Thread: Take the servers down with no notice?

Take the servers down with no notice?

I can't believe how stupid you guys at FC are. Send out a message saying you're taking the server down for 10 mins because of SoM and don't give anyone time to get to a safe area first.

All other MMORPG give at least a 5 to 10 minutes warning before taking a server down. Its bad enough the server had problems with dropping everyone offline all Sunday evening and the you guys turn around and do it purposely with a 30 second warning!!!

Its no wonder why so many ppl are leaving this game with idiotic moves like that.
    Marquis "Clearspirit" Pillot
    RK2 Omni Inter-Op

Lorriane "Arosabir" Cratty
    Wanna-be merchant @ Harry's Outpost!

"I was born in the dark but it wasn't last night..."

Actually they said they were taking the server down IN 10 minutes not FOR 10 minutes.

Then a few mins later they said they'd take it down in 8 minutes and they didn't how long it would be down.

Some zones were crashing over and over and over, which is why they took it down. It was probably one of those zone crashes that hit you right after the 10 minute warning.
    Last edited by Nianna; Jan 14th, 2002 at 08:11:52.

Could have been. I was in the middle of a fight and just barely got to read the message before I was thrown off the server again. If thats the case then I apologize for my previous post. But you would think if they spam us about the amnesty and entering and exiting the grid they could spam something as important as that.
    Marquis "Clearspirit" Pillot
    RK2 Omni Inter-Op

Lorriane "Arosabir" Cratty
    Wanna-be merchant @ Harry's Outpost!

"I was born in the dark but it wasn't last night..."