Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 14.7.1 : Nano changes

Originally posted by Achmed20
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaarrgh u drive me crazy!!!!!

roots/snare
    1. can be broken by using anti root kist found if every shop (usinf FA)
    2. can be broken by soem profession with a nano that need 10 secs to cast and just reduces time of a root/snare. so u may need a few times to get rid of it.
    3. enforces have a nano to get rid of it. they allways had. dunno how its named but its the thingy which makes u fast.
    4. have u ever thought about nano resist? this skil is ment to block every incoming hostile nano

whine cry ... duh im so sick of taht.
    READ THE DAM PATCH NOTES BEFORE U START CRYING
    And in practice:
    1. Takes too long to use and you can be instantly re-rooted.
    2. By the time you cast that nano for the 2nd or 3rd time, you're already near death or already dead so that it won't really matter that you've finally broken the root. Plus, you can be easily re-rooted once again.
    3. Enfs should not have a problem, except mass PvP might be a little trickier.
    4. Nano resist has never worked properly from day one, and still does not.

My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude.

220 Wiseguy - Bureaucrat
    ... and a bevy of underequipped 220's

Account Created 16 July 2001

Originally posted by Olmy

I really hope to god this is sarcasm because if not you must have a really bad Trader.
    Oh yeah, that post had sarcasm all over it. In fact, I'm sure that we'll begin to see more and more trader twinks, especially as NW hits.

And let me tell you something else - GA needs to be made more powerful by having it usable with all other armor, bracers and rings and drop off leets in the backyard. That and up the damage and speed on the Manex. Give it fling and FA too.

220 Wiseguy - Bureaucrat

Achmed20:
    1) The root stim *shortens* the time, and have a 35s cooldown. Guess how many times *1* root caster can chain that root in 35s? Huh?
    2) Yeah they can be broken by some professions. But would they spend 5-10s of battle time unrooting a melee user so he can get rooted again in the next 5 seconds?
    3) Yeah they remembered enforcers and mas. Now, have you ever seen an adventurer run around with swords? Oh, your sort of surprises when that dualwielding sword user is an enforcer huh?
    4) NR and the class that is hit most by the root changes. Well... Its dark dark blue. Even tripple implanted, maxed and using morphing memory its not above 800. Of course it sounds pretty high at level 100, but this is how life is for a level 200 adventurer. Its full defensive and I guess a below 5% chance of resisting trough NR. And roots where 100%, and from the patch notes:
    To slightly counteract this addition, the amount of Nano Resist used in the defensive calculations was reduced by 10%.
    Guess they just made it 90%.

Remember that even if you successfully break *1* root where 50%, resisting *2* would have 25% chance, resisting *3* is 12.5%, resisting *4* is 6%, resisting *5* is 3%.

Its a cry, but its about a change that hits melee adventurers (or ma docs...) very hard.

true
    but @ least we CAN!

and nano resist helps alot!
    last time i (lvl 144 fixer) PVPed a lvl 174 MA with maxed nano resist. every 5th attamp to root him hit. so nano resist works pretty well. later my nanopool was empty.

i havent tested the unsnare/unroot nanos yet so i have no clue if its usefull or not but ... lets test it first. they still can remove it.

like it happens to y beloved pet casting mobs in mission.
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,
    real power is something u take

fear my lockpick ... plz?

btw ... get rid of ur illusion taht u can kill EVERYTHING in game.
    every1 gots his opponent he cant beat.
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,

ok ... i just hit beta server and tested teh deroot kits

it has a 5 sec recharge time ... so every1 happy now????
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,

Originally posted by Snublefot
    Cemetarygate: You get root shortening stims for that will save you the 5 minute looking at the wall experience. Also there is still a chance to break roots at lower levels (well if the mob didnt cast a Ubernano) using debuffs.
    Thank you for that information. I feel much better now.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaarrgh u drive me crazy!!!!!

roots/snare
    1. can be broken by using anti root kist found if every shop (usinf FA)
    2. can be broken by soem profession with a nano that need 10 secs to cast and just reduces time of a root/snare. so u may need a few times to get rid of it.
    3. enforces have a nano to get rid of it. they allways had. dunno how its named but its the thingy which makes u fast.
    4. have u ever thought about nano resist? this skil is ment to block every incoming hostile nano

whine cry ... duh im so sick of taht.
    READ THE DAM PATCH NOTES BEFORE U START CRYING
    We did read the patch notes. Found the following items referring to roots/snares.

"Hitting yourself with an offensive nano program to remove hostile nano programs from your NCU no longer works."
    "Several items to get rid of enemy nano programs (e.g. root and snare) running in your NCU have been added."
    "Several lines of programs for battling roots and snares have been added. The professions gaining these are Agent, Bureaucrat, Fixer, Nano Technician and Trader. Bureaucrats, Engineers and Meta Physicists also get such programs for use on their pets only."

Within these notes, no where does anything specifically state we ~all~ would have access to stims for roots/snares.

All of us are not lucky enough to have access to test site patch note information (i.e. beta testers), and not all of us are lucky enough to browse through the 14.7 database.

If there is more detailed patch notes, that you have somehow gained access to, that the rest of us have missed, please point us in the right direction?

Within these notes, no where does anything specifically state we ~all~ would have access to stims for roots/snares.
    normaly patchnotes for proffesion items sound liek these
    "agents get a new item to get rid of attacking mobs. ..."
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,

Achmed20: You have noticed that NW is about Towers and 14.7 is about NW right?

Sooo while I don't expect to kill anyone in 1vs1 PvP, I do expect to participate in Tower battles. I'm not the one walking up to a MA 24 levels and a titlelevel above you and expect to win. Huh?

Understand one thing. If I want to hit anything as melee, I have to get within range. How far can you run in 5 seconds? Probably far enough to chain a new set of roots. Also understand another thing Acmed20, to me *you* are the whiner here. Details about the root breaking stuff where not in the patch notes where they? Have you seen any *official* posts on them? I'll be testing those breakers very carefully today...

WI

...To allow mesmerise nanos to be somewhat useful in PvP they will now also debuff the initiatives of the target at the same time. Of course, if the mesmerise is broken by an attack, the initiative debuff will go away at the same time.
    Will have not much effect for NT and Crat (still very welcome however), BUT

This will make Traders even more unbalancing prof in PvP. They will have much more time to land debuff on you.
    The problem is what Mezz will break at first attack, but have only very small chance to break at debuff. So most advantage will recive heavily debuffing profs - and we have only 1 in a game with roots. Trader.

jeah im the whiner ^^
    ok ... i got a bit mad i know. but its allways the same. they only proffs who realy have to whine r NT's.

for my PVP. i HATE pvp. i dotn do it often and i didnt expect to win aggain the MA. well i maybe did if i would have been ganked ^^.
    i was just bored and went to MMD and see how gimped i am

and ... as i allready posted. nano resist allways worked some how! doesnt protect u 100% but it does. what i also posted was, that the deroot kits have a 5 sec recharge time.

the standard debuffs never realy ment to be able to break roots. it was a bug first, but since there were no other ways to get rid of roots/snares, fc let them in.

now u dont have debuffs, u have deroot kits, then some proffs have nanos (which somehow suck).

everything beside the 5sec recharge time was in patchnotes.
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,

Understand one thing. If I want to hit anything as melee, I have to get within range. How far can you run in 5 seconds?
    Not to mention what most non-melee users seem to not fully understand, is that melee has two checks in combat. Hit or miss (evade close) and parry, and melee specials can also be parried. So even if someone manages to get into melee range, they aren't necessarily able to hit with anything.

220 Wiseguy - Bureaucrat

Will the crat AR pet buffs affect charmed pets in addition to our bots?

Scorus

how many people do u know who raises parry? tahst just a few 150+ chars cause they can afford.
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,

Achemd20: Your countering your own argument. Why raise NR? Its dark blue and nearly never works... And if you havn't noticed, there is a lot of nice parry shields around...

Re: 14.7.1 : Nano changes

Hey, I love what I read !

I hope that the pet buffing nanos will buff (among other things) the Run Speed of the pets, so that they stand a chance to effectively hit other players.

Originally posted by Cz
    To allow mesmerise nanos to be somewhat useful in PvP they will now also debuff the initiatives of the target at the same time. Of course, if the mesmerise is broken by an attack, the initiative debuff will go away at the same time.
    OK here I'm totally lost. Debuffing Init is a viable alternative to be able to use Mezz in PvP. Well, of course it will have to be something completly different of the pathetic Red Tape line of Crats nanos.

But...

What I don't understand is why we would like to debuff the Init of an opponent, if the first attack will cancel this debuff ? What is the point ? Debuffing Init is interesting if you fight the opponent, if you don't attack him he can just have 3000 pts in Init, it won't bother me.

Care to Explain Cz ?
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

jeah im the whiner ^^
    ok ... i got a bit mad i know. but its allways the same. they only proffs who realy have to whine r NT's.

for my PVP. i HATE pvp. i dotn do it often and i didnt expect to win aggain the MA. well i maybe did if i would have been ganked ^^.
    i was just bored and went to MMD and see how gimped i am
    You're going to have more than a few engineers disagreeing with your first statement.

As to the second, you must be playing a different game. A fixer can easily beat an MA in PvP. With the crit nerf, an MA cannot even keep up in damage output to a fixer's HoTs, much less trying to heal himself from Manex damage at the same time.

edit- I'm assuming you know all about the root 'n shoot technique already, but if MA's are beating you as a fixer, maybe you don't.
    Last edited by Waffen; Nov 20th, 2002 at 16:34:58.

220 Wiseguy - Bureaucrat

Achemd20: Your countering your own argument. Why raise NR? Its dark blue and nearly never works... And if you havn't noticed, there is a lot of nice parry shields around...
    huh???
    i did? where? with the parry comment? why should u use parry? i dont like the shieds, the 5 min lock sux too and it just shields for 1 type of damage.

what teh heck do u want from me??? NO PROFFESION IS UEBER!!!
    realize that :P
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,

Engineers, Bureaucrats and Meta Physicists have received pet buffs which increase the pets' attack rating. Each of these professions has their own nano line for this
    And WOOT for that
    Aguitha, Engineer
    Cratisha, Bureaucrat

When this change hits live, everyone will wish it hadent, and cry nerf. As for me, I wont be PvPing (Snares/Roots)

~sky
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast