Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crack down on eBay!

Ehhhhhh

yea i guess your right, i didnt see that part in the EULA....well, i wont be selling stuff when i get good i guess......

But it still harms no one.....your all just saying it will, because you stick to the EULA like a parasite.
    Realplayer actually installs Spyware, and its in their EULA- does that mean it makes sense or helps in any way? no, theres no reason to spy on anyone just because they use your software.
    So my point on that one is, Selling stuff on ebay harms nothing, even if its against the EULA.

Anyways, as long as people have intelligence, there will be ways around selling on ebay. I will probably get in trouble saying the ways i know around selling on ebay in here, but just look at whats being sold and you can figure it out.

ok after all this lame debating, who agrees with me on an AO only auction site, for selling stuff for real money or credits?

Re: Re: You are all lame

Originally posted by JohnSteed

I'm not a poor player, im not a really rich one too. I can buy by mysleff what i want...and i can help friends to buy their amors/weapons/yalm...

Not poor player, poor in real life, i live in a ghetto area, with a run down house. Slowly trying to save money to move out, its hard to pay for bills and the game, but i love it so much.

What I think is the most important part of all this is the point that always gets brought into these discussions. There ARE people(believe it or not) that have LIVES who cant spend hours a day on a game and would much rather play it and have some fun without having to do all that tedious work all the time. Them buying stuff on ebay is a great relief and service for those kinds of people.

I also see ebay as another possible way of trading: PlayerA wants GA4, noone is selling GA4 for creds. PlayerB puts GA4 up for Auction on ebay. PlayerA sells his creds on Ebay. PlayerA bids on PLayerB's GA4. PlayerA pays for GA4 with money from selling creds......It would work alot of different ways but thats just an example. I know alot of people from another game that used to sell the in game currency for that game to pay for a sub to that game, its a win-win situation I think.

I think if you have the money do buy stuff like that, then all the power to ya...
    My Uber L33t Setup Includes:

Blazindro Clan 125 NT

The problem, of course, is that people have even more RL greed than they do in game greed. Ebay leads to item theft - there have been several posts recently on these boards about items scammed/borrowed from players, only to turn up on Ebay. Regardless of if the purchaser has many other real life time commitments, this is not a good thing, for anyone.

Then you have items that are not no drop, but that require multiple teams of people to obtain. Generally, these are awarded on some type of either random or merit basis. I'm not sure how someone with limited real life time constraints would feel if they went to a multi group raid, saw items awarded to someone else, and then discovered them up for ebay auction. I wouldn't think it would sit well, however.

And, anyone that thinks the sale of characters is good has never grouped with a high level character being run by someone that's never played before. It's not a positive experience.

Originally posted by Vydas
    The problem, of course, is that people have even more RL greed than they do in game greed. Ebay leads to item theft - there have been several posts recently on these boards about items scammed/borrowed from players, only to turn up on Ebay. Regardless of if the purchaser has many other real life time commitments, this is not a good thing, for anyone.

Then you have items that are not no drop, but that require multiple teams of people to obtain. Generally, these are awarded on some type of either random or merit basis. I'm not sure how someone with limited real life time constraints would feel if they went to a multi group raid, saw items awarded to someone else, and then discovered them up for ebay auction. I wouldn't think it would sit well, however.
    -- Well, i agree with you here, theft is stupid, and should be punishable, but i dont see any problem with selling credits, and MAYBE accounts. credits affect no one except the buyer and seller, so there shouldnt be any reason why they cant sell credits. But selling accounts is different, there are many sides to that. like 1) Its not much different than giving the account to a friend since your done playing. 2) (like you said)Newbies will get onto it and be so completely lost as to what theyre doing and screw up team missions or just get in the way.

-- Although I would be mad if i saw a rare item looted by someone else that didnt need it, not give it up and then just sell it on ebay, but i dont dwell on that since its not the only one in the game, so i wouldnt care much.

Originally posted by Vydas
    And, anyone that thinks the sale of characters is good has never grouped with a high level character being run by someone that's never played before. It's not a positive experience.
    [/B]
    -- Well, it may not be a positive experience, but you can always kick them out of the team and find somone who isnt a newbie, or help them out since they are new- it only takes a little while to get used to the game, and if they catch on, then youve done other groupers a good deed.

on the other hand, if your not a nice person, you can always inform Funcom about the person so they lose the money they payed for the account along with the account and monthly pay they payed for. Now who likes a person that does something like that?

I had a freind who sold Alot of things on ebay for Asherons Call 1 way back in the day.

He made a few bucks here and there.. the most he made was $800 us for a set of Pre patch GSA.

I think what it comes down to is that there are people with more money then time, and then there are people with more time then money.

you put these 2 together Via Ebay and everyone is happy basically. Still, I don't like the idea of some lvl 190 guy that i used to know and he dosnt remember me at all.

I saw 2 soldiers.. one clan and one omni, that i used to be good freinds with, such good freinds that there is no way they could forget me... that and they did this when i talked to them ^^ kekeke...

thats what i dont like about ebay.. but to each his own. until it gets really out of hand i think that if people want to spend real life cash on a game because it makes them feel better thats ok with me, i mean obviously they are doing ok if they can spend big bling on a game :P
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

super

nothingman, just noticed you had 666 posts, good job, youve hit a special number(not special to me, just saying in general)

just to point out it is also possibly illegal under trademark, copyright, and intellectual property laws. You would have to ask a lawyer to be sure though

Hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Hehe all this discussion led me to read the EULA. And promptly realized probably 1/2 of the players need to be banned.
    2. To play the Game, you must (a) possess an ANARCHY ONLINE game CD-ROM (the "CD-ROM"), which includes software required for the Game (the "Software") (such CD-ROM may be an original or copy thereof)
    So everyone who downloaded the game, you are officially violating the EULA.

and i only got to part 2 of 19. I wonder how many other parts of the EULA i will find which will mean that really 99% of the players should be banned

Not to mention the EULA is damn long at almost 15 thousand characters and one could claim in court it is too long to expect everyone to read it before they accept it. I remember reading a article about that a few months back i believe it was and they were complaining about the length of some TOS/EULAs which were 1/2 the length.

Not to mention the use of CAPS IN THE EULA.
    Last edited by Intrepid; Nov 19th, 2002 at 12:11:17.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Originally posted by Slavor
    maybe provide the ability to sell/trade accounts
    Btw this idea was first on the drawing board if im not mistaken, funcom was going to facilitate a was to sell your characters to others but the idea was later pulled due to the fact that majority of the people disapproved of it.
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

Please read:

Money wipe
    Money wipe
    Money wipe

Say it 3 times fast and it will come true. Money wipe and hard cap of 30 mil. Too many exploited creds, etc. are out there; this is the only way to have a prayer of a decent economy.

A money wipe is not the solution to any problem certainly not eBay.... I would like to see an offical comment on the eBay situation besides Cz saying I have brought it to the attention of customer service....
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Originally posted by Brandon
    A money wipe is not the solution to any problem certainly not eBay.... I would like to see an offical comment on the eBay situation besides Cz saying I have brought it to the attention of customer service....
    I'm telling you. MONEYWIPE!!!!!!!!!!

This is a game, and some ppl who work hard and have few free time, and have muth of money from RL work, and will play fun in free time i think can pay for items.

This is just a game, the RL is very very important not forget.

When any1 will get a special item need kill the 18h spawns Special mobs 5 or more times. And this is just a simple Shades of L. or any other item. This is many many time...

This is mutch of time. I dont know what is good when pay RL money for this items, but this is the easy way when have few time to play.

When any1 sell and any1 will buy item, cant stop the black market. When you have a good idea say, and make! When work, we try disband the police

I think when the FC will stop the black market, need make this items better drop. The Nuget always drop the shades. All 140 Boss drop 1 GA4 disc.
    I now see a A 4 in eBay for 700 dollar.
    Or NERF this items. When have no good and uber items, have no black market.

When have no good items have no FUN. The real players very very fun when found a rare item. I think that make better the gaming.
    I wish to all can say: "I found a GA. "
    I think that is better, and not need say, "i buy a GA for rl money." that is not fun.

I think this is just a FLAME, always have sin, always need police. Can't stop the Crime, we can fight but cant stop.

flame flame flame

{Moderator Edit: Removed E-bay link}
    Last edited by Saberharth (old); Nov 21st, 2002 at 14:08:56.
    --==T@S==--

Gimp forever!

Rubi-Ka2 :
    Proud member of Alpha Omega
    Characters: Toldix/Enf, Liliom/Doc, Almos/Fix, Toldixmp/MP, NToldix/NT, Vazul/MA

heh

Originally posted by Tas
    I now see a GA 4 in eBay for 700 dollar.
    If you read his disclaimer then according to the EULA hes breaking no rules at all.......there will always be ways around it unless FC constantly updates the EULA everytime someone sells.

{Moderator Edit: Removed E-bay link}
    Last edited by Saberharth (old); Nov 21st, 2002 at 14:10:18.

Originally posted by PipBoy
    Please read:

Money wipe
    Money wipe
    Money wipe

Say it 3 times fast and it will come true. Money wipe and hard cap of 30 mil. Too many exploited creds, etc. are out there; this is the only way to have a prayer of a decent economy.
    Oh c'mon ... with NW we will see items that costs more than 30 Millions, how uncool would it be to have a 30 Million cap then ?

Besides, a good blitzer can make about 2 million a day at level 200 I think. So they'd get money fast enough again ... the ones that would get hurt are the ones that are about level 60 and have JUST gotten enough money for a Yalmaha - They would probably quit the game straight out.

FunCom will be so stupid as to wipe all money in the game and have the entire community against them. They might hunt down someone that cheats to get money .. sure ... but not an entire wipe.

Please read:

A money wipe will not happen.

Say it 3 times and you will realize it is true.
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

Re: Crack down on eBay!

Originally posted by Brandon
    Crack down on eBay! Please! This is KILLING the economy that and exploiting. EQ has a very strict no eBay policy. Go on eBay or any online auction site. No EQ accounts or items or platinum. Do what they did however they did it. For the sake of the economy.
    WTF do you care about economy? You sell bags of lockpicks to unsuspecting buyers for 10.5 mil.!! Then laugh about it after.

ppl like you make me sicker than ebayers im afraid to say.

Re: heh

Originally posted by ZazeDrakel

If you read his disclaimer then according to the EULA hes breaking no rules at all.......there will always be ways around it unless FC constantly updates the EULA everytime someone sells.
    Heh, like that disclaimer means *anything*. It states he is only selling his time, despite the fact that the auction is for a GA4 nano crystal - slight contradiction there for a start.

"You may not sell or auction any Funcom characters, items, coin or copyrighted material." - Think a GA4 nano crystal falls under the 'item' category there. Remember, you do not own your character, any of its equipment or money. Funcom does. You mearly pay for the privilege of 'leasing' that character and its equipment and accessing Funcom's servers.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Talking wroooom!!!

why buy creds for real cash, when u can buy a jet powered go kart?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1873156586
    Susano-oh: can you tell us the damage hierarchy - ie who are supposed to be the top damage dealers.
    blackmane - It goes roughly in this order: NT (nukes), agent, MA (fist), shade, adventuer/soldier, keeper

Marius: But the nano casting animation bug ofcourse has a high priority. (Feb 21st, 2004)

Fronteria: NT's shouldnt be nr1 dmg, because you dont need skills to press one button to nuke.
    There are always someone who work harder and do better than others with the same tools.

My take on it

I happen to feel that the character you create and the items and credits you obtain are yours to sell if you wish. It's just like any thing else that you put your time and creativity into. If you used Microsoft Word to write a book, should that book be property of Microsoft and should you not be allowed to sell it. If you created a work of art in Adobe Photoshop should you not be able to sell it? Would it be cheating if somone else bought your painting and displayed it proudly in thier home? I guess they should have to draw their own artwork and buying it from me should not be an option. Why is the virtual property that you create using Anarchy Online software any different than the virtual property you create with any other piece of software?
    Thromp Uber Soldat (hehe ok uber for 80 seconds )
    Threefitty UberSquishy NanoTech

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast