Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wth Aonw Pushed Back!!!!!

Angry Wth Aonw Pushed Back!!!!!

I just got off the phone with Software ETC. and they told me that AONW got pushed back and they have no new release date for it. What is going on FC? Have you decided to pull it back at the last second? Need the info......
    RK-1
    ------------------
    Nrse.

One of my guildies was told the same thing... on the other hand, I called EB today and was told that it shipped today and they should have it tomorrow. I have it on good authority that a few people already have their copies. I think Software Etc. is BSing you, but I won't know for sure until tomorrow.

Gamestop... I was told "on hold indefintly".

local EB and gamestop both said on shelves tomorrow.

EB has told me the same thing, and I've seen that posted elsewhere in the forums.
    Renmeister
    Nano Trader
    Clan: Knights of the Shadow

Chalco
    Atrox Enforcer

AllNighter
    Opifex Fixer

email

EB told me that Dark Age of Camelot was a strategy game, so anything that comes out of their mouths is highly suspect.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

Do you go to the EB with the big fat lady with white hair who knows nothing about gaming? She is in my store to!

Munkie!

Software shops/vendors never know what they're talking about, most of the time.
    I can't count the number of times I asked, in various big software selling shops, when XXX or YYY game would be available, only to get answers like "What name you said ? Does it even exist ?", or "Well, I don't have it on my release list, so I think it won't be out for ages", only to go to the next shop and find the shelves full of that game.
    Last edited by MORB; Nov 27th, 2002 at 00:36:08.

I wish we could get an official word on the real ship date from Funcom
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

Thumbs down It's been shipped today

Good news: I talked to a couple of gamestores today (one of wich I know the owner), and they told me it had been shipped today.
    Bad News: As for Digital River, they are completely useless. I finally got a reply to my emails where they basically told me: Sorry we have no idea of when we will get your copy, so you might as well cancel and buy it in your local store. Well I sure cancelled!

Since I'm living in Norway I assume shipping will be 2-3 days (thats what the storeowner I know figured as well), I'll still have it by weekend.
    So I would urge the rest of you guys on Backorder to do the same, cancel and get it from your local store.

Originally posted by Munkie
    Do you go to the EB with the big fat lady with white hair who knows nothing about gaming? She is in my store to!

Munkie!
    Hmm... it's a big fat human, yes- but I'm almost certain it's a male, with some sort of skin problem. =)
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

You must mean

You must mean the white haired lady from Fred Meyers, Shes always stealing my parking space too.
    Renmeister
    Nano Trader
    Clan: Knights of the Shadow

Chalco
    Atrox Enforcer

AllNighter
    Opifex Fixer

email

At least we Americans will have something to give Thanks for. I was upset that it wouldn't get here till Thursday when everywhere would be closed. At least now there is a ray of hope in my life
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Re: It's been shipped today

Originally posted by Liet
    Good news: I talked to a couple of gamestores today (one of wich I know the owner), and they told me it had been shipped today.
    Bad News: As for Digital River, they are completely useless. I finally got a reply to my emails where they basically told me: Sorry we have no idea of when we will get your copy, so you might as well cancel and buy it in your local store. Well I sure cancelled!

Since I'm living in Norway I assume shipping will be 2-3 days (thats what the storeowner I know figured as well), I'll still have it by weekend.
    So I would urge the rest of you guys on Backorder to do the same, cancel and get it from your local store.

I cancelled my PREorder today!

*fume*

I never claimed to be a patient man.
    I want to be a campaign!!
    Tarilliux MP fun,fun,fun (should have been a crat with a name like this )
    Hexar ::::Nanotech::::
    Imothar Engie (For once on the recieving end of MP buffs)

And a few other lowbies can't for the life of me remember their names

Hmm I was just browsing around the Babbages/Gamestop website and they apparently have AO: Special Edition listed as being developed and published by Tri-Synergy. Someone should do something about that
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Nice sig there intense.

But you need to check the sources of your research
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Cancelled preorder.. Gonna check with the stores in the area and see if anyone knows.
    Last edited by Cudus; Nov 27th, 2002 at 09:07:34.
    Cudus :: eqp

PvP....It's not just a job, it's an adventure!

I just checked EB UK (Game now) and this is what I found

£14.99
    ETA : 06/12/2002
    PC Games :
    Publisher :
    Developer :
    Rating : (ELSPA) (BBFC)
    System Requirements :

Guesstimated release date of Friday next week :-(

Still the price is good, I payed £19.99 for AO 6 months ago :-)

A salesdude at an Electronics Boutique store in Toronto told me it will be available December 2.

Order Status: Backordered
    Order Date: 23 AUG 2002
    How are you people cancelling your order to Digital River? The only thing I see on the webpage about cancelling says that once you hit submit, you can't cancel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast