Thread: Cz, are mission terminals broke or nerfed since 14.6?

Cz, are mission terminals broke or nerfed since 14.6?

Ever since 14.6 the mission terminals have changed how they create missions. What has changed? Three things: First, there seem to be more wilderness missions and less city missions; second, monetary rewards seem to be reduced(by about 50%); third, you can no longer get city missions for cities other than the one you are in(ie; if in rome you only get rome missions, no omni-1 missions,lush fields, or borealis). What I want to know is did you guys break something or did you do a stealth nerf? I spend most of my time socializing and running solo missions so this basically kills half the game for me. So what is up Cz?

I haven't noticed any of these changes with the patch, and yes, I have played and pulled missions.

Which mission locations you can pull does change with level, though - have you leveled? You may need to just move to a different terminal location.

It's still possible for Omni to do nothing but city missions, should that be what they want to do, from 1 to 200.

I have not noticed any changes, have done a lot of missions too.

Still get missions in the same places as I used to before patch.

You might just be unlycky?
    I AM Kantarell I AM Mbutu
    Techno-Wizard is the most fun to play!

you know the level of the mission also decides where it is. Rolling +100 missions from Trade will get you all missions in places like mort. Rolling +100 mission in newland you will get them in BS, PM, SFH, EFP.

Maybe you hit a level threshold at the mission terminal you normally go to and need to find a new terminal in a different zone.

~aqua

I have noticed this.

As an omni, some of the fastest cash to be made by low levels was to run missions from Rome to Trade or Borealis and back.

Since this last patch, I have seen Zero missions from Rome (blue or green) to trade.

Not a huge deal in my book, but I have definately noticed it.

-Religion

If I sound rude please forgive me. The money I am not sure about. But the others I know are there. I have always based myself out of Rome Blue, and since the patch I have not seen a single solo mission for any non-rome city mission. Before the patch Rome solo booths would generate missions for Rome blue\green, Omni-1 entertainment/trade, LushFields(harry's), and occasionally Borealis. Since the patch, the only city missions being generated in Rome are for Rome. I have started several new characters to test the lvling idea, and that is not it. And as for being unlucky I am on vaction and have played 6-8hrs a day since the patch. No one can be that unlucky. Don't misunderstand me city missions are being generated, but only for the city you are in(ie;Rome missions in rome, omni-1 missions in omni-1,etc).But I have not seen one mission generated to send you to a different city from where you got the mission.

When you are very low level and roll missions in one of the principle cities, you generally get missions in places that are very easily accessible. For example, if you are a lowbie and roll a mission in Omni Ent, you'll get missions in Omni Ent, Trade, or possibly Rome (since it's just one whompa away). Go up a dozen or more levels, however, and you'll start getting missions deep in Omni Forest (usually out by the mutant camp).
    Gogo "Atremis" Yubari
    220 MA - RK1
    Tranq

There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I concur

I have noticed the same thing. I prefer Rome Blue terminals, and since the patch, I have not seen any missions for Borealis or Trade, and very few for Lush Fields. I have rolled a ton of missions in the last few days looking for specific items, and all of them have been in Rome, Galway, Clon**** and Andromeda. I used to get 4 Holes and Stret West and East Bank, and I have seen none from there in the last week.

Maybe it's just Rome. I did roll a new character, as well, but moved her to Trade, and I haven't noticed any difference for the first 20 levels.

As a side note to a comment above, just over level 100, you can start pulling missions from Trade to Home, and that hasn't changed since the patch, either. I do forget the exact level, though.

I have not noticed it at all. I have pulled lower QL stuff and higher QL stuff.
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

I've noticed the same thing on new chars. Once out of the backyard I would head for Broken Shores and take missions there that would be in Trade, Omni-E, Borealis, etc. Now, all I get is Rome. Futher, the monetarty reward is significantly lower. It is equivalent to taking Trade missions in Trade, which is what I do now for new chars.

I tried Rome Blue and Rome Green. Same thing. Only Rome, whereas before a selection of cities was available.

This is a pity, because it undermines exploration. My guess is that it was done to promote use of the Subway, which is now the place to get decent rewards if you're low level.

Did you try any other place, closer to Rome (like Galway Castle)? This isn't the first time that the locations of destinations has changed, but I don't think it's happened for a while now.

With my lvl 38 MA on RK2, I havn't noticed much of a difference in mission locations. About the only char I've had on since 14.6.

But I'm pulling missions in either trade or Ent, don't go out to Rome much.
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008

Yes it has

changed. Speaking from a Clanner PoV, you used to be able to roll Old Athen missions from Avalon form lvl 2. You now can't do that til around 20+

I think this is kind of a range limiter - I could roll the missions I wanted (location) from a closer mission term.

Another sneaky 14.6 change, but I think it's aimed at discouraging low lvl chars who run missions from remote locations at low lvls, at maximum cash.

Wait

Damit!

That's what I do!

Doh