Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There should be a new breed: Rhinoman

There should be a new breed: Rhinoman

I think it would be neat if I could choose to be a Rhinoman. I would start in a Rhinoman camp somewhere and hunt critters like anyone else and pull missions from a Chief or something. Let me know what you think...

Crjabes -- Rhinoman Berserker

No.....

Oh no that is not right... as a matter of fact that is not even wrong
    How long will a floating point operation float?

Smile No really

I think that would be a good idea. I think AO needs some more breeds because I have tried almost every breed, except for atrox. I would love too see some people running around!!!

My take on Jabes post was that he wanted to live the lifestyle of a Rhinoman out in the desert. So it would be sort of specialty breed that wasn't involved in the Clan vs Omni conflict. You couldn't have an Omni or Clan Rhinoman for example, rather they'd be kind of neutral nomads.

As such, I'm having a problem seeing how such a char would interact with the normal game mechanics. Specifically, would Rhinomen have all of the usual profs available to them? The Rhinomen I've seen are a pretty brutish lot, so does an NT or Engineer Rhinoman make sense, for example? Where would they get the nanos from? etc.

On the positive side, they could have specialty skills that allowed them to be experts in, say, Bronto Armor creation, and perhaps better attunement to Notum, as Rubi Ka is their native planet. So they might not need normal nanos, but have developed a sort of natural magic system. Rather than download nanos, they would undergo training to develop their skills. So being a Rhinoman would a be very unique experience.

Rhinoman

Wraith God-

Exactly. Rhinoman would not be Clan or Omni or Neutral. They would be Rhinoman. As for job skills/types they would have there own. IE Rhinoman Berserker or Rhinoman Chiefs or Rhinoman Shamans and such... Just like the mobs in the game. There is alot that would need to be figured out but I think it would be cool and could provide a hell of a storyline.

"Omni and Clan unite to fight the rebeling Rhinoman"

I am looking for more ideas and what other people think... Please Wraith gimmie some more ideas and let me know any other faults you find it will help me come up with a better overall idea about this.

Rhinoman Rule Forever!!

Jabes -- Rhinoman Berserker

Bump for Rhinoman

Here are the different Professions for the Rhinoman Breeds:

Rhinoman Basher - Tank
    Rhinoman Shaman - Healing and Teaching
    Rhinoman Chief - Ruler of Rhinoman/Nanos
    Rhinoman Berserker - Heavy Attack
    Rhinoman Apprentice - Tradeskills and Nano
    Rhinoman Mother - Lesser Heals and Medicine tradeskills
    Rhinoman Warrior - MA/Melee Damage and Nano

Since Rhinoman are native to Rubi-Ka they dont "Upload" nano programs. They are attuned to the planet and just need to be "trained" on how to use them properly. Just an idea again... So please help me out with any ideas you may have.

BTW im sure all the Rhinoman are not going to be happy about all the Notum we are going to be raping from the planet during Notum Wars... May be a good reason they are so upset.

Talking

maybe code your own expansion:

Rhinomen Online!

Good Idea

I am sure I read this somewhere before, but i don't think funcom is reading it. I think they should put some more breeds and races in the game. Only a person who is close minded would believe that huminoids are the only being in the Universe. Some may say that they need to fix the breeds they have now, but I think it may have a positive effect on AO membership if they started to implement some new char in the game we can play...

Here Here!!

Keep the ideas coming!!

If the thread gets to 1 million posts FC will be forced to read it!

-J

Originally posted by Jabes
    Here Here!!

Keep the ideas coming!!

If the thread gets to 1 million posts FC will be forced to read it!

-J

Or delete it

ooo i love this idea!! This would add alot to gameplay .
    - lvl 200 neutral agent -

Thought we had rhinos allrdy, or at least their mixed breed, trox=half rhino ? :P
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Originally posted by Wraith God
    My take on Jabes post was that he wanted to live the lifestyle of a Rhinoman out in the desert. So it would be sort of specialty breed that wasn't involved in the Clan vs Omni conflict. You couldn't have an Omni or Clan Rhinoman for example, rather they'd be kind of neutral nomads.

As such, I'm having a problem seeing how such a char would interact with the normal game mechanics. Specifically, would Rhinomen have all of the usual profs available to them? The Rhinomen I've seen are a pretty brutish lot, so does an NT or Engineer Rhinoman make sense, for example? Where would they get the nanos from? etc.

