Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: atmosphere on the Enforcer forum

Talking atmosphere on the Enforcer forum

I've been looking at some of the other class forums and we seem to be the only ones not whining constantly lol. Sure some of the classes have a god-given right to whine like Engineers hehe, but the worst are MAs (spoiled brats =P) and traders...

I dunno why but I've never seen alot of whining and moaning on the enf forum only time i saw some major complaining was when FC made everyone wear dresses instead of tank armors =P

so lets keep up the good spirit!

/me hugs a tree
    -------------------------------------
    Zerpentor lvl 213 Enforcer
    Lequack lvl 201 MP
    Ziele lvl 180 Soldier

Nanomage 'forcers are not gimps! /stamps foot and pouts.

Hehe, I agree with you. Nothin much to complain about here. The most heated discussions we've had recently are whether the new white clubs look more like Bronto Tampons or Bowling Pins, and just how gimped a nanomage enforcers are. We got it good...which scares me.

i think the enf forum is a good place to hang out.

i am also amused at how just about every board has somebody post periodically about how little whining they do there and how great a community they are and how everybody should hug and smell like fresh roses some more.

Yes. Most definitely. I like you all, and I like my enf alt.

This is good.

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

This is probably the least *bitter* profession forum, that's probably because we have never been awful as a profession and we've never been really badly nerfed - nor have we had a running battle with FC for the past year to fix major problems.

Also being an Enforcer seems to attract less people who chose their profession just to be a leetninjanukerpunchershooterofdoom

I like it here, we certainly have a far higher proportion of fun posts/threads than I've seen in the other professional forums.

oh i dunno.. i was pretty pissed when they "fixed" the tank armors to have 100% nano cost mod. and forced us to wear maid's dresses
    -------------------------------------
    Zerpentor lvl 213 Enforcer
    Lequack lvl 201 MP
    Ziele lvl 180 Soldier

but they made that all better pretty much
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

The original Goddess of Stabbitty Death

I've been on the Enforcer Forum since Feb/02 I love it... Its rare that I go visit any other forum... and when I do It doesnt feel right

I feel most comfortable in this Forum...Kinda like in bed when you get in the right place and dont wanna move...

Yeah

Anu
    Up the Irons!
    Nunquam Retrorsus!
    Always remember pillage BEFORE you burn!

Legion

Originally posted by Anunnak
    I've been on the Enforcer Forum since Feb/02 I love it... Its rare that I go visit any other forum... and when I do It doesnt feel right

I feel most comfortable in this Forum...Kinda like in bed when you get in the right place and dont wanna move...

Yeah

Anu
    Are you saying that all enfos go to bed together?
    ...er...nevermind that!

But I know what you mean.

Wink

/me turns down the lights and plays some Barry White

How's the atmosphere now ?

The enforcer forum is a strange place, lotsa "which weapon do i use to smach mobs with?" questions. And lotsa links to funny websites. It's very true that you can tell alot about a person from his pro. Enfs tend to be cool people.

As for MA *****ing, yeah we do.

But you have to understand, we were always the weaker of the combat classes until crit nerf in 14.2 (?). We have been the red-headed step children, we were also the wost class to begin with at the start of the game. Long ass skill recharge (16min on BoP!!) long dimach. Long brawl. To put it frankly, we were the worst class to begin with. Only the fixer was partly worse then us (then again they had powerful SMGs at that point). Nanotechs if done right were extremely powerful (range decks anyone?). But this sint about MAs.. SORRY for off-topic rants

We had several months of greatness in which our splendor in PvP was only chalanged by rooters. I even tore through some docs heals with the insane amount of crits i dealt.

Enforcers have always been a well balanced class, thier simplicity is thier beauty.

The profound apotheosis of an enforcer is his uncanny abiltiy to simply, tear **** a new *******.
    Last edited by Mhar; Dec 1st, 2002 at 23:36:59.

I agree with Xenlong, MAs arent spoiled brats, they are fubared after the crit nerf. Look at an MA who fights his opponent in pvp and recieves more damage from the opponent from damage shield and reflect than he/she can do to the opponent. Add on top of that ridiculous weps like teh Kween Blaide and teh Manex. Weapons an MA surely wasnt meant to use. Funcom halved crit in pvp because they wanted fights to last longer. Why the hell are weps like the Black staff and before mentioned in game then ? I can tell you that it surely doesnt make fights longer with weps like that.

Hmmmm come to think of it... With the Kween Blade, Manex, Punishment Rod and all that, how about a weapon like this:

Premium Sunburst Mk I
    Ql 200
    Description: This weapon was the forefather to the new Sunburst Mk IV. It was taken out of commission because this weapon tended to do more damage to equipment and buildings around the target it obliterated. The rapid fire on this weapon makes it usable only by trained proffessionals.
    Equip time: 1 sec
    Attack time: 2.5 secs
    Recharge time: 5 secs
    Clip size: 30
    Damage: 1-942(500) - Energy AC
    To wield:
    Self Proffession == Soldier
    Self Assault rifle >=832
    Self Ranged Energy >=555
    Self Burst >= 693
    Self Fling >= 463

You think this weapon is silly ? Would i like a weapon like this ? You bet! It would give soldiers something to compare with the new melee weps and the Manex. Is it gonna be in game ? Hell no! Why not ? Cos its overpowered and Rubi Ka isnt ready for this weapon ( Lame excuse they added with the removal of this weapon after 1 day in game http://v020u46eff.maximumasp.com/AOD...sp?AOID=200960 ) Odd cos it is on the same lvl as some of the other new weapons added. I can understand why MAs arent that happy with their damage Pvp-wise when you look at what other proffessions got damage-wise. Either increase MA crit pvp or do something about their damage, maybe something along 100-450(400) for an MA with 1000 skill. MAs should be a force to be reckoned with in pvp along with enfs, soldiers, NTs and so on. Right now they are most certainly not! Fix em FC
    Last edited by Cherrn; Dec 2nd, 2002 at 10:39:28.
    Cauterized - NT parked at current lvl until the NT is fixed
    Mortalstrike - Former pvp twink Soldier - The original one

Best thing about sex is when you lay completely still in bed afterwards feeling all comfy and are counting the money.

Originally posted by Xenlong

It's very true that you can tell alot about a person from his pro. Enfs tend to be cool people.

We are pretty cool, aren't we?

BTW is that you Mhar? or the real Xenlong?

Also, sorry that atroxes had to wear skirts for a while. I never had a problem with them and presently am wearing a So8 skirt which look just like the old Primus "skirts". When funcom can get around to it, some nicer skirts would be appreciated.

I'd like a flowery or polka dot skirt. Thanks.

There aren't really much "real" whining on the Enf forum. The only "real" ones we've had was QB (led by Nieth :P), Edge Buff (led by Obitus), and EoT not dropping enough...

Well, one more if you count Kissy's whining about Mongo not being a heal

Originally posted by Mortalstrike

Hmmmm come to think of it... With the Kween Blade, Manex, Punishment Rod and all that, how about a weapon like this:

Premium Sunburst Mk I
    Ql 200
    Description: This weapon was the forefather to the new Sunburst Mk IV. It was taken out of commission because this weapon tended to do more damage to equipment and buildings around the target it obliterated. The rapid fire on this weapon makes it usable only by trained proffessionals.
    Equip time: 1 sec
    Attack time: 2.5 secs
    Recharge time: 5 secs
    Clip size: 30
    Damage: 1-942(500) - Energy AC
    To wield:
    Self Proffession == Soldier
    Self Assault rifle >=832
    Self Ranged Energy >=555
    Self Burst >= 693
    Self Fling >= 463

You think this weapon is silly ? Would i like a weapon like this ? You bet! It would give soldiers something to compare with the new melee weps and the Manex.
    Im all for that weapon, but with a few changes.. first make the equip time 6 seconds, up the minimum damage to like 450 then up the AR req to about 1020 or so, remove burst from it, and give it a range of 4 meters.. then it would be on par with the queen blade and punishment rod...

Give the Soldiers this:

Queenie Gun of Ownage:

AttackRange: 4m
    EquipTime: 6s
    AttackTime: 4s
    RechargeTime: 7.2s
    Damage: 417-1083 (66) -- ChemicalAC

Requirements
    Self Assult Rifle >= 1023
    Self Fling >= 486
    Self Burst >= 263
    Self Level >= 161

Would that help I wonder *grins*

Soldiers are able to switch weapons with ease, and shoot out all alphas... but what'll happen when they can't do that because of the slow Equip Time? I wonder...

Originally posted by Phione
    Give the Soldiers this:

Queenie Gun of Ownage:

AttackRange: 4m
    EquipTime: 6s
    AttackTime: 4s
    RechargeTime: 7.2s
    Damage: 417-1083 (66) -- ChemicalAC

Requirements
    Self Assult Rifle >= 1023
    Self Fling >= 486
    Self Burst >= 263
    Self Level >= 161

Would that help I wonder *grins*

Soldiers are able to switch weapons with ease, and shoot out all alphas... but what'll happen when they can't do that because of the slow Equip Time? I wonder...
    Dont give it burst, QB just has brawl, and that isn't even as good as fling shot, as flingshot isn't weapon based, so your brawl is always alot weaker than your weapon hits unless you crit with it then it's maybe 3k without challenger.

But you cant use flurry with a gun
    Bigmongo 200 Enf RK1 Proud Member Of Svea Rike
    (Born July 23 at 18:11 2001) Reached LvL 200 after 80 days and 6 min of play time the 21st aug 2003)

Iammongo 63 Crat RK1 President Of The Mongo Family
    "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence."
    - Xenocrates (396-314 B.C.)

-=[I may be Bad but i feel Good]=-
    - I AM NOT FAT I AM BIG BONED

Originally posted by Bigmongo
    But you cant use flurry with a gun
    Yeah you can, use flurry then equip the gun, I've used it dozens of times with my flashpoint, works good too

:P

Popping my vote on best profession forum.
    I think it's mainly due to the fun nature of playing the enf, and that, as said, never a huge nerf (although challenger suffered a lil offense nerf).
    Also, don't call ma's spoiled brats please, my ma dealt with being the lowest damage dealing class (well, close ) for 100 levels, and finally got good. (Although he lost his charm after that, ma's were everywhere after that :|)
    Anyways, enforcers are generally nice, humorous (spelling?) people, the way enforcers should be.
    :/?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast