Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beam vs Hammer

Post Beam vs Hammer

There was a post a while ago that claimed Beams were bad up till you could equip a ql 150. Im currently a hammer wielder, but i'm considering using a Beam.

Any of you have any experience with this?
    Cyrus "Othar" Peak

"The Honored Guard, Serving with Pride, Prejudice and Patience." - Justsabi

Alamut

"My body is my Temple."

Well, I have like a QL30 beam and I have fun just swinging the thing around. Then again I did a mission so far away that I tipped 2k to get a sparrow flight and run buff to survive the trip just to get a banjo that I could hit things with. I wish it would TWANG with it landed, but oh well.

Anyway, swing what makes you happy, as long as it bruises. If you swing it hard enough it will even draw blood.

I did not read the post that you are referring to. I might be interested in seeing it. I just know that I hate waiting for that hammer to hit again after each whack, and if multiple mobs are hitting you the game seems to make it very difficult to switch targets and start attacking number two after number one bites the dust. This problem is more annoying with a very long delay weapon like the hammer. Maybe I am just not doing it right. /shrug
    Zilo, Clan enforcer RK1

Talking

I got myself a banjo too just the other day. Didnt have to run far for it though (Omni Trade). Wanna start a band?
    Cyrus "Othar" Peak

"The Honored Guard, Serving with Pride, Prejudice and Patience." - Justsabi

Alamut

"My body is my Temple."

Hammer and Beams damages are very consistent.
    Beams have for me 3 advantages :

1) They hit faster and thus avoid the very low hit that you have from time to time with Hammer ;
    2) Raising your melee init will help you out more with them than with an Hammer because of the Hammer's slow recharge time ;
    3) They crit very nicely and having SG cast on you will really enhance the weapon in a very noticeable way.

And as you know the fact that they hit under Duck Explo helps a lot in PvP.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

THATS EASY

beams are for pvp
    hammers are pvm....

simple no?

a burning 2x4 doing explosive fire damage would outdamage a beam any day.

---

why hasn't FC fixed NTs yet? for the love of sanity FC, stop alienating your player base like this.

oy, got carried away there. sorry.

Band

I am up for a music night with my banjo. I think a row of Atrox enforcers with banjos playing old-timey music that was dug out of some old trunk carried from Earth to Rubi-Ka would be great! Now they need to add some more dance step socials that will allow contra dancing or square dancing.

I had really, really hoped that it would make noise when bashing leet heads. Maybe I will see about getting that added to Funcom's wish list.
    Zilo, Clan enforcer RK1

hm...

THATS EASY

beams are for pvp
    hammers are pvm....

simple no?
    hmm... not really

im level 61 carrying a level 200 hammer. i use to carry a level 165 beam.. cause u know how its harder to equip beams ( no use to explain more here). Anyways. if i didn't crit with my beam, it really hurt... the fight would last too long, and by then my flurry of blows would die off.

with my hammer i usually crit more often and my non-crits are still quite powerful. usually when i use flurry of blows i tend to crit lots more with a hammer than the beam i used.

But then again.. we aer talking "low" levels here.. level 60ish and lower.

once i hit the 80's im going beam again. 1) b/c my 200 hammer will be old, and 2 b/c nobody invests in duck at that level

p.s.
    And if u think beams are faster than my hammmer.. come duel me. ill show u how fast my hammer swings

^_^

level 61 Breaku Apprentice

Breaku when getting closer to the requ of your weapon when u use it, u will see more crits happen. Then the beauty of the Beam will be revealed to you.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

aye i agree... i guess that goes with what i was saying.. after 80.. beam = good

dam u replied 2 mins after i posted or so... don't u work?
    lol

/me pokes gummi

I use my 130 beam for pvm and pvp and at lvl79 I can self buff into. Yes I could get a wrangle and get into a higher one but after doing that with hammers and beams I got tired of the miss hits. And I do not care how uber twinked you are a hammer is slower than a beam. And when you are tanking for a small guild like mine it gets old to have the mobs attacking our soldier because he is shooting faster than the hammer. With the beam np. Not to mention how fast you can pull off of one target and start on the next. The hammer takes forever. And to the first person that says I should have a higher lvl beam, I thank you for offering to provide me with armor and implants.
    SkankModeous

TavelingOMNILoveMachine.InC
    (Dealing Death On A Corporate Level)

so you're saying NTs are not as bad off as fixers?

/petition Ban Thyrra

it is all about inits, if you have high inits (and use rage and focused anger and FOB) then beam is superior.

Can you say 1/1 timers? hands down the best. If you DONT have inits stay with the hammer.

I think in another thread it was estimated that you need 1300-1500 inits for 1/1, but with full agro being -600 to that you only need 900ish. 1.5/.1.5 aint bad either at 600ish
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Like i said, you think your beam is faster than my hammer ? Lets pvp, dont have to go to the finish... then u can come back up on the forum here and either
    A) be all kocky cause your right

or

B) Cry about it all the way home that u equiped a beam instead of a hammer.

What im trying to say is, I know what works for me, i know how to swing the fastest possible, and i know i can beat you if you havea beam and i havea hammer at level 60ish and lower.

- don't think so ? prove it!

exactly sure at 61 you got a 180 (whatever lvl it was) beam on but your no where near the requirements, sure you hit DAMN hard, but how often do you hit.... the day you self equip that baby you will see damage out-put outta your arse

and cub, ... dont s**t talk, no one listens to that kind of bs

don't bring the fixers into this, now.

---

FC fix weapon viability so i can see the effects of a high init again without a stop watch. why must you make the mobs suffer so much by making them have to wait longer for me to kill them. its inhumane.

I ain't s#!t talking... im trying to prove a point.

And I do not care how uber twinked you are a hammer is slower than a beam.
    ... that was posted after my comment. so thats why i had to repeat myself with a little more "spunk".

and...

sure you hit DAMN hard, but how often do you hit....
    i rarelly miss.. i actually don't rmember the last time i swung and missed.

Iceman109 what level are you? why not test your theory?

simple math

hammer 2.5/7.0 = 9.5

beam 3.5/2.5 = 6.0

3.5 seconds different BUT when you cap your beam speed it looks more like this.

hammer 1/4.5 (same speed as the 1/1 beam) = 5.5

beam 1/1 =2

still 3.5 second difference, but at that point beam is definitely better.

at low levels I say hammer is the way to go

Now there are ways to bug your inits out there, if your bugging your init then hammer is hands down the best every time no matter what. The reason is that hammer crits more often (crits/swings) than the beam. Dont ask me why, I dont know, one of those little "secrets" that they dont tell us.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast