Regards,
    Jannerik

I used almost all of my IPR on weapon experimentation (being a high level MP, you NEED to experiment!) and I have 1 IPR left. I would trade tokens for IPR points. I would buy NW for IPR points. Seeing how many nerfs we've been subjected to, I think it only fair we are handed a few more. After all, this is a game, we are paying for it, we aim to enjoy it. More IPR = more people resetting, resurrected characters, more fun, longer subscriptions. So why is there a problem in handing out more IPR's? You could say "its your own fault you spent them all", but why would you say that? You would also have the same IPR points..
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

More IPR would be really nice for a lot of people, I'd like to see it happen. Whether it's just given to people or earned through a quest or something.

I'm all for IPR points by a quest system that can be done SOLO! (not 50 person groups FC, S-O-L-O)
    -BlueMagic

Blue "Zyian" Magic RK1

I am usually against the idea for giving additional ipr for things, but in this case I have to agree. I just ended up using 3 ipr that I had so I could invest in skills that my toon would not have needed if not for the NW add on. That is 3 out of all ipr that I am recieving that were not used to change a mistake or bad ip planning, but used to be able to take advantage of the features in this booster.

I bump for some ipr for this booster, or at least a way to gain ipr in direct relation to the towers.

This and changed inits are the only things I support additional ipr for, as these changes are not the players fault, but a change in the game itself
    AO is not just about pvp, or Rp or power lvling. It is about whatever the players choose to bring to it. Don't make it personal against one of these groups because you feel nerfed by the game company.

Atlantian: "Jesska Rhees" - lvl 153 Crat - retired
    Rimor: Krazee "Lilyflie" Madness - lvl 103 ENF - semi around again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast