Thread: Inventory Insurance

Inventory Insurance

I've been hearing of more and more high-level people who have had their whole inventories just "disappear". And, to make the situation unbearable for them, the GMs can't really do much to help out!

So, to fix this solution, my proposal is as follows:

Create an "Inventory Insurance Terminal". Make it very expensive to obtain; perhaps 10k credits per level or something ( amounts to 2 mil at level 200).

How would it work? When the insurance terminal scans the inventory (AND BANK) contents, it makes a copy of all the items. Or, perhaps insurance must be obtained individually for each item.
    I imagine everything in a player's inventory has a unique ITEM_ID # or the like (which stays the same regardless of who is in posession of the item), which would be the basis of the insurance.

So, when a user comes to the Insurance Terminal to report a loss, the Terminal would scan the active item database to see if it exists. This should prevent exploits. If the item no longer exists in game, then it would be restored to the player, for a fee! If there's a problem with the restoration, an ARK could be petitioned, and at least they'd have an easier way to track down the issue.

Thoughts?
    Born on: Wed Jun 27 15:39:10 2001
    Slavor, Soldier, RK1

Its a cool idea, but the problem is that your inventory and bank is already supposed to be secure. The guarantor of that is Funcom. Your suggestion still keeps Funcom as the guarantor, but now costs money. Why do you feel that you'd have higher security of items just because you've paid money if the original guarantee is so easily forfeit?