Thread: Attackers should be pvpflagged for 30 minutes.

Attackers should be pvpflagged for 30 minutes.

Hi everyone,

with the Notum Wars being released tomorrow it's time to improve the pvp game mechanics. I thought about different ways to stop the zone-hoggling and thisone so far is the my personal best suggestion :

Everyone who attacks another player gets pvpflagged for about 30 minutes. Please dont discuss the time, this can be modified - just an amount to start discussing with.

So what does that mean ?

Player A attacks Player B and gets pvpflagged. Player B attacks back and gets flagged. He runs a bit. After a while he decides to grid retreat, he uses the Grid and jumps into MMD. Player C there sees an injured Clanner. As an agent on the omniside he wants to send him back to Tir and attacks (gets flagged now). (Player B attacked back and got flagged). Player D - a friend of Player B grids in and help his friend... (gets flagged).

I think this system will be much more fun than the current one. Disgrace is fine but zoning is still teh sux and wastes the funfactor.

So in general everyone who is pvpflagged attacked another player (no matter if thatone was in 25% and not pvpflagged or in 100% gas and had a pvpflag running).

While you got pvpflagged you are allowed to fight back and your pvpflag doesnt renew. So in general you always only have to survive 30 minutes. (If your fight doesnt last longer than 30 minutes)

Ideas ? Comments ? Thoughts ?

Regards,
    Jannerik

Similar to flagging grey in UO. Good ideas, but I think a better one would be to not allow you zone if you're being attacked in PvP and making a whole lot more areas 25% to compensate for the lack of PvP. I never really bought into the whole idea of suppressing anything but towns with that gas stuff, wilderness areas should have an element of danger to them that exceeds just the wildlife.

Another idea I've thought of would be to make towns something like 50% suppression, which I envision as where if it's a clan city and there's an omni guy walking around, any clan member can attack the omni, but the omni can't initiate any battles at all and vice versa for omni towns. Similar to how nuetrals couldn't attack clans or omnis in the political zones before. Any thoughts on this?
    Celebrant Freshman since July 2001, where he'll stay indefinitely.
    Idoloclast Freshman since October 2003, where he'll stay indefinitely.
    Blowfish Tradeskill gimp, designed to be a credit mule. setup
    Greed Name carry-over from Atlantic shard of Ultima Online, where he was a champion duelist.
    Unfathomable On hold.
    Implacable On hold.
    Flowbish On hold.

Account Created 2001-06-28 05:43:08

Proud? player of cAmparchy Online

No, I like Jannerik's idea. You should get flagged with a single flag if you attack in a 25% zone though.

For example.

I attack omni in 2ho.

My name appears as *Kinkstaah* and I am attackable by anyone of different faction, anywhere, for 30 minutes.

Again, tower control battles you got flagged double (**Kinkstaah**) and flagged as "0%" for 4 hours.

BUMP for a 30 minute 25% flag.

(I guess not to disrupt duelling, you wouldnt get flagged for attacking someone of same faction? Or perhaps a double ** but only for 5 minutes? Seems the only thing unaccounted for.. but duels are lame now anyway )
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Bump.

Chasing people around past the normal 100 meters that makes up current pvp would be fun.

hmm not a bad idea...but I'm pro 25% gas across the planet except towns...
    Supersoly lvl 220 Atrox Enforcer
    Fearthis lvl 200 Opi MA
    Tehsoly lvl 60 Atrox Enforcer

and a lvl 160+ sold...

Legion

Has anybody seen these "PVP flags" yet? They are a great idea and I wish they were implemented more widely but I haven't seen them yet. Does anybody know what they are supposed to look like? Do you have to target a person or is it reflected in their name or with a graphical representation. Just wondering. Thanks.

Jannerik: great idea. Especially if it applies to players who attack guards as well. If we want to help the guard we should be able to.

I abhor the idea of 25% on all the planet except cities. I think the balance is being struck now with NW. If you apply 25% across the planet (a true war zone, which is theoretically correct) you will have 60% of the playerbase leave the game.
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Well 30 mins PVPFLAG on Attackers will take sure that only those who want to PVP will have the option to fight. 25% serverwide doesnt and can lead into alot or griefing/griefpvp. Even if you are getting griefkilled by another player it will be over after 30 minutes. You received that time because you attacked someone and that is the risk you should have to life with when you attack someone. I think it makes pvping even more exciting.

I agree to the Idea to put that on guards as well - but let us 1st try to argue for the 30 mins pvpflag in general

Regards,
    Jannerik

Bump for a great idea
    w00p w00p!!

You know, I think this is the first PvP thread I have seen where no-one is shouting and screaming.. Nice one
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

/me also wants people to get PvP flagged when killing NPC in your own faction

Re: Attackers should be pvpflagged for 30 minutes.

Originally posted by Jannerik
    While you got pvpflagged you are allowed to fight back and your pvpflag doesnt renew. So in general you always only have to survive 30 minutes. (If your fight doesnt last longer than 30 minutes)

Ideas ? Comments ? Thoughts ?

Regards,
    Jannerik
    What if they just logged off Should 30 min's be applied to online time only, so when they come back they are still flaged for 30 min of online time?

Also when you die should it reset this flag?

Other than those I kinda like this idea, could go bounty hunting for people with *'s in their name

I especially like the idea of having players attacking guards get insta-flagged for PVP, so that players nearby can help out guards of their own faction. Guard-hunting now is really just a spectator sport, and doesn't really change or alter anything.

If this system is implemented, however, you would instantly generate some rather nasty/large battles around the towns

Not only would you see some battles in the towns, but they would still be optional, so the wusses wouldn't have to get involved if they didn't want to .
    Screw baby Jesus, level limits make ME cry.