Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Retail, pre-order, download and launch

You can still be in on the battle without the booster, you only can't build any towers...
    Flapsie Clan Nanomage NT, Former Knights of Rubi-Ka
    Now: Ancarim Iron Legion
    Many alts from all Professions...
    -----------------------------------------------
    "The man with a new idea is a crank, until the idea succeeds" -
    Mark Twain

Re: No NW for me.

Originally posted by Vasherion
    Sorry for 2 posts on this but I forgot to add.

That I am protesting Notum Wars now by not purchasing it due to the lack of the Booster download option.

Even if the stores get it now I got left out of a few guild battles and that was enough to push me over the top because the last time I checked Funcom let me buy a product with my cable modem and hard drive. My money's not green anymore?

Vash,
    Funcom screwed themselves as well, because current subscribers have been clearing the shelves. What does this mean? No new subscribers as a result of NW. Also, the fact that new people get a better deal than loyal customers kind of blows. Why did we have buy AO AND NW, new people get both for same price.

-zep
    Who wrote this movie, and why am I starring in it?

it's more than just towers

Buying notum wars means more than just
    building towers.

Re: it's more than just towers

building towers.
    Care to explain that?

All the other content is for the rich/high level player. Other than that it boils down to the new graphics and voice stuff. Dont get me wrong its nice but thats not what people buy the booster for, they buy it for the towers
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Re: it's more than just towers

building towers.
    yea like we all have the millions for a new yalm. i have 2 semi main chars with 5-6 million each. enought for everydays bills. how am i supposed to have 50 million for a new yalm eh? i can make 1 million per hour maybe but need to spend some money on nano and nano formulas/armor/guns as i level.

oh yes my chars are 150ish and 118
    Last edited by mawu; Dec 12th, 2002 at 17:11:32.

Talking Re: No NW for me.

My money's not green anymore?

Vash,
    My money's not green anymore. It's blue. purple, red and sometimes orange. In fact, I don't think Canada even uses any green currency anymore.
    Last edited by Caddock; Dec 12th, 2002 at 23:27:21.

Re: Razishlyat...

Originally posted by Litigator
    ... fair enough, wonderful logistics and all that but:

I'm the customer and I don't care.

As the customer, I was told I could have something and in faith followed what appeared to be the "preferred" choice of FunCom and placed an order. I even opted (as so many did) to pay more for express delivery. It didn't happen therefore I am disgruntled.

Lets reduce this to basics and get rid of all the fanboy/troll attitudes. Fundementally, FunCom is a company with a product to sell, I'm a customer who wants to buy and it just didn't happen.

FunCom is not my pal, FunCom is a company I pay to provide a service at it's most basic level. That service is consistantly being degraded.

Now, as with all MMORPG's a spirit of community appears and we try and morally support the company behind the game, get to know their public face through the forums and through their volunteer programs and that usually means we're all loved up but... never, ever, forget the simple fact that I am a paying customer and that I simply want what I've been promised!

Personally I wanted NW for the vechicles. I don't give a damn about land control (if I did, I'd play Tribes 2, a far more superior product for that style of game play). Don't try and be condesending and tell me I can still get involved until it arrives, thats a disgusting attitude to take.

I understand and concur that the company representatives are doing a sterling job with attempting to communicate the issues to the player base and flaming them as individuals is wrong.

Yet, on the flipside, I don't care. FunCom, the company has failed to deliver. I don't give a damn about the distributior monopoly, it is rife, but I don't care. In the customers eyes, FunCom has failed and it is as simple as that.
    As stated, I don't give a damn (my, I am being mild...) about Land Control but I will buy the product and will support the development of the game in hope that once the PvP aspect of the game and been resolved then some quality RP aspect is introduced throughout the timezones for the everyday player to interact with (rather than just be a ruddy observer).

Finally, thanks for the horrible amount of lag introduced to the game, I'm amazed how bad it is. The amount of playfield shifts failing is unbelieveable... or is this a by product of the player limiting aspect? How much fun do you think it is being stuck in a store because the outside appears to be 'full'?

