Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 14.7.1 : GUI changes

Originally posted by Vyker

The concept of AoE (Area of Effect) blind nano's is lost on you isn't it? How is a teammate that is also blinding with me, being AoE nuked and unable to see which way to run for cover or attack the person casting to begin with going to help me? They're not. I'll just see more team "EVAC US"
    Yes of course it is lost on me. Good thing you are here to set me straight. I only use it after all. That it :

- Can be resisted
    - At one point was nerfed to have a limited number of targets it can affect
    - Affects an AREA around a TARGET ( not the whole zone )
    - Does not prevent you from attacking

...are of course nothing in face of the fact that you can now experience some slight difficulties instead of mowing us down with hardly any resistance.

I stand corrected...? Maybe not.
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

God I hope they don't make this so you can just turn it back off under the options screen just because some people whine "It ruins my gameplay!". Like people are saying there are ways around it people I mean like Evilspork said USE YOUR MAP. I'm hoping you are using all the pretty map upgrades and can see all those little dots on there that represent people and yourself and can aim yourself away from those pretty dots and run away or maybe type /macro Follow /follow then you tab until you find that pesky little nt or whatever that blinded you hit that macro let it pull you towards them, then once they get in range wipe them out. Or and here's the real kicker just don't PvP and then it won't affect you at all.

One of the changes I do hope they make sooner or later is make people charmable in PvP. You charm a person they act like a pet /pet attack /pet follow /pet wallhump all the usual commands work. If you want to balance it out make it kind of like Trader charms where when you charm somebody else you can't move but make it so if you hit/shoot/hurt the charmer the charm is broken and the charmee is freed. Will make it rarely used more then likely but it will at least make a whole line of spells useful in PvP.

GOD DAMMIT DEACON, LEAVE THAT POOR COUCH ALONE!!!

Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Suggestion

Easy, simple and even to some extent a little stupid.
    A reload button.
    It can look stupid the first time you hear about it, but give it some thought and realise it'll help classes who use FA, or even the on that do not.
    Having to manualy reload before each duel so your twink damage does not suffer from the few seconds of reloading is a pain !

BLINDED? I THINK NOT!

FC announces that they have implemented a blind that effectively blinds you, this makes me wonder why i can still see when im blinded then?
    Due to the dark environment on RK and the fact of the dense blackness at night i have my brightness on my monitor turned up a fair bit, i noticed that i could just barely make out something on the screen when i was blinded, so i tried turning up my brightness even further, and tadaa - i can see again. It's still dark, i admit that, but the fact that you can make out doors, structures, GRID TERM, really can save your life. I don't know if funcom is aware of this, but if they are serious about blinding us, they should use a layer that was completely black instead of turning the gamma down ( which i believe is what they are doing now ).

So, if you want to see when blinded, keep that finger on the brightness controll of your monitor ;P
    Pride of Rubi-Ka 1 ™
    Member of Punk

Can I get a what what!?

Re: BLINDED? I THINK NOT!

Originally posted by Bitsize
    ...instead of turning the gamma down ( which i believe is what they are doing now ).
    And if that IS what they're doing, then why is it impossible to make a slider to make gamma go UP because of the design of the game, according to Funcom?
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123