Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notum Wars voice binds

Notum Wars voice binds

Hey! I noticed in one of the updates on the AO main page that Notum Wars will include voice macros for players! I think this is really keen. Is there any more info on it?
    Like, can I squelch or ignore Mr. Spammer who likes yelling "Charge!" in the middle of Omni-Trade all day?
    Redler - Soldier
    Yendra - Adventurer
    Phazon - Doctor

I think this has the potential to be a real nighmare. There needs to be an Voice ON/OFF toggle in the options menu or an /IgnoreVoice {player_name} command.

This Voice Bind thing really is a bad idea.
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

I love having voice binds in Tribes 2 and Diablo 2. I think Rubi-Ka is kinda... quiet. With people standing around staring at each other. 0_0
    But sqelching is a must.
    Ideally, I'd like to be able to enable/disable.

()Local
    ()Guild
    ()Team

And be able to squelch individual players on a case by case basis.
    And ignored players should get an automatic squelch. (Natch)
    Redler - Soldier
    Yendra - Adventurer
    Phazon - Doctor

All the information that I've gathered about this is that there will be alot of voice macros for every breed and gender.
    You will be able to turn it off.
    You can create your own. These replace existing macro sounds that only you will be able to hear. You can send the your custom files to your friends for they can hear it from you too. Everyone else would here the macro that came with the game.

Smile My thoughts ...

I think this is a great idea. I'm sure there will be ways to ignore players or voices all together. I really wish there was an option where you could change the pitch of the voices to introduce more variability. I'm also wondering how they will visualy represent who the voice is coming from.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

There is info on that available to beta peoples(likeme) but I'm not supposed to talk about it.
    Not here anyway.
    Makes my post here kinda useless....

Originally posted by Sabishi
    There is info on that available to beta peoples(likeme) but I'm not supposed to talk about it.
    Not here anyway.
    Makes my post here kinda useless....
    Indeed...

Hey, I worked in the army's intelligence a few years ago. Want me to not talk about that too?
    Ghump - a member of Ragnarok

My hovercraft is full of eels

I've heard the voices you get are kinda stupid... havn't trid it myself, but one guy said if you use any voice other than "cool" for a female, he would kill you

omg! Who did they find to record those sounds? Some bums off the street?
    "You shoot me in a dream, you'd better wake up and apologize."

LoL!

That has to be some of the absolute worst voice binds I have ever heard.
    Thanks for the link and yet another reason to stay away from the booster.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

What is that guy saying...? "Luuub? Juice, man"?

Lub?

Hehehe- whatever- I think they're pretty cool.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

Is anyone seriously considering using any number of the default binds? I expect to be using all or mostly custom ones before too long, though I suppose I might change my mind. People will probably have all sorts of cool sounding voice binds up on the web for download once this has been out a couple weeks or so.

True. I used to love the voice packs you could download for Unreal Tournament. They were entertaining as hell.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

WOW THESE SUCK!

I guess they expect us do to the rest of the work as usual. Time for people to start making some standard voice packs, preferably ones that sound good.

I'm a total geek for saying this, but I'll probably replace most of mine with STTNG voices.

Hope to be able to bind custom ones. Though then i'd have to give them to all my friends too.

"Come to me son of Jorel! KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"

or, since Thanksgiving is coming up soon,

"I AM OZ!"

Wink Who cares if they are bad

The great thing about this (after hearing them) is that really dedicated players will create thier own binds to be downloaded on the internet. (Like Dovves map)

Originally posted by ccl28

I'm a total geek for saying this, but I'll probably replace most of mine with STTNG voices.
    hehehehe, then we are 2 geeks... but i will probably use voices from either voyager or enterprise...

Woohoooo, soon ST nemesis will come to cinema...
    Prepare for Battle!!!I... I see.... Aliens....
    Mrevil By Mr. Fli
    Mrevil My stuff
    Exxon
    And a few other alts...
    People dont kill peoples in Rubi-ka, Lag does!

Originally posted by Blue Cat
    What is that guy saying...? "Luuub? Juice, man"?

Lub?

Hehehe- whatever- I think they're pretty cool.
    I belive it is "dude! Juice, man!" probobly the Atrox voice sett to cool or something. We nanomages are going to sound like upperclass brittish people, if we sett our voice to "cool" we will sound a litle like austin powers

Quote from Belith snipped from an interview over at AO Basher...

"The recording took place in London where we hired 4 professional American actors known from theatre, radio, television and films. We wanted the players to get enough variations in the voices and you will be able to hear seven different breeds/sex voices and each of those can shout 6 different commands. That isn't all. Each breed/sex voice can sound cool, distinct, military or simple. You can do the calculation yourself."

There you have it, 4 professional actors....
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast