Thread: Bot in Battle Teaming Bug

Bot in Battle Teaming Bug

I've been having a problem where, after being in a team and engaging in battle, either the team can not recruit new members, or I cannot be recruited into another team; the message about not being able to add players while a team member is in battle always comes up. I am told at the time that it is because my bot is in battle, although he is clearly not. This never occurs (so far) in missions when a team member has LDed, only between missions when we are recruiting replacements or in-between teams that have disbanded.

I have tried:
    • Zoning
    • Having the bot kill something and thereby complete a battle
    • Killing something myself without the bot
    • Killing something along with the bot
    • Doing a quick reboot which saves the bot, but resets me
    • Debuffing the bot's agg aura
    • Swearing at the bot
    • Swearing at computer
    • Just swearing
    Nothing seems to work except terminating the bot, which, of course, begins the most famous of all engineer quests, Begging for Buffs.

Notes:
    • I see nothing about it in the 14.8 patch notes.
    • I've only experienced this in teams that have done missions since I can't get anyone to hunt anymore.
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa
    Solitus Neutral Engineer & Pet

I second this as the most frustrating engineer bug as of yet. Including the late pathing issues.

Sometimes I have fixed it by making my pet attack and kill a mob of some sort, but most of the time this wont help.
    I think it's wierd that so little people are familiar with it. It comes as a surprise to everyone in my team every time it happens, and even after 15 minutes of explaining, people still ask why I terminated my pet. I've even been kicked from team once for terminating it and having to go buffbeg for a new one.

I'll list some of my character "unusualities" in case they might be related. It's a longshot, but let me know if we have any of these in common.

I was former Omni but switched to clan.
    I use a lot of trimmers.
    I'm wearing: a robot brain, shoulder pads of the veracious, wen-wen, and a pioneer pack.

The pet is still in a fight even tho the mob has been killed.

It appears the bots Hate list hasnt been wiped after the Mob dies.

Use the pet behind command and wait a few.

I have been experiencing the same problem, but for a crat or MP is relatively easy to recast.

But I know how you engy's must feel.
    Tikon - Forever an MP. Rest in peace my dear old friend.

Remember, Life is a Journey, Not a Destination, So enjoy the ride..

Originally posted by Tikon
    The pet is still in a fight even tho the mob has been killed.

It appears the bots Hate list hasnt been wiped after the Mob dies.

Use the pet behind command and wait a few.

I have been experiencing the same problem, but for a crat or MP is relatively easy to recast.

But I know how you engy's must feel.
    The pets carry their hatelist through zones? I'll try the /behind next time I get this bug.

It seems so, their hate list seems to stay the same, so the bot keeps the so called agg, eventhough its not fighting anything.

I have tried the pet behind command, and it takes ages for it to actually work, it is much easier to recast the pet.

Seems like either the pet hate list is not being wiped, or its lagged in some way.
    Tikon - Forever an MP. Rest in peace my dear old friend.

Remember, Life is a Journey, Not a Destination, So enjoy the ride..