Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tradeskills and the lost ones.

Post Hmm...

Really not trying to stir anything up here as I can see this is a hot topic, but I really wish there was some kind of standardization.

The economy on both dimensions is completely out of sync with each other and dimension one is so incredibly borked that it isn't funny (why any item a character below lvl 50 would use can possibly cost several 100K when the only way that character could get that kind of money while the item could actually benefit them is to have creds muled to them is beyond me). This makes it difficult to know how much to offer for anything at any given moment.

I run into this with "tips". I wrote "tips" because many don't mean a tip they mean they want to get paid but for some reason refuse to state their price. I had one guy tell me he usually gets more money that way . I also run into this with people selling on the channels who refuse to state their price.

I have offended people with a tip and I have made people ecstatic with a tip.

Don't get me wrong, tradeskills are very valuable and if you have spent the IP you deserve to be rewarded for that as well as your time and effort to build the item. I disagree though with getting offended at not receiving enough of a "tip". If you have an amount in mind, state your price. If I have it I will pay, if not I will say that I will get back to you when I have the creds.

I won't say anyone isn't entitled to their feelings about something, but I think it is kind of fubar to refuse to state a set price, say you are working for "tips", then get offended when the person doesn't offer the amount you hoped for. The amount you hoped for should be stated as your set price, otherwise you are asking ME to put a value on YOUR time and that is very difficult for me to do accurately. I don't want to way over pay and bankrupt myself when you would be very happy with half what I tip, but I also don't want to offend and get ignored because I way under pay.

What is so difficult about stating your price?

Skara

i say my price on the service i gave, but in still ppl gonna have some remarks on it saying its pathetic.. maybe thats the reason why some people doesnt state thier standard price to avoid further remarks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12