Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 14.7.1 : Profession changes

Originally posted by Cz
    Some updates from Belith:

Adventurer
    • The adventurers have received a new root/snare resist line.
    Hopefully this will be enough that my advent doesn't need to cast Reet form on opponents to avoid getting ganked.

Doctor
    • Doctors have received a new deprive/ransack resist nanoline.
    Will these effect MP debuffs as well? Dominate BioMet isn't nearly as overpowering as deprive, I hope it doesn't get nerfed.

Engineer
    • Added a new nanoline that you can cast on your pet. The nano will send out a pulse and will snare opponents close to the engineer.
    • You mean close to the bot right?

• Added a new snare/root resist line that you can cast on you pet.
    • Added a new defensive nano line. The engineer will be able to case a nano that will protect him from a number of special attacks.
  2. Grammar check. Is the defensive nano line self-only? I could see an alpha protecting buff making an engi very desirable in a team. Can we get a little more specific than "number of special attacks?"
Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Angry

Sallust they are ~15%. So against a chain rooting opponent they will get you a solid below 0% chance to resist 3 roots in a row.

Its just plain silly, useless and its not going to be used for anything but other profession as a point when they want love from FC.

Can you roll back to 14.5 please? And where do I cancel my preorder?

nothing for enforcer, any eta on the new weapons comin out? it is really engough to give us that oh, and some nukes (jk)
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Re: Re: 14.7.1 : Profession changes

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

2) Who snare/root you most?
    Fixers...what does fixers use..GA, Our MA attacks don't work against GA we only get "Target resisted" all the time.

So we will still get rooted and snared because it's useless!
    So... make sure you have an NT along who will *$?!@* that fixer...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Originally posted by Yazule
    nothing for enforcer, any eta on the new weapons comin out? it is really engough to give us that oh, and some nukes (jk)
    A merchant has set up a trade in special melee weapons. He's no city dweller, so you might have to look around for him.

"Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Snublefot, what is ~15%? I wasn't sure what you were replying to .

Adventurer nano resist line Sallust.

15% ? And here I almost hoped we would get a useful buff. I never learn do I ?

Cz......Bro i feel bad for you. No matter what the hell you guys try and do to help professions out, but still not make it too damn easy for them to just walk over anyone and everyone, they ***** and moan and whine ( MA's anyone ?....the prima donnas of AO). I do not know of ANY class or profession that outright attacks and whines at you guys more. Hell there are several things that Agents have problems with in PvP and the "prima donna's" will still be standing long after the agents are sitting at the reclaim terminal....but we aren't in here attacking Funcom (ok...not that much =)

Geeze people. WAIT UNTIL YOU TRY the new stuff before you MOAN!

And those wanting to cancel...I am sure that would be great.....less bickering on the message forums for us all to hear.

Zeronx
    Omni-AGENT

Originally posted by Darkbane
    What I really want to see is a nano for the enf that buffs our Brawling skill, just like Dirty Fighter does. Hell, just give us Dirty Fighter, don't have to be a new one
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

Adventurers

15% Nano resist? Does it buff our NR or give an extra 15% chance of resisting?

I can see a problem with this line though. Its not enough for melee advents in PvP, any more would be too much for pistol advents.

I've got two melee advents, I think I may delete one and make a pistol advent toon for PvP.

What is needed is something specific for melee advents to give them an extra boost in PvP.

Engineer change

Added a new nanoline that you can cast on your pet. The nano will send out a pulse and will snare opponents close to the engineer. {Update: Close to the bot, of course. }
    Cool i like that idea i just hope it's gonna work fine and mobs won't break them in 3 sec.

Added a new snare/root resist line that you can cast on you pet
    Yes !!!! No more snare on my bot for 10 min at the time.

Added a new defensive nano line. The engineer will be able to case a nano that will protect him from a number of special attacks.
    Hmmm interesting, special attack eh ? Hmmm wondering what you mean here.

Overall these are nice changes can't wait ! Thanks FC.
    Aguitha, Engineer
    Cratisha, Bureaucrat

If I log on today, find myself a new MA attack ....reset some skills to up riposite (!!!!) ....and then find the recharge time of the new attack to be 15 min ...... then i will seriously never ever play MA again .....
    Main chars :
    Tumtitum - 220 Soldier, Atlantean
    Darkseraphin - 220 NT, Atlantean
    Twinfootwo - 220 Martial Artist, Atlantean
    There is no foot in my name!
    Shaolinna - 218 Agent, Atlantean

First person to be drunk every single level from 1 to 220 ..ever......

Originally posted by Darkbane

A merchant has set up a trade in special melee weapons. He's no city dweller, so you might have to look around for him.

