Thread: Suggestion : (new) Trading system

Suggestion : (new) Trading system

Now ... i'm new around here ( 1'st post ) so this ideea might have arised before ... but i feel it's my duty to post it here ... who knows someday might even become reality... now enough talking in vain i'll just get to the point.

I feel that the trade sytem taht existe today could be much improved ... well in fact if we think about it ... "what trade system ?" a trade window and some trade channels where avre1 can post theyr messages ... ( i wont metion the problems that exists now -> froud , Selling items on E-BAY , they might not be totally corrected by my proposal but they might be reduced )

( yep i'm boringi'll get to the point soon ... in fact NOW )

So i'm proposing a FREE market ... a terminal to drop items in and set a price and a terminal ( some terminals ) where evre1 can buy your items or others items ... that would really represend a big proggress ... you can be off-line and sell that item that you worked sooo hard to get and you dont really need but you know that there is someone out there that REALLY needs it .... but you just cant find he/she on-line with you ...

In fact i propose a place where to store items for evre1 to see and be able to buy them if the price is close to theyr needs ... who knows someday might replace the majority of buy terminals that atre now in shops

Now the last part : problems , solve and the implementation i propose :

1) too many items ....
    i dont know if there is a limit to how many items you can see at a store terminal ... but even if such limit does not exist imagine a buy terminal with 150 unsorted items it wouldnt be fun/ussefull anyomre would it ? ( if number too low try to double it )

So i propose a limit to how many items a person can have on the market , and on how many items there can be on the market at a time. also i propose not one but three terminals in evrey shop that have them. The items should be sort by they time they were addes , the newest ones on top ... this way it should be easyer for a person to see what items were added from the last time he visited the shop. also i suggest that evre shop to have it's own item list/terminals ( eg in tir i see only the items that was droped at a terminal in tir , not the ones from athen ,) more to restrict to the shop they were droped in, and possibile to restrict the ql of items ( eg. only till ql 70 or so in basic shops ).
    Also i suggest a limit to the time an item might be in a store. This will prevent items from being stached in shops forever and making other players impossibile to add new items.

Now the actual limits i'm thinking are 3 items / person and the time limit of 1 or 2 REAL time days ... after this the items should be reposted if there is a free place ... this should give evre1 a fair chance to sell theyr items , also i suggest the limit to be preserved if the player cancel to post the item ( eg if i change my mind and take back one of the 3 items i posted a day ago i should still not be able to post a new item till next day ) This limits shpould encourage the players to post only valuabile items and not junk ... and to set a price close to the market price ...

2) second problem i'm thinking is syncronisation .... what happens to an item that is currentley seen by a 2 players in trade window and one of them tryes to buy it ? what if the second one tryes too ? ( eg i'm seeing an item and meantime another player accesses the same terminal and buys it what happen when i click it ?) i propose a simple locking mechanism ... only a player should be able to access a terminal at a time ( this imposes a new limit a time limit so a person should not block the terminal ... i propose a timelimit of a minute and then a pause of 3 minutes ? ( for theterminal that she/he has accessed , free for other terminals) it's reasonabile i THINK ... ) might be improoved with a more conmplex locking mechanism .... dunno how ... ( hey think .... give suggestions ok ?)

3) Beaware of means of exploitation before implementing the system ( unique items , nodrop items ... ) think of evrething dont give a new method of taking advantages of mistakes )

4) crowd control in shops as they might get crowded .... a person should not stay very long inside shops ... ( this should be related to the future crowd control ) there might implemented an other system to prevent crowding -> a player should not be allowed to post consecutiveley in a shop ..( evrey clan member would like to post in athen or tir right ? )

5) ?? to be discussed .. try to think of somthing and also try to suggest methods of correcting it

-------------

A n other think i must mention here is the possibility to make bids ... i'll be shoprter here ... a player should be able to introduce a starting price , a step for price ( eg price can be rised in steps of 1k for a ql 30 item but for a ql 200 steps of 100k would be more reasonabile) , a timelimit. The buyer should make offers
    ->a click in the shop should represend a rising of money by the step the player that bids should also get a paper trough he can be able to make bids at a later price without accesing the shop , ->the current winner should be inforemd if somone makes a higher offer , and if somone bids the money it bidds should be reserved form he's account ...
    ->if the current winner quits the next person should be informed ( a penalty should be also set eg the quiter should not be able to participate in bids for a time ) this should be done in order to prevent players having fun by rising the bids unjustifyed ... a player should have the possibiklity to change he's mind ... but that should not hapen to often ...
    -> the one thet posted the item should also get feedback from the current status of the bid & shpould be able to terminate the bid if the price is enough.
    ->the timelimit should be interpreted relativley .... after the timelimit has expired the bid should not just terminate suddenly but evre1 bidder should be anounced that the bid is close to end , and time should be prolonged with 1 or 2 minutes after avre supplementary bid ( reason think that in the next second the bid finishes ... and i press the rise button ... i win ... but it would not be too fair would it ? but if the tiome is prolongetd others will get a fair chance)

Well that's about it .. sorry for not being very organised and sorry for spelling/mistakes( i'm not from england/usa)/long paper ....

Waiting for comments ... ( and i dont appreciate short comments like "u're idiot" pls at least give detailed reasons ok ? )

Kavisaz 75'ish agent RK2 , (still) newbie

p.s. while waiting the page to be loaded ( ya i needed to be RE logged in before i can post ) i saw that the idea arised indeed before in http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=33883 ) but still i mention that the ideea came to me independentley...