I'll walk away now, the more I look at this the more I really wonder why I play. I don't mind be asked to be supportive as improvements are made but asked to look the other way as I am repeatedly rogered is another thing all together...
    You wanted Notum Wars JUST for the vehicles? Hope you're a multi-millionaire.

Ok, I´ve got NW, but why is the box empty?

Dear Marketing Director!

I managed to get hold of a copy of Notum Wars a few days back, but found the box to be nearly devoid of contents...

The low weight of the product already made me a bit su****ious in the shop, but at home I was positively shocked! The contents were:

1 CD (containing AO)
    1 piece of cardboard with registration key and installation instructions

Obviously, I had already received the software on the CD in the form of numerous online patches, thus needing neither the CD, nor the installation instructions

Now, I am sure this is a mistake, as I do not believe any person heading a marketing department would let a product like this ship. Please let me make this clear: I am, as opposed to other people in this forum, quite happy with the content of NW, but I fail to see how the physical shipment was in any way necessary. A simple button would have sufficed:

<Notum Wars> by pressing this button you agree to the terms below, and authorise Funcom/Gamigo to deduct $19.95 from your account. Thank you!

No hiccups, no unsatisfied customers wanting the add-on, but not getting it. Frankly this box was an insult. You could have included a lot of useful things:

- Newbie guides
    - Profession guides
    - New media
    - An updated handbook
    - A list of Notum Wars features, and how to access them

The fact that even this last item was missing, is the most upsetting to me. I do not think I´ve bought anything at all apart from food and stationary that did not come with some sort of description. Least of all a piece of software.
    If I was Marketing Director at Funcom I´d be very ashamed. I mean it. Your programmers are doing a good job, even if some bugs seem hard to fix. They gave you an interesting product, but you made them look extremely bad by marketing it the way you have.

Though playing on DNW, I post this in the official forums, as I sincerely hope this outcry reaches you through Cz or Cosmik, and that maybe for Shadowlands you will rethink your strategy on this issue.

Loving the game, but digruntled by the way customers are treated,

Yours,
    Orionite

Smile

Cz: Retail and pre-order
    Many retail stores, especially in Europe, do not have the Notum Wars on the shelves yet. This is very unfortunate, but nothing we can do anything about. We have shipped the boxes off to our distributors (both retail and pre-order), and have no control of international distribution, customs, transport routes, or local distribution.

It's not out of your hands at all. I work at a stock myself........and if someone gets a tinyitsybitsy late with my shipment i lift the phone and give'm hell! Believe me they will hurry up, but aslong as you say its out of your hands they won't hurry up. A few hours by the phone and you'll get those shipments moving!

Prolly by now the NW is out.....but this is just my oppinion on the subject.

April, I live in a small little country in the Asia Pacific region and the game stores here have not even heard of Notum Wars.

Is there any way for the group of AO players in my country to get our hands on a copy without having to order online and be forced to pay very high shipping charges?

From all the discussion, I guess there will not be any download option (The guys here all started AO with the download option). Can I get the game stores here to contact FC directly to get retail boxes of NW or something? Please PM me or something... we had been waiting for a long time to get our towers and new yalms.

Originally posted by Ashuras
    April, I live in a small little country in the Asia Pacific region and the game stores here have not even heard of Notum Wars.

Is there any way for the group of AO players in my country to get our hands on a copy without having to order online and be forced to pay very high shipping charges?

From all the discussion, I guess there will not be any download option (The guys here all started AO with the download option). Can I get the game stores here to contact FC directly to get retail boxes of NW or something? Please PM me or something... we had been waiting for a long time to get our towers and new yalms.
    Try E-Mailing the store and asking if you could get a discount if ordering a given amount of copies...
    Flapsie Clan Nanomage NT, Former Knights of Rubi-Ka
    Now: Ancarim Iron Legion
    Many alts from all Professions...
    -----------------------------------------------
    "The man with a new idea is a crank, until the idea succeeds" -
    Mark Twain

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345