/me looks like idiot (as usual )
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Aguitha
    Cool i like that idea i just hope it's gonna work fine and mobs won't break them in 3 sec.
    Snares are being made a lot harder to break this patch. Also, since it's a disruptive aura, I can't see it being resisted either.
    Hmmm interesting, special attack eh ? Hmmm wondering what you mean here.
    Full-auto, burst etc. Hopefully it'll cover Aimed Shot as well as the melee specials. No word on whether it covers things like cluster bullets, but I'd doubt it. Sounds good though.

Cheers,

~R~

Just don't forget the other melee users. Like ma docs. Very nice setup, but getting it with roots too.

Thumbs up Good Job Funcom (Seriously)

I'm very impressed with the patch notes thus far, especially about the added post about the Doctor ransack/deprive nano lines. Just one question, will it be self-cast only or can I target others with it?
    Celebrant Freshman since July 2001, where he'll stay indefinitely.
    Idoloclast Freshman since October 2003, where he'll stay indefinitely.
    Blowfish Tradeskill gimp, designed to be a credit mule. setup
    Greed Name carry-over from Atlantic shard of Ultima Online, where he was a champion duelist.
    Unfathomable On hold.
    Implacable On hold.
    Flowbish On hold.

Account Created 2001-06-28 05:43:08

Proud? player of cAmparchy Online

i don't understand

what was the big deal with advs using their morphing line to morph enemies in pvp? Its not hostile so it can be cancelled...and fairly quickly at that...

i guess i see how it is like an exploit...but was it really that bad that they needed to increase the cast time?

I mean i'm sure a lot of other profs use certain nano programs not quite the way they were meant to be used...it's all about making use out of what u have, and being creative...

Like every other melee fighter out there i can feel the pain of the root programs...I think it sucks but it makes sense...ranged users are dependant on their being able to stay away from our melee attacks...I just think our melee attacks and sneak attacks should do more damage...rather than giving us root/snare breaks, allow us to be able to use some sort of short term nano evade so that we can unleash our melee attacks on them...and increase the dmg of our melee weapons, so that rooters will actually fear fighting melee fighters and NEED to use their root and shoot technique in order to keep the play balanced.

It seems like right now rooters are just simply using it to make easy kills on melee fighters. That shouldn't be. There needs to be balance...

For example the recharge rate is 2.00 secs on my sols...give me a cyclic shield which resists nano programs for 5 secs and recycles every 5 secs (or whatever the avg rate time for casting a root is)
    This would give the rooter a chance to root me and give me a chance to avoid it while trying to catch them. It will also stop them from being able to infinitely chain cast roots.

just a thought

lol just thought of an even better idea...same as above but make it a reflect shield, so the rooter could become the rootee
    Last edited by Hunterandy; Nov 20th, 2002 at 16:50:43.

Posted by CZ on MA forum earlier today

I have spoken with several Martial Artists on ICQ, private messages here on the bulletin board, and IRC the last week or two, and we (Funcom) are very much aware of the concerns about the MA profession in PvP. Gaute is reading the feedback in the balance threads he has started on the beta forums, and has already talked about it with the designers.

Is this what we get ?
    *another* broken MA attack ?

{Moderator: Watch your comments.}
    Last edited by Cz; Nov 21st, 2002 at 18:18:13.

Re: 14.7.1 : Profession changes

Originally posted by Cz
    Martial Artist
    • Added a new Martial Arts special attack, called "Upon a Wave of Summer", existing at QL50-300. It uses riposte as main skill. It clears all Same QL snares and roots, and has a chance to stun the opponent. You will get a Run Speed and Nano Resist boost for ten seconds to either close with the opponent, or run away. It also snares the opponent up to 20 meters away.
    Hmmmm I agree to this cause mas are in the same position as enforcers and roots will both hit very hard. But! It shouldn't work better as a rage! and How often can u use this special attack? Every second, all 10seconds etc? Mas can still use the same items all other classes can use to cancle a root.

When I read that I see a new uber attack. Why? Cause a) the ma has the best root breaker debuff now. b) the ma has the best rage now which costs less or zero np to cast and which can used when a ma is debuffed or has nanoshutdown too. Enforcer cannot use rage when he is debuffed or when he has nanoshutdown. and c) the special attack snare the opponent? Comeone fc what I see is that the ma use this attack to snare the enemie now - not to break the root on him. Snare the ememie run to him with a big boost of nanoresist and runspeed. Get your special attack. Use the ma attack again to snare the enemie again and then run out of range. Wait, heal and wait for special attacks and snare the enemie etc..

I see this ma attack using as offense and not as a defense attack now!

I think there is something wrong! I agree to a special ma attack which kills the roots but which can only be used all 10mins and which only snares the oppenent and which only! can used if you are already snared or rooted!
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

• Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast