Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2 Hand Edged

ok but i calculated that at lvl 200, with 200 implants u can get roughly up to 930 skill, so whatever buffs u use ull never get 999, and this seiously sucks as even the best enforcers will not be able to equip Tarasques without a small penalty :/
    Belgian Linolea Beer, General of Storm
    Fat Nofx Mike, Storm

(Stay) Don't think
    (Home) Drink your wine
    (Be) Watch the fire burn
    (Safe) His problems not mine
    Just be that model citizen

Shameless Self-Promotion: Lino's Fan"Art" : AO meets Southpark

i see your point.

maybe they wanted challenger used more often?
    maybe they didn't realize what they were doing?
    maybe they are prepping the reqs for when an edged buff comes our way?

maybe you can get a trader to buff you for special fights when you can take out that sword.

situation sucks, imo.

Originally posted by Thyrra
    i see your point.

maybe they wanted challenger used more often?
    maybe they didn't realize what they were doing?
    maybe they are prepping the reqs for when an edged buff comes our way?

maybe you can get a trader to buff you for special fights when you can take out that sword.

situation sucks, imo.
    From my experience with Funcom, id be more likely to pick the second solution lol.
    Fat Nofx Mike, Storm

(Stay) Don't think
    (Home) Drink your wine
    (Be) Watch the fire burn

2he boring until u reach lv 180

I use Warblade and im at lv 136 atm, i must say its boring as hell lvln with that sword all day and night.

Avoid 2HE

Go with blunt instead

*blink*
    Don't people ever look at dates before posting?
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

rofl, I land sneakattacks all the time in missions/team missions, the damage ranges from 225 to 10k.. so I'd say sneakattack is pretty good, and it's useful in PvP aswell.

Originally posted by Skybert
    anyway....I didn't mention e-blades, as I said stay away from sneak attack. I jve not met a single enforcer EVER made a successful sneak attack. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!
    Tranceptor - Level 220/30/?? Omni Solitus Godfather - Nemesis of Chaos - /born July 2001, still going strong(ish)
    Twincaliber - Level 220/11 Omni Atrox Vanguard
    Kansho - Level 206+/14 Omni Opifex MA
    Sakayuri - Level 165+ Omni Solitus Crat.
    Unimusha - L132+ Omni Solitus Soldier
    Kryozz - L41+ Omni Nanomage NT
    Twelvegauge - L19+ Omni Solitus Trader
    Kasima - L13+ Omni Solitus Doctor

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.”

would i be?

I guess im just wondering if i would be considered a gimp.. or a fool to stick with the Sword of Sir Galahad?

they just look so much more interesting than the other swords and wouldnt the insane crit amounts help to make up the differences in damages between other weapons?

Ugh... I really dont want to re-roll and have to go 1 hand edged and dual wield... but its looking like a much more viable option...
    Lochlann

Don't be shy about digging up old threads now!!

Oo the things we said

The term gimp / gimpy is i'm starting to think and over used one.

Vincini : Inconceivable!
    Inigo : You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
    Most people shy away from the Galahads and E-Blades just because of the quantity of skills it is neccessary to raise. It would appear that the current trend it to apply your IP'age to nano skills.

the only rule as far as I'm concerned is:

Fast weapons early on is adviseable, as you gain both Hit Points and Melee init a slow weapon becomes more suitable.

If your happy, groovy. If not change.

There is no gimp
    Tally ho

Kissy
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Ashnik
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vincini : Inconceivable!
    Inigo : You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Always nice to see a princess bride qoute

Eek its living-dead post

run for your lives

seriously this brings back nice memories, being a 2HE gimp and being picked on by all the trox beamers in those days (until i kicked their ass in the arena of course hehe) and look at them now, all clones who have ipr'ed to go 2HE, makes me smile
    Fat Nofx Mike, Storm

(Stay) Don't think
    (Home) Drink your wine
    (Be) Watch the fire burn

lol

well i didnt want to be flamed for starting a new post a bout a topic thats already covered so well...

I am gona stick with the galahad ... and im gona try to stick to it.... cuz im not going to put points in it if i just have to take them out later...

I think i am going to use the Galahad's for a while... and keep on the watch for true katanas or the meibutsu's and then i would just have to reset my melee energy.... and everything else would fit perfectly....

or just go to The Tsunayoshi Smith really chose an outback location to provide his services. Located in Southern Artery Valley at the Largest Soul Fragment in the world at 2600 x 2900, the Tsunayoshi Smith has put up his tent and decided to clean out place to make room for himself. His smithing skills has been long awaited and now that he has finally arrived, we set out to meet the master weaponsmith in person and see what he might have in store for us.

and get a meibutsu dai-katana!
    too bad there arent more unique looking swords like the galahad. i would like to shake the hand of the guy who designed that item prelaunch and ask for more in upcoming updates!

Post ql 135 looks like a good time to get a true katana... I think they go as mission rewards... anyone confirm this?
    Last edited by Lochlann; May 1st, 2003 at 02:50:08.
    Lochlann

Sounds like you have got the plan.

Katanas can be roled in missions, I believe they can also be purchased in trader shops, but I've never seen it done.

Happy chopping.
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Yes the True Katana can be rolled in a mission. I have gotten most of my katanas from missions. At lower levels I had a good friend use his trader to buy they from the trader shop.

Wow, 4 pages of 2he discussion with no mention of scythes, SD's, or EQB's! I can't believe it!

Guess this is the "anti clone" 2he discussion.

Originally posted by Orickone
    Wow, 4 pages of 2he discussion with no mention of scythes, SD's, or EQB's! I can't believe it!

Guess this is the "anti clone" 2he discussion.

note how old this thread is.....
    Sonny BeachHunk Beach - Level 200 Omni Enforcer - Current Armor

Tanked: Ian Warr, Supply Master Smug, High Commander Fredrickson, Diamondine Soldier, Fiery Soldier, Notum Soldier, Obediency Enforcer, The One, Peter Lee, Ljotur, Special Agent Lamb, Nelly Johnson, Patricia Johnson, The Pest and pretty much anything else there is to tank.

What about the Stygian Desolator or the Frost Scythe thing? I started an enforcer to act as a base defender with those two weapons in mind.
    Cthulhu Disciples, if Cohrman is on then we are recuiting. Cohrman is also lazy and never on.
    Java Corps is much better.
    Aurilian( 33 Fixer)
    Saugod(8 Agent)
    Cohrman(12 Doctor)
    99% Talker
    1% Leveler

Question Soloist -- Best Breed? Best Weapon?

I've been playing a MA (now at level 41) because I enjoy soloing and because teaming up with players involves an incredible number of hassles that I'd rather avoid.

However, I've become rather discouraged by the negative comments of current top-level MA's about the MA situation (see the MA forum for additional info), so I've decided to try playing as an Enforcer for a while. I do like my MA, however; he's a great soloist, fighting and self-healing well. I miss the ranged ability -- not enough IPs for bow skills. Perhaps later on.

I think an Atrox would be the best breed for soloing as an Enforcer, since, with no doctor around, I need all the HP I can muster. The other breeds seem too weak, although they're better looking. Well, you can't have everything, I guess. (g)

Having spent about five hours or so these last two days reading these forums and weighing the merits of 2HE vs 2HB vs dual-wielding 1HB or 1HE, I'm still uncertain which route to take. Most of the posts favoring 2HB (beam or hammer for Atrox) were made about a year or so ago; most of the posts favoring 2HE were made more recently. So I'm inclined to think that 2HE is the way to go. But the recommendations all you guys have made vary so greatly in preference that, you must admit, it's rather confusing for us newbie Enforcers-to-be. Also, most of you seem to be basing your recommendations on the idea of the Enforcer working as a "meatshield" or "tank" in a team rather than as a soloist. -- which, of course, stands to reason, since I gather that most players use their Enforcers as part of a team. Not many solo Enforcers around, I suspect.

Looks are not THAT important to me, although I would much prefer roleplaying a Solitus Asian-looking Enf (ninja-type) than a hulking Atrox. Survival goes to the fittest, however. As a solo player, I guess (sigh) the Atrox wins out because, all things being equal, it appears to me, anyway, that it has the better chance of not dying in a fight. If any of you disagree, lemme know!

Also, the taunt-mongo-type nanos would seem unnecessary to me as a solo player, but those increasing my defensive and self-healing abilities would seem to be essential. The same for implants. What do you think? Any suggestions?

I'd also like to raise B&E (about 2 points per level, judging from my MA experience) in order to be able to open chests. I LOVE opening chests! It's like Christmas. "Hmm, I wonder what's inside THIS package!" KuhBLAM! "Oh, and here are some beasties to fight, too. Great! More XP for me!" (g) I don't mind the threat of being blasted by a trapped chest. Makes the adrenalin flow faster, ya know?

My MA is in Clan territory, but I think I'll start my Enforcer in Omni, just to see what it's like there.

Anyway, can any of you help me decide on a weapon path? I welcome all thoughts and suggestions. Thanks!

personally i think the soloing will be easier with an atrox only the first few level, after that you will aquire mongo, which will be your primary source of healing during a fight, and if you play solitus you would have more nano to cast it, aswell as being able to cast the next mongo (and other HP adding progs) earlier. I guess it's just a different way of playing, but be assured that both will do fine. As far as weapons go, if you want to be high level, you can go piercing (easy to obtain good weapons), 2HE (qb easy, eqb bit harder), or 1HB (BB hard to get). Hope this helps, Greetz Lino...
    Fat Nofx Mike, Storm

(Stay) Don't think
    (Home) Drink your wine
    (Be) Watch the fire burn

Originally posted by Linolea
    personally i think the soloing will be easier with an atrox only the first few level, after that you will aquire mongo, which will be your primary source of healing during a fight, and if you play solitus you would have more nano to cast it, aswell as being able to cast the next mongo (and other HP adding progs) earlier. I guess it's just a different way of playing, but be assured that both will do fine. As far as weapons go, if you want to be high level, you can go piercing (easy to obtain good weapons), 2HE (qb easy, eqb bit harder), or 1HB (BB hard to get). Hope this helps, Greetz Lino...
    Thank you for such a helpful reply! And how delightful to hear you say that "both (Atrox and Solitus) will do fine." Music to me ears! (wide grin).

Also, I didn't realize that Mongo increased my max health during a fight. I thought it only taunted. Well, that's a very pleasant surprise!

Piercing, eh? Hmm, that's a thought. I'll have to look more closely at the messages about piercing weapons. I've seen a couple on here -- about a dirk, or something? Anyway, it's good to know that I have a choice. I don't have to decide right away, I guess, since I'll be wielding a baseball bat for a few levels anyway.

I think the challenge of playing a Solitus at early levels will be fun. I enjoy challenges -- as long as they're not TOO difficult anyway.

Thanks again!

Yarl

Well, at higher levels, it's really just a matter of preferrence. I for one have not found much interest in using the peircing weapons. At low levels, there is alot more variety of the 2HE kind than blunt or piercing weapons. Since you're interested in playing a more "ninja" styled enforcer, then I'd say definately go 2HE. The melee merchant has a wide variety of eastern blades that simply rock the old bat and beam. It's hard to get to him at low levels, but i'm sure you can find a higher level player who wouldn't mind picking you up one if you give them the cash for the purchase and ask nicely.

Once we get out of training, you can head over to Temple of Three winds for one of the two best lowbie 2HE enforcer weapons i've encountered thus far: The Stygian Desolator and Frost Scythe of the Legionnaire . It also doesn't hurt that they look so damn cool ^_^

The Stygian may take you some effort as it only drops off of Aztur the Immortal (bring a enfie and a doc or two). The weapon has a positively INSANE Fast-Attack recharge compared to 2HE weapons that use Brawl as a secondary attack. The Frost Scythe is infinately more accessible and has no minimum damage, but also has no crit. A solid and reliable weapon for well over 20 levels.

Playing an Enforcer is very different from playing an MA. At lower levels, soloing with a twinked enforcer is beyond easy because of high damage output and an HP surplus, but once you hit level 150 you're gonna need a team to get anywhere.
    "An enforcer is judged by the strength of his will, not by the force of his beam or his blade."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast