Thread: NODROPS, yes or no, discuss here:

NODROPS, yes or no, discuss here:

I think there should be NODROPs, i know alot of others disagree. Discuss it here.

The function of NODROPs as i see it, is that its not only how much money you have, which decides whetever you can get a cool item or not.

One example, is my NT friend Wubbit. If gaily painted hood had been tradeable, he could never afford to buy it. But as he met up at camelot and contributed that OMNI got loot, he got it for free, after he won the raffle.

I think the game would been very boring if all items, was tradeable. It would also give to much power to the guys, which has time to camp these mobs/items, and make the difference between the hardcore player and the persons who has less time to enjoy this game bigger.

If there been no nodrop items, i think we would have seen more complaining than we do now, and the community would in overall be more displeased.

However i think the current loot system is FUBAR, for the mobs that take more than one team to kill which drops both NODROP items and other items of interest to the comunity, which i started another thread here in game mechanics to discuss.

YAY for NODROPs

If the Gaily Hood wasn't NODROP, you friend would have had exactly the same amount of chance to get the Hood in raffle. WHy do you figure otherwise?

In fact... if the Gaily Hood wasn't NODROP, all the lazy people with gobs of cash wouldn't need to go to Tara to get it. Less people in raffle = greater chance of getting it.

If you happen to have cash, it also means you don't have to camp to get an item. Less people camping = good.

NODROP tags on long-term spawns (18-hours, for instance) equates to more camping, not less.

-Jayde

Can see it now..

WTS gaily painted hood 500mill ( im beeing nice with the prize)

LOL that would make the economy even bether.. lol

Arrow No, basically

Nodrop and Unique tag have their uses. But I would use them on maybe 5% the items that FC does.

Unique still doesn't work, for all the hassles that it causes players (esp 14.6 screwup) its a big slap in player's faces.
    Last edited by Mercatura; Nov 18th, 2002 at 08:44:28.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things