Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one who thinks this patch looks good.

Am I the only one who thinks this patch looks good.

Just have that feeling when I look around here.
    I can see alot of good things in this patch actually.
    I have to say that I like this one pretty much 100%.
    I might not be the oldest player here by far, but I think my opinion still matters.

Yes, there are some things that makes it harder on us, like the roots/snares being harder to break..but read on, at the same time we are getting items especially for breaking them.
    Clearly this will just affect those who are just thoughtless enough to forget to stock up on those items.. Just one more thing to make sure you got enough of.. Charges, Treatment, first aid, nanostims, cluster bullets (for some of us) Ammo..Root breakers.
    Actually, I like this, as it means no more will I be standing around in a mission for several minutes, just because a mob's last action before dying was rooting me.

The Anti GA nuke? Well, NT's already hands GA fixers their posterior on a silver platter, so what is that to whine about?.

OTher whines?..well, there are sure to be some, like the MA's about the new rootbreaking thing using riposte..well..allI can say is..too bad..it's not like you HAVE to have it (Just like us Fixers don't HAVE to have GA)..don't feel like Raising it? Then just go get those root breaking stims like everyone else.

Anything else?..eh..probably, always something.. in the end..I got only one thing to say
    TWO THUMBS UP FUNCOM
    "They have some pretty wierd things in Tir"
    "Yeah, they're called clanners"

Ask any fixer, any real fixer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning.

like the MA's about the new rootbreaking thing using riposte..well..allI can say is..too bad..it's not like you HAVE to have it (Just like us Fixers don't HAVE to have GA)..don't feel like Raising it? Then just go get those root breaking stims like everyone else.
    I think there is good and bad in the patch but I just want you to note you are compairing a root breaking attack with a *probably* three min recycle time with GA

hehe, that is funny.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Yeah it does look like a cool patch.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

I have a wait and see mentality about this patch. I like what I have read and am looking forward to playing NW. There are a few things that made me a little squicky, but hey, that's life. You can't please everyone all of the time.

So you are not alone.
    Isadara level 214 NT AL 12 (Gear and Perks)-- Rimor
    Valdene level 197 Fixer (Gear and Perks) -- Rimor

General of Project Eden

Re: Am I the only one who thinks this patch looks good.

Originally posted by Serraglio

The Anti GA nuke? Well, NT's already hands GA fixers their posterior on a silver platter, so what is that to whine about?.
    TWO THUMBS UP FUNCOM

That's the problem there. NTs could already kick a GA fixer's butt from here to the moon. However, at least the fixer had a chance, but with this nuke, a snowball has a better chance in hell than a GA fixer.

Personally, the patch is good news for me. I'm a non-GA fixer, and the snare breaker rules. I absolutely hate sitting there forever waiting for a root to wear out.

One comment to add at random. It'd be nice if the fixer run nanos and adventurer bird nanos increased swim speed as well as run speed, even if not by as much. Its too dang hard to swim right now.
    L58 Fixer RK1

Thumbs down yes

you are the only one.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

You mean they are making it where people with no lives and plenty of AO money can't rule over us people with real lives? Wow......I mean Wow, the nerve of this company.

Yeah, this patch it pretty good, keep it up FunCom. In regards to all of the PVP imbalance, I think that combat would be much fairer just so long as every prof has a counter for any kind of attack, nano, or strategy.

Example-

- If you get rooted: You have unroot nanos and items

- (For an engi): Special attacks killing you?- Engineer special attack defence nano

- Debuffed?: Use a rebuff nano

- Damage against you is too good?- Damage shields, reflect shields, AC buffs, healing

Etc.

In this way, profs will debuff, root, attack, alpha and more, but the victim will always at least have a chance to counter these strategies and to retaliate.

Not all of these are necessarily implemented for every prof. so far, but I think it would make a normally complicated PVP balance situation easier.
    Ernest "Zane0" Bunke - Equipment - Perks
    Obsidian Order
    Advisor

Fix 200+ Engineer Slayers

Re: yes

Originally posted by Blackwing
    you are the only one.
    No he's not.

Thumbs up

Disregarding the problems around the actual patch implementation (apartment problems and subsequent bad fixes) I tend to agree that the patch is good and I can see the relation between the content and the upcoming NW and later stuff. A bit more testing before going live would not hurt though.
    Hammerr
    member of Tigre Claw

Also Kenih (trader), Rujin (doc), Vargas (keeper), Haimatzu (MA)

Even on the Titanic you had people that were in denial that the ship was sinking.

So it doesn't surprise me that people think things are getting better...when they are getting worse.

Jitta - RK2

Originally posted by Meligant
    Even on the Titanic you had people that were in denial that the ship was sinking.

So it doesn't surprise me that people think things are getting better...when they are getting worse.

Jitta - RK2

and sometimes you see an old lunatic walking the streets with a big cardboard sign around his neck telling us: "the world will end tomorrow"

"We are jolly green giants...walking the planet...with guns"

Stormhat"Warcriminal" Lotto

General of Ragnarok

Master of 80 sec survival

"Valhalla or Reclaim!!"

I like the patch and am having a fun time.

I would say that its a decent patch but the lag they introduced with it removes any happy thoughts I had about it, so until the lag is solved I will have to vote IT SUCKS. I also think any new players NW's will attract will leave pretty fast because of the same lag but all of this is just my opinion.. Funny how the lag gets worse instead of better huh.....

yeah yeah I know it must be my computer or my connection or etc etc etc....

~aqua
    Last edited by Aqua; Nov 26th, 2002 at 18:50:17.
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

Playing a Trader is like cyber S&M

---------
    "if you dont die in mass pvp your not doing it right"

.. dupe
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

Playing a Trader is like cyber S&M

---------
    "if you dont die in mass pvp your not doing it right"

You may not be thje only one, but your one of the very few.

THIS PATCH SUCKS.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Lol what sucks about it?
    Screw baby Jesus, level limits make ME cry.

Hehehe, don't bother asking him to elaborate, Turin says the same thing every patch in the same economy of words.

Pet pathing is worse.

Roots and snares don't break, even when they're supposed to.

Aparetments? duh.

The NT nukes are simply too powerful.

Broken pvp flags.

The new MA root breaker does not work.

Yalm height nerf.

Scope req nerf.

Ql135 weapons? Yay.

Tir grid movement...

Reload bugs.

CH and Mongo NCU Requirements?

Swim stim nerfs.

All of these bad changes and:

Engies are still gimps. MAs are still relatively gimped. Soldiers still have huge problems. Pet pathing is still nonexistant. BS is still the only place on the planet for decent xp from level 100 on. PvP is horrifically unbalanced.

Just a few of the things that WEREN'T CHANGED.

Saying this patch is good is like saying 'You might have hit me with a bus, but you did it with style. Two thumbs up!'
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Originally posted by Ityn
    Hehehe, don't bother asking him to elaborate, Turin says the same thing every patch in the same economy of words.

Thats not true. They have released, 2 patchs that I liked.

But why should I like this one? its buggy as hell, im stuck in roots now for like, ever, I can use a stim that reduce's the ammount of time a little. oh joy. My complete heal was a tad nerfed ( only 1 NCU, but still, it has already cost the life of a couple of people ) I spent the last... oh... 5 days hunting for my new nanos on outdoor boss mobs. ( THAT was fun... yeah... really.... I enjoyed flying around 4 hours a day looking for a random boss mob that would drop my new nano. really! I did!!! no!!! honest!!! ) My Yalm is more bugged than ever now. Like, every other time I try to get out of the damn thing, I end up having to relog. I went into my Apartment, and all of a sudden my Eboney Figureing is missing!! And this is just how it personally effects me. In the short term. And My MP is still unplayable.
    Last edited by Turin; Nov 27th, 2002 at 15:02:54.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast