Thread: Why do I have 6 mission slots...

Why do I have 6 mission slots...

... when I can only take 3 missions.

It really sucks that I can only have 2 quests going on in order to take a mission. We have 6 mission slots, why not allow us to use them. It's not all that uncommon for a clanner to be working on Dog Tags and Dodga and only have 1 spot free for missions. With new quests being added with NW this will become even more of a pain. How would it be to fix this? (hint: not very)
    Thromp Uber Soldat (hehe ok uber for 80 seconds )
    Threefitty UberSquishy NanoTech

The original intent was that the other three slots would be used for player created missions. There used to be a create mission button on the Missions window. They worked on it one patch and got it to where players could create missions, but they were unable to get it to where you could actually give the mission to another player.

Similarly, that 6th slot in the mission terminal window is supposed to be for story line related missions. But then they went and decided to spawn those off of NPCs instead. Go figure.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Ahhh

OK so since they took away the player created missions they should just give us 6 of the randomly generated ones and/or quests.

Hey Funcom, see that half a byte of code that says how many missions you can have, yeah that 0011, change that to 0110. kk thx.

Re: Ahhh

Originally posted by Thromp
    Hey Funcom, see that half a byte of code that says how many missions you can have, yeah that 0011, change that to 0110. kk thx.
    I would laugh but I'm a bit too shocked at your ignorance to do so.
    ~Chris

Grats on reclamation of 1k posts, Ethernal.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Originally posted by Hypos
    Grats on reclamation of 1k posts, Ethernal.

lol thanks, too bad I quit AO (for real this time )
    ~Chris

Re: Re: Ahhh

Originally posted by Megabio

I would laugh but I'm a bit too shocked at your ignorance to do so.
    ~Chris
    Get a clue Megabio. The GUI is already there so it would be very easy to make this change. I know it seems to be a very complicated and daunting task to you, but trust me it wouldn't be. It would only take a dev 10 minutes tops to make this change that would help all of us so much if they would just listen to their players and do so.

Oh and I almost forgot...

BYE, can i have your stuff?

Who cares how much work it is, they should do it anyway
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

Thumbs up

As defender of all simple changes that will make AO much better for all players I am shamelessly bumping this thread.

You could take more than 3 terminal-generated missions at once, originally. They limited it to three on purpose. Of course this is when people were still getting tokens from grey missions, so I'm not sure if there is still any reason to limit it to 3. The point is, FunCom does have easy control over how many missions you can take.

It's not that simple...

It's not as simple as adding a few bytes to up how many missions you can have. Sure that's the easy part, but what happens to the servers when everybody is running around with 6 missions. Each spawned. Each tracked by the server for decay. Each with 5 to 100 mobs. With chest and mission items. Each lasting for 6 to 10 hours. What happens to the servers due to your "simple" fix?

All MMOG are complex systems. Nothing is ever simple.

bump to allowing 6 missions
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

I don't believe it spawns the mission until you enter it, so there is nothing for the servers to keep track of. If this is true, how many people go into one mission and do a little of it, run off to another one, do some of it, go into a third one etc. They don't. They do a mission and finish it our give up and delete it. And for the one guy that maybe does mission hop his extra 2 to what could be 5 missions for up to 8 hours would have a neglagable effect on the server.