On the positive side, they could have specialty skills that allowed them to be experts in, say, Bronto Armor creation, and perhaps better attunement to Notum, as Rubi Ka is their native planet. So they might not need normal nanos, but have developed a sort of natural magic system. Rather than download nanos, they would undergo training to develop their skills. So being a Rhinoman would a be very unique experience.
    Actually, professor Van Horn is supposed to be like a rhinoman engineer/nano technician, according to the stroly update that featured him.

'Magical' rhinomen also make sense, as one of the rhino mobs is named "mystical rhinoman".

I think that would be a cool idea, if they weren't so strapped by deadlines for shadowlands/notum wars/bug fixes, etc. I'd play a rhinoman in an instant. Like an Atrox, only stronger and dumber
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Creating a new breed is a big task, especially something as unique as a Rhinoman. So the first two questions that come to mind are What role do Rhinomen play in within AO?, and How do you select a Rhinoman as your char?

One possible role for Rhinomen would be as defenders of the natural state of Rubi Ka. So their main focus would be to remove all non-native people and constructions. This would fit in well with the Notum War stuff because a key Rhinoman role would be exactly to eliminate Notum Towers and their defenders, independent of owner.

To enhance the PvP role, they wouldn't be affected by the supression gas, but rather their strength (physical and magical) would vary depending on the degree of naturalness of the location, and the amount of Notum present. So in cities they'd be very weak, but in the desert, and around the Notum Towers (which mine Notum so there'd be lots present) they'd be very strong. This would make them fierce opponents in the Notum Wars and strong defenders of their home, but not so strong as to be able to successfully attack large cities. Clearly, destroying a Notum Tower would increase the degree of naturalness of the locaction, so they'd derive concrete benefits from doing so.

Getting Rhinomen into the game would have to involve some special transition because the reception area is set up for colonists, not natives. You could probably work around that without a huge amount of difficulty, but I think it be fun to have Rhinomen be the product of some sort of mystical transition of normal characters.

This would allow a higher degree of intelligence than the usual Rhinoman you meet as well. As a key aspect of Rhinomen is their attunement to Notum, it seems appropriate that the transition would require an initial attunement that is also reasonably strong. Perhaps then only Nanomage breed characters could make the transition to Rhinomen. The prof they become as Rhinomen would depend on the prof they initially chose in the normal character selection process.

The mysical transition to Rhinoman would involve some sort of trial, at the end of which you become a full-fledged Rhinoman. This could involve a quest, but I think a special cave or other locale that had a set of trials would be more interesting, and easier to keep track of. Something like a static dungeon. As you progress though this trial you begin to lose your normal char appearance and looking increasginly more like a Rhinoman. When you emerge triumphant, you have proven your worth and can begin your life as a mighty Rhinoman.

Anyway, just some thoughts.

I like the idea, so are rhino's pvp all the time then? cause i'm always clearing house at rhino camps (:

would be interesting to show up with a group to get some exp at say the rhino camp in the new road. and there are a party of rhinomen (players) that make wall and tell you to leave before you get hurt...... let loose the dogs of war baby! all hell breaks loose (:

And non player rhino's should help out player rhinos (:

sorrow

I like it I like it!!

I love the ideas people!!

Wraith God -- i love the nanomage idea. Setting it up like that would help... even FC wouldn't have to do so much work

The are the quest begins is in an area where there are so many nanobots in the air that other breeds would fall over and die.

So your nanomage enforcer could train and becaome a Rhinoman Basher!!

I like the NPC Rhinoman helping the PC Rhinoman... Keep it in the family Rhinos!!

Keep the great ideas coming I love to read em!

-J

Heh, I wana be a Nanofreak .

Why not .

Same concept as a Rhinoman but perhaps more geared towards Technologies and Nanos.

Then look at Manteze .

Those are also very fun .

I guess if you'll think about it, you can come up with 4-5 new breeds very easy .

Oh....and my favorite one Robots .

So here we go:

Rhinoman
    Nanofreak
    Manteze
    Robots/Androids
    CYBORGS
    Cerber - MA Bruiser

Baboone - Portable Deathstar

Dukatus - Choppah

Yep .. and you'd have every other character at your throats to see if you drop something good ... because honestly, you don't think you'd be welcome in a City ?
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

bump for these ideas
    Jeffery "Bobby1" Pilot - Proud Squad Commander of a Band of Fools
    Cindi "Jennyline" Brigges - Noobie doc, wannabe sensemilia !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast