Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CoA's position on the Sentinels

CoA's position on the Sentinels

We (CAS and CoA) do not support the Sentinels, we do not follow them in any way. We (CAS and CoA) do not condone the shooting of nuetrals in clan territories. Also, no CoA or CAS member will take orders from the Sentinels or Simon Silverstone. CAS and CoA do not attack nuetrals unless fired upon first. The Sentinels will in no way shape or form effect CoA or CAS's long term goals.

I've criticized you guys before but am humbled by this position. How very odd to be put in this situation regarding supporting Clanners who oppose Clanners with me being Neutral. I honestly hope this will make it clear how Neutrality has many faces and that supporting CoA and CAS's position does not make me a Clanner and opposing the Sentinels does not make me Omni.

Thank you for posting that Red. I have been fairly busy with some RL things the last few days. And speaking on the forums a lot. A press release was issued by Diamoness of the Mercury Dragons. Please refer to that for any further information or contact me in game.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Thank you Red for publically stating your stance towards
    The Sentinels with regards to CAS and the CoA...

It is nice to see a leader in your position make a public
    announcement where most will allow other to speak on
    their behalf.

I also thank you for your support this weekend...
    Mercury Dragons CAS Whisper's Edge Mockers Synergy Factor
    all coming to my aide.

Long Live the Clans
    ~*~ Nanoprincess ~*~
    Katelin Cyani Kerans

Okay, so you made it public that you dont support the sentinels... at least in public, i wonder if there is a hidden agenda? there always is within the extremist clans... and CoA is the leading gang of those.

Arila I dont think you understood my previous post in the other thread. The CoA is in no way extremists. We simply defend others, we do not agressively attack. This is why we have a problem with the Sentinels actions. You can keep thinking whatever you like, but I can personally guarantee you as a member of the CoA Cabinet that we have NO ties to the Sentinels, and we have NO hidden agendas.

Furthermore the CoA is not a leader of anything but itself. We are a military alliance formed for the common defense of the clans.

NOTHING MORE!!!

((OOC: I *MAY* find myself interested in CoA if...))

((again OOC: I can be assured in NO uncertain terms that the leadership of CoA will NOT cave in to FC demands to disband as they did once before.

The first time CoA was organized it was summarily disbanded WITHOUT the consent of the rank and file, and even of many of the officers of the participatory Clans. I would like PUBLIC assurance by the leaders of CoA that they will NEVER disband CoA because of pressure from Funcom again.

I do not care HOW undesireable CoA may become to FC. If I believe its leaders will cave in to pressure from FC and NOT follow what the rank and file desire I will not be supportive of their effort.

Assure me here and now that this will NEVER happen again and you may find you have tweeked my interest... ))

IC:

Now with the Sentinel guard forces weakened at the Tir transportation terminals I would like to see the CoA organize patrols to actively defend Neutral travelers that are attacked. This is a definitive action that I could support...not political rhetoric.

Nelida the CoA is not under the same type of rule it was under before. The decisions of the CoA and its actions no longer rest solely in the hands of any one person. So in that case it would be very difficult for anyone to just plain disband us.

I myself will personally guarantee you that I will never depart from the CoA. No matter what FC does. They can put me into a room with 25 NTs and have them all keep nuking me and reclaiming in that same room only to be killed again over and over.
    I will not leave what I see as "just" and "right".

Nelida, Fixerben and I are in this for life. Though I may not be very useful at moving some Sents around, Fixerben would be. Send him a tell in game, I am sure he will help any neutral friends to their destinations.

((strictly, completely, utterly, pervasively, unendingly, without limitation or exclusion, OOC:

Best of luck to the CoA on this one - I hope you guys can really pull together and make this work, and make a lot of noise in the process, if for no other reason but to finally set the precedent that us little players can indeed shape the fate of a planet. /disclaimer & /OOC))

Nooooooo Nelida! Don't turn to the dark side!!

ooc:

Thank you Alamexis we strive for the best every day, and make head way more with every person that understands our purpose.

(Begin OOC

My dear friend Nelida, please don't make me go OOC on these boards lol. Keep things at the RP level relating to this. OOC assurances to my mind go beyond the scope of the game. We'll talk on this in game.

End OCC)

Lovely Nelida,

The CoA as Fixerben accurately states in not run by a single Org or a single person. Redruum exercises a lot of influence over the Organization because he excercises lots of effort in its creation, organization and operation. But it is run according to Republican principles, and therefore via a competition of voices. It is the best and only viable Clanner organization that can further your interests--even if not exactly as you see fit. But even when it does not do it exactly, it does enable your voice to be heard and recognized.

We are pragmatists, not idealogues. Compromises are expected with us, for Republican debate can be messy and less than ideal. The CoA needs your support Now, as well as the support of all pragmatic Clanners not blinded by hatred, or worse, hatred masked under ideology.

If you want actions taken against the Sentinel guards, then join the CoA and try to make it happen. It's Republican after all, and the best thing available for all moderate pragmatic Clanners, as well as sensible, pragmatic Neutrals (whom we do not ask to become Clan). The longer you wait for the CoA to apparently rise to your ideals, the stronger the Sentinels get, and the weaker the CoA.

(Begin OOC again: And it's the best chance we little players with civilized values have of doing anything with the storyline. End OCC. End mini-rant lol.)
    Last edited by Kungwho; Nov 27th, 2002 at 21:56:17.
    Kungwho Buddha-Bellied MA
    Zapsta Notum-Plump NT
    Awdd Keepster Gimpster

(You can make a difference! Gather everyone in CoA in Tir and chain crash the city until the Sentinels give into your demands. j/k )
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Originally posted by Charles
    (You can make a difference! Gather everyone in CoA in Tir and chain crash the city until the Sentinels give into your demands. j/k )
    ((LMFAO - wouldn't that be a fun way to protest? Pull all of the Clanners together in Tir, all the OT people in Ent by BB, and all the neuts in Newland by the Whompa...never know, if it succeeds the CoA might be running Funcom after a weekend ))

((Lmao. Afterwards everyone--Omni Clan and Neut--will hold candlelight vigil with Tara.))
    Zapsta Notum-Plump NT
    Awdd Keepster Gimpster

OOC:
    I cannot believe that "Cabinet" is actually working and has taken root
    I thought you all would hate the name lol
    This is so cool
    End OOC
    "Everything that one thinks about a lot becomes problematic" - Nietzsche
    Zorf
    Member of CAS
    Vito's Personal Atrox Punching Bag
    Holder of Pie
    Weilder of the Horrid Mauser
    Desecrator of the Temple of Three Winds
    Fiqh
    Member of CAS

Originally posted by Benjacrat
    Arila I dont think you understood my previous post in the other thread. The CoA is in no way extremists. We simply defend others, we do not agressively attack.
    Ohh?? Last time i heard about Redruum, then he was messing around with Red Freedom and they were extremists, and i really doubt that he have changed much since then.

Some of you amy not be like that, but some certenly are. and those ruin everything.

(OOC: As for the FC thingy. Dont try and screw with the servers, dont want my gameplay ruined cause of some silly idea )

Completely OOC

(OOC: Sorry for jumping in here, but I'd like to hear the story about CoA being pressured by Funcom to disband. I worked closely with what happened around CoA a while back, and can assure you no pressure was put on them from us, nor did we want them gone. I was personally both surprised and a little saddened that a group with such impact more or less disappeared.

Somebody please e-mail me the story, and I'll see what I can do to clear up this misunderstanding. I don't see an IC thread as the place to discuss it.)

CoA, Totally OOC

OOC: Hi everyone,

I worked even closer than Cz with the things surrounding CoA and CoT, etc. *Never* did we pressure the CoA to stop what they were doing. Quite the opposite, we loved it. I spoke many times to people involved in the CoA, and more than once I can be quoted as saying "Good stuff!". There were times my discussions scared CoA members because they may have realized where they were leading or affecting the game, but *never* did I ask anyone to disband or even push them in that direction. If Funcom had anything to do with it, it was only because CoA did get reaction to action and they didn't like the reaction.

Before anyone runs screaming favoritism, my discussions were mainly to find motives and their direction. I never promise anything or tell anyone what is going to happen or happening. My strongest quotes were "I have no idea what Radiman or the CoT are thinking." when asked directly what was going to happen, even by CoA people.

There is also a rumor we stopped a Neutral Council. Again, *never* would we do that. What would we accomplish doing that, and how would that be a 'win' situation for anyone involved, Funcom *or* players. I would have my direct hand in any decision regarding that, and I would never decide to do that.

Anyway, sorry to jump into your RP with OOC. Have fun out there!

Edit : HEY! My post count was nerfed! *evilgrin*
    Last edited by Fadinaway; Nov 28th, 2002 at 17:54:13.

OOC:

Per an OOC conversation on Clan Leaders, the CoA disbanded at the time Funcom announced affiliations. Both Redruum and Windguaerd saw that the CoA didn't conform to any of the affilations, and thought that might jeopardize the CoAs involvment in the story. The CoA disbands and both leaders begin looking for other ways to involve their guilds in the story. When Funcom started using the CoA in the storyline is when the CoA reformed.

As Cz and Fadinaway have already stated, it was not Funcom that forced the CoA to disband.

Cz, I know you wanted an e-mail regarding this, but I posted here for everyone else wanting to know just what happened.

I'm sure Redruum or Windguaerd can correct me if I don't have the full accounts stated accurately.

Thumbs up

Completely OCC

Cemeterygate, Cz, Fadinaway, lovely Nelida--

Cemetarygate's account of the dissolution of the "first" CoA is also my understanding of events. FC did not "force" the CoA to disband. The perception at the time was that because FC announced it would not support player-run Orgs, then the CoA was a dead-letter--a view by the way that Nelida and I objected to.

In any event, it is great to see FC (Cz and Fadinaway) peering down upon our universe lol. And I am presuming from your disclaimers and your comments on the "first" CoA that you approve of our efforts with the "second" CoA.
    Zapsta Notum-Plump NT
    Awdd Keepster Gimpster

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast