Thread: Take it easy - how to recreate

Take it easy - how to recreate

Take it easy is a real pain. Please find some way to fix this bug.

I know that fixing bugs requires recreating them and maybe you've had some difficulty there, so I've gone and figured out exactly how you can get take it easy every time.

To recreate the "Take it easy" bug:

Get a character with a slow, high damage, long range weapon that is likely to kill all the stuff in the newbie backyard in one shot. I used a QL120 S.A. Secure Home Defender on my level 87 Trader character. Walk to somewhere in the middle of the backyard where you can tab and see more than one monster in attack range. Now target one and hit Q to attack. The attack takes awhile to happen, so before it has happened tab to another monster that's within range. As soon as the first shot goes off (which will kill the monster), hit Q to attack another monster. This will give Take it easy nearly every single time.

As you can see this is something that happens a lot in combat if you are fighting multiple targets because you have a tendency to switch targets rapidly when a monster dies and start on another one. The character has a disengage from battle animation and if you try to attack another monster before the disengage animation ends when something dies I think you get take it easy. Please please please I beg you please fix this.

>> . Please please please I beg you please fix this.

I beg them to not "fix" but just rewrite the whole combat system from scratch because it is a programming joke.

I just died again from not being able to heal because the game thinks I'm in a fight when I'm not. An omni cast a DoT on me and I died while watching my health go down reaal slowly, running and jumping around in a despair trying to find a place where it would work to sit down and heal up. Just no response when clicking treatment..... lost 70% of a level, that was 2 hours of work. I'm really quitting this game...

another way to get the take it easy message every time, is to attack a mob and take off with it chasin you (like you would do if you are pullin mobs to a group)...if you go out of attack range while pullin by outrunning the mob a lil, when it comes back into attack range you will now be bugged

This happened to me too.

Just attack the creature and start running away.
    Wait till you get a "Attacked by -NONE-" message.
    Then stop and try to fight the mob

The client won't let you attack. Even your special attacks won't work.

The only fix seems to be either to zone or to log off.

This is especially annoying for tanks who have to do pulling duty. Try explaining to the group why you just pulled a mob and can now do nothing while the doc is getting trashed.

cman & Omnienf, you're correct. This is a major problem when pulling. I've had it numerous times.

The work-around for this bug is to target and attack yourself or a teammate. You will get a message about not being able to attack. Then select the mob you wish to kill.
    $
    ::. Anarchin, OT Fixer, Legion .::

Quote Originally Posted by Lynyah
    The difference is that you dont need a brain to camp things