Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ETA on guild houses?

Question ETA on guild houses?

so ... do we ever get our guild houeses?
    i mean ... we get towers, but we still dont have NE places were just can realx, have a little beer and have smalltalk.

whats a guild without a house???
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,
    real power is something u take

fear my lockpick ... plz?

I know mine, and many other guilds, at least clan guilds, have a kind of guild house, but it's more one of the empty buildings that are scattered all over clan areas in Tir, Athen and WA. It's our office we use for a lot of things.

But yea we would much rather love to have a nice big guild house .

I am, as some may know, always optimistic. There are a LOT of things that are comming with 14.7 and the booster pack that we don't know about, besides just towers and vehicles. I'm not testing it myself (although I'm perplexed as to why not), I've heard rumors of some interesting new additions. Nothing specific though, but like I said, I'm always optimistic, maybe guild houses is one of them .
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

As I know(and as I see the screenshots), the Guild Houses comes with the Shadowlands expansion...
    100% Pure Gimp™!!!
    Eunike, a level 206 Trader,
    Machiaveli - a level 215 Bureaucrat(Teh Fun!!!)

Member of the Alpha Omega
    -- Currle:..all there well be too do is sit in the sun and Drink way too much Beer.

Smile Hmmm....

What screenshots? I've never seen any screenshots of guild houses. Can you post a link?
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

in shadowlands??
    lol ... 1 year promised feature and we have to pay aggain for that. well . if shadowlands is available, ill play eve online (i hope )
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,

Wednsday is 14.7

I suppose guild houses is your tower. I really hope they make like towers a zone to inside that would be soooo roxxor.
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Smile Hmmm....

Many of us have been hoping for this. A designer was asked about this in a live GSP phone interview, and he said that you WILL NOT be able to zone into your towers. Its not a guild house. I wish it was, but it is't.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

Talking

If you want guild houses come join us @ Neocron, you get a huge clan apartment, complete with cupboards to place stuff, and a citycom terminal to access in game forum, emails, missions, clan info, player info and which clan owns which outpost..

A proper guild system, not just a chat channel.

Even though Neocron is DIRECT competition for AO and it sounds interesting. I'll wait for about six months to give it a try. Thanks for debugging it for me.
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

You know, this is the ONE thing that has me keeping an eye out for another potential mmorpg to sink my money into instead of AO. As I said in another thread, AO needs more work in the social department. A LOT more work.

Guild housing would go a long, long, long, long way towards solidifying the community and making the game loads more enjoyable.

[Lorekeep] When can we expect Guild Houses? They can work like apartments that the Leader and all members have a key to, and would be a custom area that a Clan can go to Any person who has a key can enter, and a Leader can generate these keys Also, only people who are in the Clan can enter unless grouped with a member It's a thought really, and isn't that far a deviation from the Apartment system in place now

[gaute] First we are redoing the clan-code You will see that in the next patch We had to have that in place, before we are moving on the guild houses. You will get them! I have written a design that includes some of the features you suggest I will tell you my email, so that I can take a look at your suggestions (which seems very good) and see what we can do As to when, that is tough to promise I guess sometime on the newyear, but I realize many. The ability to buy and sell your own apartments I guess will be bundled with the guild houses, but Ill talk to the programmers bout that
    http://ao.stratics.com/content/commu...1_4_2001.shtml

*sigh*

As enjoyable as I often find AO, it could have been soooo much more if the designers had done even half what they'd promised back last year.

hehe guild housing? think they planned that for patch 11.8 or something then a certain instant death while zoning bug took over thier time
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

I have my fingers crossed that organization housing (or housing in general) and/or player-controlled shops make it into the game during the next several months. The social aspect of neocron does sound interesting, although I don't have time to check it out. :/ Hopefully a few people from Funcom have checked it out and will "Microsoft" those ideas.
    Born on: Wed Jun 27 15:39:10 2001
    Slavor, Soldier, RK1

Want a Org house with keys, Take the following Steps:
    ==============================================
    Make a noober alt

Level to level 2

Escape Back yard

Log off noober.

Log on main.

Roll mission in a good location.(team or solo, any Ql, any Location, any type(though i stick to the ones in the city with a buildingesk feel to them))

Get gulid to help clear a mission, or do it solo if you can

clear mission BUT DONT complete it yet.

Dupe Mission key

Place Duped Mission Key in a Bag

Place Bag in Bank

Close bank

Give Noober alt TWO copies of the mission key.

Place one copy of the mission key in a bag.

Place Bag in bank

Move noober into mission zone with the other Key

log noober out INSIDE the missions Start room.

Now complete the mission with main.

Original Mission key will dissappear from your inventory.

Now run to bank and get that bag out and look inside if you luckey the key is still there.

Try and re-enter the mission zone.

If it works the mission zone should stick around indeffinatly.

Why does this work.....

Well The AO server can not delete a zone unless all player characters are no longer in it.
    So if you stick a noober alt in the mission zone, then the ao servers see this and can not remove the zone.
    some one(either ark or gm) has to go on and move your character out of the zone before the system can remove it from the game.

How do i know.... a little ark told me... dam there lose lips....

Alternatively Prior to the uhm i think it was 14.3 patch, when mission keys where not removing them selfs. well the mission zones connected to the keys were not removing them selfs either.

SO, if you happen to keep the key around then you should still be able to re-enter the mission zone. I found 4 such zones with dupeable keys prior to the fix i gave copies to of the keys to every one in my guild when i was the leader of the Omni-Tribunal.

To this Day those mission keys/zones STILL WORK and are STILL ACTIVE. these are like 6month old mission zones.

WARNING: My arkly ex-contact(whom is no longer employeed at my place of buissness so i cant get any more arkly info from him) warns me that doing this may cause invalid items to appear on your character and could only be removed Via Ark/Gm help.

But like i said 6mo no bugs .... yet......
    In case your wondering NO chest/mobs do NOT respawn.
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

Originally posted by Xyberviri
    Want a Org house with keys, Take the following Steps:
    Make a noober alt

Level to level 2

Escape Back yard

Log off noober.

Log on main.

Roll mission in a good location.(team or solo, any Ql, any Location, any type(though i stick to the ones in the city with a buildingesk feel to them))

Get gulid to help clear a mission, or do it solo if you can

clear mission BUT DONT complete it yet.

Dupe Mission key

Place Duped Mission Key in a Bag

Place Bag in Bank

Close bank

Give Noober alt TWO copies of the mission key.

Place one copy of the mission key in a bag.

Place Bag in bank

Move noober into mission zone with the other Key

log noober out INSIDE the missions Start room.

Now complete the mission with main.

Original Mission key will dissappear from your inventory.

Now run to bank and get that bag out and look inside if you luckey the key is still there.

Try and re-enter the mission zone.

If it works the mission zone should stick around indeffinatly.

Why does this work.....

Well The AO server can not delete a zone unless all player characters are no longer in it.
    So if you stick a noober alt in the mission zone, then the ao servers see this and can not remove the zone.
    some one(either ark or gm) has to go on and move your character out of the zone before the system can remove it from the game.

How do i know.... a little ark told me... dam there lose lips....

Alternatively Prior to the uhm i think it was 14.3 patch, when mission keys where not removing them selfs. well the mission zones connected to the keys were not removing them selfs either.

SO, if you happen to keep the key around then you should still be able to re-enter the mission zone. I found 4 such zones with dupeable keys prior to the fix i gave copies to of the keys to every one in my guild when i was the leader of the Omni-Tribunal.

To this Day those mission keys/zones STILL WORK and are STILL ACTIVE. these are like 6month old mission zones.

WARNING: My arkly ex-contact(whom is no longer employeed at my place of buissness so i cant get any more arkly info from him) warns me that doing this may cause invalid items to appear on your character and could only be removed Via Ark/Gm help.

But like i said 6mo no bugs .... yet......
    In case your wondering NO chest/mobs do NOT respawn.
    Most interesting... *taps lower lip*...

Nope... no longer works... well, I can't get it to work anyway. Believe me, I tried for about four hours. hehe

I have not tried since 14.0, what part of the proccess does not work: The zone staying Valid(IE no "are you using a old key" message), the key staying around, both?

I DO how ever know that the ones i have right now are still around and valid. I visted them yesterday. i was off thought on how long ago i made them, they are currently at 9 months as of the 20th(today)

I really dont see how funcom *can't* create guild houses using the mission system.

Ill double check on and see if i can force a zone to stay around and get back to you all and see what happens.

Edit: I can see that the keys have a temp flagg on them causeing the problem, since they woudl disappear on there own. but the ones i have do NOT have the temp flag on them.....
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

Originally posted by Xyberviri
    I have not tried since 14.0, what part of the proccess does not work: The zone staying Valid(IE no "are you using a old key" message), the key staying around, both?

I DO how ever know that the ones i have right now are still around and valid. I visted them yesterday. i was off thought on how long ago i made them, they are currently at 9 months as of the 20th(today)

I really dont see how funcom *can't* create guild houses using the mission system.

Ill double check on and see if i can force a zone to stay around and get back to you all and see what happens.

Edit: I can see that the keys have a temp flagg on them causeing the problem, since they woudl disappear on there own. but the ones i have do NOT have the temp flag on them.....
    The duped keys remain, but when trying to enter the mission, I get the "old key" and "couldnn't start pf" error. Naturally, when I try and log back in with the noob alt that I originally logged off in the mission with, he's sitting outside.

Was worth a try anyway... and thank's for posting that info.

whats about any official comment?

it cant be that hard to just copy the rompa bar and hand out guildleaders a key (/org getkey) wihch makes every1 able to enter! its same like normal apartments, they r just a bit small for a guild
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast