Thread: Bodyguard skill for the Soldier

Bodyguard skill for the Soldier

When the bodyguard skill is cast on a team member, 50% of the damage done to the 'bodyguarded' should be reflected to the soldier.

The skill should also lock the nano skills of the soldier, but not as long as as tms.

There could also be a team bodyguard skill, which reflects 10% of all damage done to the team to the soldier.

So if there are two soliders in a team, they could cast bodyguard on each other sharing their hps.
    Last edited by Jonus; Nov 20th, 2002 at 17:37:32.

I like this idea, especially since I play a Doc. It would allow me to dispense with dumping IP into those terrible dark blue evades. Though I think it would be better if an Enforcer has it because of the HP advantage the Enforcer has. Then, I'd have this burly Enforcer friend who'd interject himself between me and those brutish Clanner thugs. Of course, to be fair, the nano would have to have a very limited range, and if my enforcer friend got out of range, I'd be beat on as usual.
    Last edited by Wraith God; Nov 20th, 2002 at 17:49:30.

In my imagination the bms (== bodyguard mirror shield) should be a highly modified tms nano.

It should make soldiers more valuable in teams, so please don't give that nano to the enforcers.

I sympathize, however, as a Doc what I see is that when Soldiers are under attack (and aren't using TMS), they need focused healing to keep them alive. That means they couldn't possibly sustain the additional damage of being my bodyguard. Most often, outside of PvP, when I get aggro its because of adds, so the added damage they would sustain under these conditions would likely kill them. In PvP, docs are target #1. So if a Soldier was my bodyguard there, they'd die even faster. Especially, if the bodyguard nano prevented them from using TMS.

For a bodyguard nano to be effective, the person who is the bodyguard has to be able to sustain a fair bit of additional damage. That's what Enforcers do.

One possibility, however, would be that, if it was a Soldier nano, the Soldier would get additional shielding because of it, and it wouldn't prevent them from running TMS afterward.

The enforcer class doesn't have any shielding skills, so he shouldn't get bms.

If you prefer to fight together with a enforcer in 2v2pvp, maybe a soldier with a bms skill would change your mind.

! mobs

Hmm Would make soldiers useful at the toughest unique ! mobs

Soldier casts onto enf , then just casting TMS every 2 minutes whilst some docs heal the enf and some heal the soldier .