Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: -=Im curious=-

Thumbs down -=Im curious=-

Close thread
    Last edited by Poppyfex; Nov 24th, 2002 at 18:46:53.

See that little slider WAY over on full agg... moving it down some helps
    The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live! - Unknown

"I've always wanted to be somebody, but I see now I should have been more specific." - L. Tomlin

Vyker - 182 Fixer
    ** Card Carrying Union Member (team)

Close thread
    Last edited by Poppyfex; Nov 24th, 2002 at 18:47:10.

Ok gonna be nice =)

Step 1.
    Pull head out of rectal orafice.

Step 2.
    Raise your evade-cls skill

Step 3.
    Move your agg-def bar down some.

Step 4.
    Get a faster weapon, use a T.I.M Scope, maybe raise ranged init some.

Now before you open your pie-hole again, first I wear GA, second I've seen this happen with a number of mobs now where I don't get any norm hits just solid crits. What fixes it? Why moving the agg/def bar down some.

Have a nice day.
    The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live! - Unknown

"I've always wanted to be somebody, but I see now I should have been more specific." - L. Tomlin

Vyker - 182 Fixer

Close Thread
    Last edited by Poppyfex; Nov 24th, 2002 at 18:47:35.

Looks like you have a dominate matcre running, your ac's are all red.
    Cudus :: eqp

PvP....It's not just a job, it's an adventure!

i thought hardened mobs were red at lvl 35 or so. isn't the bridge guy in VW a hardened bully ? he's red to my enforcer at lvl 35 if i remember correctly not green and most definitely not 15 lvls lower. or am i reading that lvl 37 wrong and you're lvl 87, i can't make it out very good

anyway, your agg bar is most definitely the problem if you have that kind of defense. at full agg it does almost nothing for you.

He is 97 and it looks like he is debuffed and his GA is oe.
    Cudus :: eqp

PvP....It's not just a job, it's an adventure!

Close Thread
    Last edited by Poppyfex; Nov 24th, 2002 at 18:47:58.

Hmmm

You definately need to raise evades and get that ac up!

Those two plus the aggbar will cure any crit problem you have.

I have 5 toons running now and close to 400 levels played between them all. I always implant for evade/dodge from lvl 1 and up.
    Recently I have been playing my MA a bit and he rarely gets touched for anything more than min dmg apart for the lucky crit once in a while.

Even lvl 100 mobs seldom hurt him much.

I use mostly 114-125 imps on him and his ac is about 1900 self-buffed.

I know MA`s have green evades, but even with dark blue evades you shouldnt be hit like that. Max dodge and evade!

Good luck!
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Close Thread
    Last edited by Poppyfex; Nov 24th, 2002 at 18:48:17.

Close Thread
    Last edited by Poppyfex; Nov 24th, 2002 at 18:48:55.

1. You still haven't lowered your agg/def bar. Inits are bugged in 14.6, you just gotta deal with it until they're fixed. You can either have 5 minute battles or you can die, your choice.

2. Don't just put points into your evades, max them. Ranged and Close Combat anyway, you can keep duck at about half unless you PvP, in which case you want to max that too.

3. You're fighting what look like MA mobs, they have crit buffs which will make them crit a lot more. Crits and special attacks (fling, brawl, etc) go through GA like butter, it's simply a weakness of the armor.

4. Supposedly in 14.6 meelee mobs are double hitting, haven't heard anything about extra crits though.

5. From what you said ("at least till i finish building my 2nd lvl ga") it sounds like you're still in GA1, and you're at the stage where GA1 starts losing effectiveness. Try to get GA2 as soon as you can.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

No worries, and ditto on Spork's comments.

GA is 100% evade driven. If they're not maxed, take a level or two and do this. Additionally whether your in GA or regular armor the higher your evades the lower the critical chances you'll have. (at least this is what is currently seen by folks)

Also, the harder the mob the more you'll have to crank the agg/def bar down.

Some mobs I can just leave it full agg and fire away with the hots catching the hits that get through. Other mobs I'm on full def with a doc just barely keeping me alive (see Jack "Leg-Chopper" Clone, or Primus mobs)

Play around with it some to get a feel for what mobs you can take at what settings. I know where to drop my bar vs X type, Y type and Z type to evade enough hits that my hots can keep up with any that filter in. If there's a doc/adv/ma in the team.. well I'm all about full agg then =)

Vyker - 182 Fixer

I would agree, Your problem is definiately your agg/def bar, evades, and the fact that your still in GA I, which is way beyond what you should really be wearing at that level

GA2 is much more what you should have, but to me if your getting crit that much it would seem that your evades are waaaaaay to low.

Also, in that first picture you were OE. and OE grid armor (essp On full agg) = crap
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

hehe OE grid armor = naked

full agg = enforcer mode, not fixer mode

lipping off to people that are giving sound advice = hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

kk
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Everything that's been said in this thread is true.

That said, comparing my own pre and post 14.6 experiences, there was indeed a change made to how GA works. Not sure where it happened, though I suspect it was a mod to DMS/evade checking (remember how they said high-level mobs were made easier to hit?), but the ultra-high DMS GA uses for effectiveness is less effective.

I'd say I probably take an extra 50-60% hits after 14.6. That's pretty significant; it's gone from 1 hit in every 6 to 1 in 4 or even 1 in 3. That's a pretty significant difference.

Upgraded to GA3, but haven't been able to play since that (busy w/ NW beta), so we'll see how that feels.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

HAHA?! Is this for real?

Okay, sorry, you may be new to the game, but damn..

I dunno what breed you are, but your hp is kinda low for a fixer of your level, and your attack rating is well...spose you are in titles cap :|. and your wearing grid armor 1 right? you should be using 2..

Dunno how you got the first one, but ga1 sucks, by the time you can wear it, if your do 100% mission in a decent team it just doesnt cut it, and people can already chew you up.

GAII Is enough to do 180 missions and solo a mob, even if you do have to go full defence, its better the mob doesnt hit you.
    And, soloing at that level :ew:

I suggest you max your evades if not already and take off grid armor and wear something alternative.

Yikes, I didn't even notice your hitpoints. I'm an atrox, but even at level 44 I have more than 1500hp with no Dodga pads and just the 10 token board. When I was level 107 and it was before 14.6, I had more than 3500hp with a 250 token board. You really need to invest in body dev, and implant it if you can.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Close Thread
    Last edited by Poppyfex; Nov 24th, 2002 at 18:49:32.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast