Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 14.7.1 : Nano changes

Post Hmm....

First, I question this:

...To allow mesmerise nanos to be somewhat useful in PvP they will now also debuff the initiatives of the target at the same time. Of course, if the mesmerise is broken by an attack, the initiative debuff will go away at the same time.

What is the point of affecting initiatives since they only come into play if the mezzed player was able to do something or did I miss something elsewhere in the notes?

Now, for my real complaint:

As a melee Adventurer (now retired due to being completely left out of the story line due to being a target by every rooting class in the game), roots don't need to be made more powerful. I understand the comments from NT's that they would be Rider fodder if they couldn't root. As it is, the tables are turned. The unfairness has just changed classes in this regard because I have 0 chance against a rooting class.

As it is, any rooter can take me out using only the ability to kite:

From a distance, the root_class roots me. I spend a few seconds trying to break the root. During this time the rooter is pounding away on me. When the root finally breaks, I am rooted again. Rooter runs to the extent of weapon range and starts shooting again. In no time, I am out of nano due to healing, my health bar is low and the rooter no longer needs to worry about rooting me, unless I try to run at this point. If you can root 3 or 4 times in the above scenario, I will be dead or so close you won't have to worry about rooting again.

Roots do not break when I am attacked. There is no way for me to guarantee being able to break a root within a reasonable time as soon as I am rooted. The end result is I will spend a lot of time rooted and at a distance.

I find it interesting that the classes getting the special root break nanos are the ones who (I think all of them anyway) have roots in the first place. That's just great. Give the root break items to ranged classes who have the ability to root. I am hanging up my Riders and going with my Bureaucrat or Agent. I will play them both for a while longer and see which I like the most.

Oh, please no one flame back with a bunch of numbers/comments from the notes calling me a whiner. Numbers in this game don't always equate to live play. I play a melee Adventurer and have been root killed just like I described above. I can be killed in that manner without ever landing a blow until the rooter thinks it is safe to allow me to close.

Someone mentioned a rock paper scissors schema where each class has a feared class. Who fears a melee Adventurer? Who should a melee Adventurer be wary of? The numbers don't even balance and overpowering roots are a major part of that.

Root is insta and can be chained. Fix that problem, along with making NR viable (in my 30's it worked sporadically but since then the rooter's nano skills far surpass my nano resist due to color so even implanted to the hilt I rarely resist anything) and a melee Adventurer might be able to enjoy (not win every time just enjoy) PvP
    again.

Skara

yeah, rage breaks every single root i've ever been caught with, even from lvl 200 players. which rage are you using? time for an upgrade probably lol

/Aka

Originally posted by Darkbane

Then you are running a different Rage from me. It either breaks the root/snare/other combat nano on casting or it doesn't.

I could argue that the NCU limit could be a bit higher on the different versions, but, other than that...
    Akarah, Akarawr, Badunkadunk, Betresh, Donnar, Fivehands,
    Flugtag, Fral, Frieka, Geffy, Gefjun, Gefster, Gefz, Molebat...
    and a few more...

Advisor of Synergy Factor

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456