Thread: Minimum damage question.

Minimum damage question.

Lets say I equip a "Gamma gluer"(Fixtional weapon) it has a damage listed as 20-300-(1). I have a ring of energy weapons(or whatever they are called) which give +4 to energy damage(not % but straight damage) I also fire up damage amplifier with gives me +10 to projectile and energy damage. (Note I might have spelled some names wrong here, but bear with me).

Now as I used to understand it this would change my minimum damage to 20+4+10=34. Is this assumtion correct?

Just wondered since I noticed that with my Nova yesterday I hit for 4 at some point and that seemes wrong to me with +10 and +4 bonus....
    Atrocious - taking ugly to the next level.

Atrocious - Atrox Enforcer - Member of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Aniana - Solitus Engineer(Uber gimp) - Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Plasmatiq - Solitus Soldier

Plus countless other alts I play with once in a while.

In your case the +4 (ring) and +10 (spell) would be added at the very end. After the ac, attack rating, defense rating calculations. So the weapons min dmg won't be 34.

I think we're saying the same thing. I guess I phrased my question wrongly.

Let's say I don't have any damage enhancers. Will the minimum damage of the imaginary "Gamma guler" be 20? I thought that ac and evades could not lower damage further down that minimum damage? In this case 20, then add the 4 and 10, which gives 34?

If your weapon does 20-300 it doesn't mean you will hit in the range of 20-300. that number gets modified by your attack rating. So lets say you got about 800 Attack rating. Your damage without any rings or +dmg spells will be (20-300)*3, yours hits will land somewhere from 60-900. Now, if you wear +dmg rings (+4) and have +dmg spell (+10) on you that damage is modified further on, so your hits will land somewhere in 74-914 range.

ok then..

ok now...

My weapon does 1-179 damage (energy)

I got two +5 damage rings of the right damage type (energy)

then add the damage amplifier 10 damage (energy)

and i still sometimes do 8 damage!

my damage should land between 21-200 ?

or is it 21-179 ? still it shouldnt be below 21...

whats wrong with this picture ?

Zalt

Absorbtion shields I believe. This can take the damage done to a target below the minimum.

Creep.

Yeap, reflection shields that soldiers or engineers have can take it below min dmg.

Thx for the help...

Originally posted by Krneki
    Yeap, reflection shields that soldiers or engineers have can take it below min dmg.
    Krneki, thx for all you help. I didn't know that attack rating increased damage, and this last piece of info was also interesting.

I have noticed that when I use a Mirror Shield I take less than min damage, but I have also noticed that when wearing the reflect shields I seldom return more than 1 point. Is that a bug, or???

It's not a bug. If you are using a 10% reflect shield, it will reflect 10% back at the mob -the dmg cap. Reflect shields have been nerfed a few months ago so they have max reflected dmg modifier. For example if i have a 22% reflect (max reflected dmg 20) shield on me and the mob hits me for 200 (dmg b4 the reflect takes the effect), I will get hit for 156 dmg and the mob will get hit for 20 dmg (not 44, tho it would be nice ).

I really wonder why they nerfed ALL reflect shields, not just soldier Mirror Shield which was abused.

I'm an engineer and I can attest that our reflect shields have a returned damage cap that works.

Just wondering...

Originally posted by Sigfried
    I'm an engineer and I can attest that our reflect shields have a returned damage cap that works.
    Is that against mobs that do constanly min damage? I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that even with my engy when I'm hit for min damage, I reflect(or what ever) only 1 pt damage. I got both the reflect and damage shields running. I have noticed that when being attacked by mobs that do more then min damage, that I reflect more than 1 pt. Sometimes upto max stated in description.

There's something wrong with some of the reflect shields, maybe all of them. They are in the in progress patch notes for the next patch as something that will be fixed.

As the other person said the monster you were fighting must have had a deflection shield going. A weapon with 20 minimum damage will never hit for less than 20 and probably will hit for a minimum of 40 or more when adjusted for your attack skill if you are over level 75 or so.

% Add Dmg spells are bugged and stop adding damage after you zone (so you need to recast them every time you zone if you expect to get benefits), so that may be one part of this issue you are having with lower than expected damage.

Originally posted by Nianna
    There's something wrong with some of the reflect shields, maybe all of them. They are in the in progress patch notes for the next patch as something that will be fixed.

As the other person said the monster you were fighting must have had a deflection shield going. A weapon with 20 minimum damage will never hit for less than 20 and probably will hit for a minimum of 40 or more when adjusted for your attack skill if you are over level 75 or so.

% Add Dmg spells are bugged and stop adding damage after you zone (so you need to recast them every time you zone if you expect to get benefits), so that may be one part of this issue you are having with lower than expected damage.
    Thx.. I'm finally starting to learn something here.. Maybe I'll be a tad more sucessfull as a soldier.. Doing a last ditch effort here to get in some ql125 implants and overequip a Nova, if soloing and damage output don't help. He'll take a leave of absense until a proper patch is released.

It may be the deflection shields they are working on -- the items you can wear and use -- not the spells.