Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Farewell to AO from Dovve

I'm very sorry to see you go, but I happy that you have found the strength to take this action if it is what you feel you need. Anyone with the creativity and talent that you have shown shouldn't have any problems rebuilding their real world.
    Best wishes!
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa
    Solitus Neutral Engineer & Pet

/me salutes Dovve for his great controbution to AO

*sniff* The skin was beautiful*snif*

Good Luck
    Randa "Lesentia" Forejt

Whisper's Edge

"Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill..."
    -Cypher, The Matrix

Your work has touched more people than you know. I am certianly greatful.
    So a big thank you for your wonderful maps, you will be missed around Rubi-Ka.

I too suffer from a similar illness and I wish you all the best in your battle for recovery.
    MP Deity Mike "Platy" Theplatypus

Be careful when you wrestle with monsters, lest you thereby become one. For, if you stare long into the abyss, the abyss also stares into you.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

You map will be staying put to remind me of the great work people do for others, Dovve.

Best wishes for you recovery. Although real life may seem bitterly pointless sometimes, and brilliantly, overpowering fantastic other times, the majority of it is just plain ok - which actually is pretty nice.

Take care,

Smen

Best of luck to you Dovve, I know those types of issues are very hard to work with. ( I was a manic depressive myself ) so I wish you the best of luck with your trials and tribulations. THank you for your hard work and dedication to the user base.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Originally posted by Jynne
    Peace, you have been one of my dearest friends since I started here. I don't know if you'll read this... and it is a little superfluous since we've already said our goodbyes. But, I feel I should write something, if only so that all the people who never met you, and only know you through the map, will know how treasured a friend you were to the people who did.

To be honest, though... words fail me. I have been trying to post here for some time, and each time, I delete it as unworthy. There is nothing I can say that will do justice to how grateful I am to have known you. You have taught me to see the world in different and more contemplative ways, and you've shown me how to find joy in helping others. Your example is, and has been, an inspiration.

In short, you are a hero, my friend... not for AO, not for your map, but for your kindness, your selflessness, and your wisdom.

May God speed you on your way to health and happiness.

And keep in touch with my email, dangit

Peace,

I suffer the same as Jynne does in her post to you and your farewell. I keep deleting everything I write down as my farewell to you. I keep wondering how words from me will make any difference, or how to get them out, or how to express the deep sense of loss I feel and have felt since I found out about your condition and decision to leave.

I suppose the loss I feel can be described in one instance. I take my lower level char into the subway for the first time and cry when I see you everywhere. I miss you so much. I miss our talks, our times spent together in teams or helping you with your map and skins. Discussions of Tao and Zen, talks of real things, chat lines of pixels behind a screen of glass that I will treasure forever. I hope you know how much you meant to me here, and how much you still do and always will. Jynne once told me that friendship between you would exist until forever and beyond. You've made me feel the same way. As much as I never wanted to see you leave, it's something you must do. Email is where we stand now, and perhaps it may help me in not spending so much time in game.

I truly don't think I know how to deal with knowing you won't be there if I want to shoot off a quick hello, or go talk at the medusa temple, or even just be. I'll move forward and keep you in my heart how I can, and perhaps I will visit as we talked of. I'd love to see you well, and not keep a picture of you in my mind as one that had to leave for personal reasons that I hope to never discover.

You'll be missed by most as a wonderful contributor to the game world of AO. You'll be missed by many as a wonderful person, deserving of better. You'll be deeply missed by me as one of my best friends and inspirations. Someone who made me look inside and make changes in myself for the better. Someone who gave me a cup of reality coffee when needed. Someone who could make me smile when I didn't want to. Someone who was and is the most honest, up front, and completely aware of themselves person I have ever met or ever will have the honour of calling my friend. I love you Peace *crying*

I didn't petition to have it removed...I smile when I don't see Freshman any longer. I wish you could be here to see me as your life long friend,

Lisa "Fistofpaper" Bliss

p.s. I can still remember when you spoke my sig to me like it was yesterday...I miss you so much =~( I hope you can read this, and please keep in touch with me via email...*hugs you and doesn't let go*
    Lisa "Fistofpaper" Bliss
    200 Killpet Legend, RK1

Natasha "Nursedaou" Evile
    Chief of Stuffed Sturgeons and Healer of Hajk, RK1

Jynne - ... it doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty. Just drink the ****in' water. =p
    Dovve - If you are a poet, when you read the words on this paper, you will see a cloud

Thanks for everything.

- Someone who would have been very lost without your wonderful maps.
    Turchin - Fat Crat member of Illuminati.

What an incredibly brave and courageous post, Dovve.

It is apparent from all that has and will continue to be stated here, that you are a wonderful friend to many, a very gracious aquaintance and a gifted artist.

Look at all these people you have touched here, including myself, in one way or another!

Imagine all that you gave to AO and now imagine all that you will continue to give to those immediately around you!

You have a wonderful gift with affecting those around you positively and it would have been nice to have been able to meet and play with you in game.

I wish you the most luck and truthfully, I am very very excited for what lies ahead for you...An adventure, I am quite sure!!!

You are an inspiration, Dovve
    /hugs

Best Wishes to you!
    Shannon

aka....

Saffle
    Sancerre
    Cinnie
    Maare

~Rubi-Ka 1~
    Last edited by Saffle; Nov 22nd, 2002 at 18:07:15.

<cries> all the best seem to leave

we'll miss ya Dovve
    The Sammich Master is Back!
    Boci - Retired Soldier
    Flashgordun - Smurf in Training
    Mussashi---Boci Reborn---Sword Saint
    xxxxxxxx Keeper Twink of Dewm

Talking

I will miss you Dovve. I see your great work every day and will think about you. I wish you all the best and I hope to see you someday happy and well again.

Amnra
    Bad Fixer
    Non Illegitimus Carborundum Est!

You'll be sorely missed Dovve...your contributions have achieved landmark status.
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor
    Vojoc 220/23 Meta-Physicist
    Bourrepif 218/16 Martial Artist

Dovve,

I've always had the utmost respect for your work--very well done and very professional. You've always presented yourself with graciousness and integrity.

The adage, "What will this mean a hundred years from now?", can be asked. In regards to your AO design work--most importantly, your intent and focus--it is your passion, integrity, and drive that has everlasting meaning and value, and is eternal.

You have a tremendous ability and talent, coupled with an amazing grace. I know you are going to do beautifully, reclaiming your life in the real world. I believe this absolutely.

You are an artist. Embrace the fullness and extremes of perception and expression that is both the blessing and the bane of an artist... and use it for the very best life you can have.

And were it not for the (internet addiction) experiences you've gone through, perhaps your perspective would be different, and your life not as full as it can, and will be.

You will be missed, but you are following the path that you know is right for you...and we send you warm blessings, encouragement, and the best of thoughts for you.

Be well, and take good care of yourself... and most importantly... thank you for being you. *warmest hugs*

TRAVEL TO RUBI-KA
    A website providing maps of Rubi-Ka,
    playfields, Whom-Pah & Grid maps,
    in-game maps, and more.

http://travel.to/rubi-ka

Discover Leety Goodness at:
    http://how.to/leet

It cannot be said of many people that they truly made a whole world better for having lived there, but your work has helped nearly every one of us better enjoy our time on Rubi-Ka. Your work is first class, and probably shames FUNCOM into improving itself. They really should incorporate your wonderful map. I cannot imagine how many hours you must have put into making it.

Yes, being here can be addicting. RL can suffer. But I must say that you were wonderfully productive here, not like so many of the rest of us!

I'm sorry I never got to meet you. Jynne sent me a tell the last time you were at the Cup, but I was just too tired; now, I suppose, I've missed my chance. Rats.

Be well, my almost friend--you will shine wherever you go.

Altaira (aka Rufina)
    Ashes to Ashes!

Unhappy

Your Maps helped me alot, and i'm sorry to see you go
    Best of Luck with the future and i hope your real Llfe issue's get resolved quickly and easely.
    Faizan 216/13 Sol - Omni - Inner circle
    ¤=)===> - <===(=¤
    My type is: SKA
    Socializer 73%
    Killer 66%
    Achiever 40%
    Explorer 20%

Current Equip - Still To Get!

¤=)===> - <===(=¤

With all the love and kupocity i have in my heart, I spoke with Dovve and strive to keep her map updated and available. I am very pleased she made it open source, and I am hosting the masterfiles on my host, she has a link to that on her homepage

http://peacefairchild.tripod.com/

Any updates I do make, willbe available for all if they wish to use them, or make their own and I can host them on a Dovve map page I am constructing.

re: Farewell to AO from Dovve

we will miss you, Dovve...

due to my poor english ability, i cant express all i want... but i'm very happy to see that you could start improving your RL. also i believe w/o a doubt that your bright tomorrow, cuz you are one of a most loved and talented person who impressed so many ppl in Rubi-Ka. this huge thread proves it. i will sit in front of a signboard of "Dovve's Map" and relate your great works to new comers.

take care and best of luck !

Nanoarts/Trdarts/Docarts/Maarts @Rubi-Ka

Trust me, the real world is a better place

Good for you that you move on, we will miss you and thank you for the best GUI and MAP ever!

Best of luck !

Lightbulb There should be a sight in AO for Dovve!

Hi!

I am not AO player for a long time, but without your maps I probably wouldn't playing the game at all....

I always wondered, why those maps are not already part of original game design.

And becouse of thoe all facts I suggest FC builds some kind of a sight somewhere in Rubi-Ka to honour Dovve's effort.

It could be a carved out stone, wall poster, some statue with a plate....A kind of rememberance!

Bye, ALiEN
    OT lvl 23 Engineer

Exclamation

bye dovve and best of luck to you with your personal problems, you were truly one of the great ones.
    ->X<- Proud Advisor of Genesis->X<-
    220/23 Soldier Xscape ->X<- Xscapee Agent 220/22
    Xxdevisxx Engineer 216/15

AO satisfaction level :[████] Content :[]: Discontent

Dovve, NO, i've suffered from this too and your doing it the wrong way............your making too sudden of a change

Go for a walk in the morning, go to the gym, give up smoking, give up drinking, something like this........but don't give up something that gives u joy and creates a better place for your mind to be.

You need to gradually add other activites to your life, before you wake up and use the net, go for a walk......force yourself, make sure you have breakfast...... i.e make yourself feel 'normal' before you get on the computer.

I'm not saying this just because i'll miss someone who has contributed so much to the game, but as someone who has quit all my enjoyable activites hoping it will make me better.....it doesn't!

P.S. and that site is crackpot

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast