Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 14.7.1 : Nano changes

Originally posted by Waffen

You're going to have more than a few engineers disagreeing with your first statement.

As to the second, you must be playing a different game. A fixer can easily beat an MA in PvP. With the crit nerf, an MA cannot even keep up in damage output to a fixer's HoTs, much less trying to heal himself from Manex damage at the same time.
    like i said i dont liek PVP. im doing some tradeskillz and have maxed all my nanos to support. my plain style is still the supporter role. therefore my evades suck. like i said i maybe bet him but i was ganked.
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,
    real power is something u take

fear my lockpick ... plz?

The root breaking first aid stim.... CANNOT BE USED WHILE IN COMBAT

yep.

soldiers are now totaly screwed unless they are teamed with someone that has a group root breaker nano.

the way roots work in pvp in EQ works well. if you get hit there is a high chance of it being broken.... reason it was changed to that is due to ppl rooting someone and nuking them to death without ever having a chance to fight back... much the same thing will happen now....

/sigh

Unhappy Fixer's severely hurt with no compensation. (and Crats but with minor comp.)

Well fixers all ready have a hard time in pvp (non GA and those GA users who don't have MK3 /4) Folks a t least. Our main advantage was our ability to snare / root and use a movement predictor and increase our range as much as possible. These according to a good deal of people in beta have pretty much made our line of snares/roots completely useless in any coordinated situation. Ever profession can now bust right through these with either new nanos or new items that remove them. Sure we could keep change casting and waste our nano completely but inthe end it would do absolutely nothing for us. We seriously need to see some kind of pvp oriented changes for the fixer if they are to be worthwhile at all in PvP/NW our primary advantage in and particularly in outdoor combat as such in NW has been taken away.

I think one solution is that classes where some of their primary nano lines are root and snare based like Fixers and Crats it should be by far more difficult to break roots / snares cast by them.

If no other changes are made. However I would still like it to be taken in consideration current fixer pvp effectiveness for people who don't have GA(and High End GA MK I/II arn't effective in PvP at all) and use typical fixer weapons that are SMG/MG Burst based and not using weapons that are inteded for soldiers. Because most of us don't. So dmg is also a medium concern.

I'm not forgetting we have decent HoTs now but in most pvp situations unless you're able to keep both up constantly it isn't going to do much at all especially in coordinated attacks when in multiplayer PvP with a coodinated attack and 5 people on 1 person then moving to the next and thats the way it'll be most of the time even if you have several people attacking you it's the most effective way to quickly drop opponents. .in these situations you would try and use a AE snare/root and maybe run and pull back temporarily then everyone you just snare/rooted instantly drops it, hense it's useles.

I'm sure others can add more or possibly correct some of what I've said but I do beleive this is going to be a big problem for support classes in general.

hoping this gets looked into

cheers
    Last edited by Neurostim; Nov 20th, 2002 at 16:49:26.

Originally posted by calvara
    wrong! maybe in another patch version but on teh current beta u can use them while fighting too
    (just checked it)
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,

Originally posted by calvara
    soldiers are now totaly screwed unless they are teamed with someone that has a group root breaker nano.
    Well also to add on to what Achmed said there will be items that will allow you break roots/snares as well as the nanos provided to several classes so everyone and their pet can literally break roots/snares with no trouble (this includes you w/items)

fixer need something?
    hell no. im fixer.
    in pvp u use ur mass snares, roots. can be easily broken (maybe) but thats our role in PVP. support. we allways had teh strongest snares and roots. next crat and every other profs just has a few crappy roots which should be easy to be broken.
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,

Originally posted by RedSonja

And from your changes here is the full quote:

Several lines of programs for battling roots and snares have been added. The professions gaining these are Agent, Bureaucrat, Fixer, Nano Technician and Trader. Bureaucrats, Engineers and Meta Physicists also get such programs for use on their pets only.

As you can see Enforcers do not get these new buffs.
    Our Rage line is already crap, having to cast it three or four times to remove even the simplest root.
    I get the impression these nano's are not going to be made any better.
    It is as simple as this:

I WILL NOT STAND AROUND FOR FIVE MINUTES IN A SOLO MISSION DUE TO A LAST GASP ROOT FROM A MOB.

I very much hope this is not going through and if it is then I fully expect ALL professions to be able to use these new root/snare breaking nano's.
    What with soldiers? We don't have a rage too - you still have a little chance!
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

Originally posted by Naen

Well also to add on to what Achmed said there will be items that will allow you break roots/snares as well as the nanos provided to several classes so everyone and their pet can literally break roots/snares with no trouble (this includes you w/items)
    i think u ment teh "virus remover" item,
    its ment to remove ransacks, DoTs and whatever else. these can just be removed while sitting and not fighting.
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,

Originally posted by Whitesand

What with soldiers? We don't have a rage too - you still have a little chance!
    read the threads and ull know :P

PS: u have MK shield
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,

Exclamation Pay attention =)

Originally posted by Achmed20
    fixer need something?
    hell no. im fixer.
    in pvp u use ur mass snares, roots. can be easily broken (maybe) but thats our role in PVP. support. we allways had teh strongest snares and roots. next crat and every other profs just has a few crappy roots which should be easy to be broken.
    I don't think you're understing what I'm saying at all. The effectiveness of roots and snares will no longer be as good as they have been at all if not down right useless once everyone has a clickable item that will break root/snare and/or a nano to do it. Since like you just said it is one of our primary roles it's something we currently rely on and it will be something that we can't really rely on after NW is live.
    Last edited by Neurostim; Nov 20th, 2002 at 16:58:24.

oh ya.. MK shield.. the thing that makes it impossible to use a nano for 2 minutes and leaves us a sitting duck for any class that can root. ya ya...

Is 'One more hit healing' a root breaker? I ask because the 5 points of radiation damage is clearly not meant to hurt us.

Also, I don't understand why it is the rooting classes that get root breaking nanos. If you're going for the rock-paper-scissors type of PvP, shouldn't it be the non-rooters that can cast a root breaker?

Originally posted by Naen

yep.. but soldiers are not one of them.

i think u ment teh "virus remover" item,
    its ment to remove ransacks, DoTs and whatever else. these can just be removed while sitting and not fighting.
    Well as Cz said early in this thread refering to this "Several items to get rid of enemy nano programs (e.g. root and snare) running in your NCU have been added." this includes Root/Snare clicky removal items

wrong! maybe in another patch version but on teh current beta u can use them while fighting too
    (just checked it)
    funny, only ones i saw that were useable in combat where the combat preped healkits/nanokits. it might have changed in the past 2 days since i've played tho.

Originally posted by Magg
    Is 'One more hit healing' a root breaker? I ask because the 5 points of radiation damage is clearly not meant to hurt us.

Also, I don't understand why it is the rooting classes that get root breaking nanos. If you're going for the rock-paper-scissors type of PvP, shouldn't it be the non-rooters that can cast a root breaker?
    it works on the current patch..... but not in the next one.

Hehe lol yes I can break a root once and after I break it you reroot me. Its the same if we had absolutly no chance - cause what I see is. You root me - I break it with the rootbreaker stim then you reroot me and I have to wait a amount of time to break it again. Yes thx thats a really good chance lol.

The problem is when I ever break a root you will instantly reroot me and so I ask you why should I ever break a root? It doesn't matter - no chance for me to run away.

And MK shield? Hmmm you can root me when I have my shield up. Don't know what you want to say to me.

Add a +2000 runspeed and +2000 nanoresist on tms then I would be able to run away.
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

why not? u can use teh "free movement stims" (name of teh derootkits) too.

u just need a FA skill. the heigher ur skill is, the better kits u can use, the faster u can break roots.

and my MK shield suggestion is more asugesstion if u realy cant get rid of the root.

and if u guys forgot! a lvl 200 guy cant root a lvl 100 one. so u only have to break roots in a QL in ur lvl range.
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,

Good god, I'm going to vomit. TMS is a joke and is far more of a hinderance in PvP than not. Nano shutdown and conflict with reflect are just two of the big screw-jobs with it, and it would be nice for a change for the non-soldier playing peeps out there to not flaunt it as being all über.

Bah. I'll just refer you to the soldier boards to see the rest of the information.

My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude.

220 Wiseguy - Bureaucrat
    ... and a bevy of underequipped 220's

Account Created 16 July 2001

So for PvP in 14.7:

Rooter attacks non rooter (non rooters does not have root breakers). He keeps his target rooted (is easy now, will be easier with the reduced chance to break). If by any chance the non rooter manages to wear down the health of the rooter, the rooter will hit the non rooter with a 5 minute root, zone out, heal up, zone back and resume fighting. In this time, the non rooter is standing there like a fool, unable to sit down to heal or anything.

Thanks FC for making such a balanced system.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast