Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary 13.6 patch notes

Anyone know if there are any new PVP zones in the next patch?

Just wondering if there are any new 25% gas areas or if MMD is going to get bigger or if there are any clan areas like MORT or West Athens or maybe Borialias that are going to be PVP zones.

My guess is 2ho is going to dry right up in the sub 100 range after the next patch, and the arena style of MMD isn't all that fun. Too much standing around and waiting, and "excuse me sir would joo like to d00l?

Question What's up with this thread?

Can I ask a simple question about the nature of this thread...?

Apparently 13.6 is on the test server (I've heard it is from my friends that spend a lot of time on there). But... in the "In Production" section of the webpage there's no mention of it being on the test server yet - it's still in the in progress section.

Clearly Tomasin the starter of this thread noticed this and took the notes from the In Progress section and posted them here in a new thread.

You would almost think this thread is official FC - it's got the right title, it's got the patch notes, it has responses from FC Developers and Support team....

So back to the simple question.. why on earth did we need to leave posting this to one of the regular members???

I love the idea of the In Production section - it's made a big difference in communication with people since it's come out - but if it's not going to be kept up to date, what's the point in it?
    "I'm going to kill you." "You're going to kill us?" "No, no I'm not, I'm just kidding."

Originally posted by Anarchin

We have Grid Phreak and Team Grid Phreak too...

Woot!
    Those used to be useful for us fixers when we'd team, but now FC has given just about every other profession some form of Grid nano. So we're pretty much useless. Especially now that FC announced they're not going to add any Thief skills into the game which was really the whole point of fixers.

BTW, I'm still waiting for a new SMG....

Um... soldiers don't. You either have a Kodiak, a Yalmaha, or you huff it. I tool around in my Kodiak. I spend creds way to fast. At this rate, I'll have enough money for my Yalm at 110(can't buy anything in the shops, and the shopping channel on RK2 sucks most of the time)

Are we getting this patch today?

I don't see any mention of a date anywhere....except WGMelchior's "23rd, Stimmed. Hardly at the end of the month. " comment.

I have the day off - no kids w00t! - and would like to know if Im gonna get a game

While there's no mention of it in the patch notes, there is another change in 13.6 from 13.5....

The tutoring machines have new text descriptions, which now say they are used to buff YOURSELF only, not others (the original concept).

Whether they work or not, now, I dunno. A level 12 MA can't do much testing. <grin>

Another unnannouced change: the /help command now opens a window and put the help inside. There's also help topics on more things, and more details about what each command does.

JPN Chat Function

Hello all people of Rubi-Ka.

I'm one of JPN players. So I was not unhappy to hear that news.

Regarding JPN chat Function, I've tested it with my friends.
    Here's some notes FYI.

---OOC and VICINITY---

I turned it "Japanese Chat" OFF, and still was able to use JPN font in OOC

I turned if OFF, and could not use it in VICINITY.

I asked some of players in OOC, to cut the "Japanese Chat" off, but they can still read my JPN fonts, which was bronken in their eyes. I made it off myself, and still able to see JPN fonts.

You Devs may have realized this now already. Just FYI.

Personally, I always mis-tell the channels . So it seems it would be nice in the next patch if one turns the JPN Chat off, s/he never sees the JPN fonts in public channels. Or Vicinity, of course.
    Stuart "Shining" Clancy
    One of the first translators on Rimor

Proud to be the only translator of
    -Rubi-Ka Time Line
    -Prophet without Honor
    -AO Intro Movie (Subtitle, co-work with Franzeska)

"From patch 13.6 there is support for Japanese characters and input methods in the in-game chat. First and foremost it supports Windows 2k and XP. Win95\98 will follow shortly. "

This is cool. Not to sound to bitter and twisted, but I seem to recall some of the crashing on exit problems under Windows XP were met with, 'we don't support XP'. To be met with the new assertation that Kanji will be supported by an operating system that the client is apparently not designed for begins to boggle the mind.

On the whole this does appear to be handling some fairly minor bug fixes, but to be fair it is January...most of the world is still recovering from Christmas.

I'm still bothered about the 8+ crashes in a four hour session from dropped connections to the servers...annoying until you lose 18K xp because you lagged and couldn't reach a firstaid pack.
    ------------------------
    Pavoline - Lvl 53 Combat Engineer "bringing morbidity to 'creepers"
    Havlentia - Lvl 76 MetaPhysicist Personal Shopper in search of love & happiness in a background of war and strife.
    ------------------------

Originally posted by Obergeist
    Um... soldiers don't. You either have a Kodiak, a Yalmaha, or you huff it. I tool around in my Kodiak. I spend creds way to fast. At this rate, I'll have enough money for my Yalm at 110(can't buy anything in the shops, and the shopping channel on RK2 sucks most of the time)
    Come on Ober, now you know Rougue, Sinew16, Larcus, Saver and I just found you a shiny new set of body armor... and we picked up a flashpoint and a steiner - not that you'd use them, those actually are too low for you... but the flowers tech? Magnifique! If you want a yalmaha focus on that, and make the fixer a shopping list so he can start hunting for the rest of your equipment.
    Sometimes, old fixers die in Bitterness.

E.T.A.????

O.K. we've had a month or more to read about yet another wonderfull Funcon patch/fix *cough*....so when will it actually arrive?

Lately,due to the disconnects,i've found myself,a couple a times,control-alt-delete-ing to start the game... ):-P

Disconnect happened no less than 8 times this morning,within an hour!

Man 6 weeks ago this game was running great (less the well known bugs of course) no disconnects...hours of straight gameplay....shuddah known it would'nt last...

In another day or so,with my holiday pay,i am going to buy another computer,P4 2 gigger with an Asus mobo,and was going to build my better half a computer outa this one,PIII 1gig-eb...and buy another copy/subscription to Anarchy Online for her to play on this computer....then pass the PII .375gigger she shares with my son,to my son for his games and his schoolwork.

This "game" plan of mine was based upon the stability of the game...like I said it WAS stable not too long ago...
    now i'm still gonna get the other box (computer)....but after getting home from my graveyard shift....(best bandwidth BTW)...firing up my favourite game to date (most frustating to date as well) and not being able to play for longer than 5-15 min....I prolly won't buy another copy....and if i don't buy another...well...i AM going to snap this griever of a disk inta shrapnel!...

AnnnEEEwayyy can we have an official date on this patch...so i don't have to play this...this...sigh* game....till the troubles are
    addressed?

Thank you for your petition...erm...oops attention...and have a nice day!

RT

Update----after aLOT of reading i found this....
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...0&pagenumber=1...the tenth post....inna TOTALLY unrelated thread & section...go figure
    Last edited by RandomTrend; Jan 26th, 2002 at 03:14:27.

Talking

As for bugs I get a nice one that is loads of fun seems to happen 90% of the time when in a group if I use flurry of blows my Init is then minused the amount of gain after the gain time limit is worn off. This is not corrected by using again in a few minutes when skill is available but multiplied by the effect of taking even more init off. I hve confirmed this with other Enforcers who use it. You have to zone to get rid of it this sometimes means going back 20+ rooms in a large mission. Can you imagine haveing a lvl 200 mob pounding on you and your melee init is down below 300 fun stuff especially for a slow weapon. Look into that FC plz. While Im asking how about a grid access buff for enforcers too. (Doesn't hurt to ask)

BOOOOOO!!!!!!

Not impressed with the patch notes AT ALL. No real fixes to balance any of the profs. This is what everyone is waiting for. The longer funcom waits, the more customers and money they lose. Forget content(ie.. new static dungeons and stuff) and fix bugs and give some love to some of the profs that just plain suck compared to mp's. MP's got love and now u see a lot more of em running around. I'm a NT, god knows we need some love. Damage is ok, but need other nanos. Supposed to be masters of Nano-tech. Only thing i specialize in is getting my ass handed to me by even lvl mobs.

Enough ranting.
    Please just do another patch real soon with something that will make a difference.

Re: BOOOOOO!!!!!!

Originally posted by Myyrlyn
    Not impressed with the patch notes AT ALL. No real fixes to balance any of the profs. This is what everyone is waiting for. The longer funcom waits, the more customers and money they lose. Forget content(ie.. new static dungeons and stuff) and fix bugs and give some love to some of the profs that just plain suck compared to mp's. MP's got love and now u see a lot more of em running around. I'm a NT, god knows we need some love. Damage is ok, but need other nanos. Supposed to be masters of Nano-tech. Only thing i specialize in is getting my ass handed to me by even lvl mobs.

Enough ranting.
    Please just do another patch real soon with something that will make a difference.

Fixer have a new mausser the MCS and it looks like the begining of the end of pain for them (we still need a larger choice but that's another point). Maybe they will extend the hacking of SMG later.

Casting class have their stuns working as they always should have.

This should be in the new patch althought there have been no official note.

Personnaly I like a lot the new backpacks to be able to find my stuffs fasters .

Cool

Yy, I got my needs met, and now you're wearing a dress, er, Primus coat just like me. Right now, I'm mostly interested in getting that cyborg tank armor for bragging rights, and of course a Yalm. And props to Lohem for hooking up the new Nova. May you eat up enforcers alive.

Originally posted by Beatenblue
    Rockpitt...
    That thing you say about the agents dropping half the mobs healthbar happens once in every 10-20 shots... most of the other times you get a 1K-2K AS dmg... and yes I use a Ranee rifle/shotty hybrid, resently moved to pure shotgun (home defender) oki the damage is a bit less but it holds 20+ rounds. and the crits are just amazing!!

Just because you witnessed it once doesn't mean it happens every single time we put out an AS.

Oh yeah. And im thrilled out of my head when my ql163 Mausser does 1,4k dmg.. which happens about every 50 shots... against greens.... if you are lucky...

And while im at it... Why is Fixers Nanoprogramming skills blue? Arent we supposed to be computer hackers? And why the h*** cant we self buff us with comp litt? Traders can.. AND have pretty low nanoprogramming compared to Fixers. *sigh* Im not going to start whining.. But when you - as I - Stick to one char, you start to feel a bit tired.....

Come on.. we are not asking much. WE JUST DONT WANT TO SUCK!!

Re: So I guess i read betwen the lines to much

Originally posted by Apathetik

Now too anyone out there that complains about ther mauser not dealing enough damage, don't. I guess you don't realise this, but you are using SMG-sub MACHINE GUN, they are about speed, not massive damage, if you want massive damage, use a shotgun. Who ever said that i don't need to use a rifle....well let me put it this way, If i wanted to use a differant weapon, I would be a differant proffession, but see, I like rifles, and i like agents, My biggest grip about the rifle is the way that AS works, I should be able to use in fights not just at the begining....If I can get it off, at lvl 80 it is a major pain to try and get it off then at trying to use at lvl 15-30, It was fairly easy in those days.

Now my fixer I use the gripo, never tried a mausser, but my gripo has burst an FA, and i think FLing, but not sure, at any rate, its fast, does good damage and has plenty of special attack that make it very effective weapon, yet not a single fixer i have met yet has ever tried one.

Oh yeah.. thats true.. why didnt i think of that ! :/

Maybe its because FA is dark blue to me... Oh.. what am i worrying about? I can just spend less on my nanoskills.. right? Im sick of hearing ppl saying something like "oh im at level 92 and i have already maxxed all my skills" Bah.. im at level 96 and im not even CLOSE to maxing the skills needed. Havent put ip's into nanoskills for 10 levels.. cause its just too expencive. I recon that i will use the ip's on nano when i hit level 98 or so.. And with ipcost of 600 per point at 300 its really a joke.

Re: E.T.A.????

Originally posted by RandomTrend
    Disconnect happened no less than 8 times this morning,within an hour!
    Man 6 weeks ago this game was running great (less the well known bugs of course) no disconnects...hours of straight gameplay....shuddah known it would'nt last...
    I shudder to think of one possible real reason for this. Have financial constraints forced Funcom to reduce their bandwidth for AO? Vastly increased lag and mega-disconnects suggest that there simply isn't enough capacity all of a sudden. It would be reassuring if Funcom would deny it. But I suspect I may be closer to the truth than FC are prepared to admit.
    SIsTeRs.oF.eVIL
    A band of psycho renegade techno-nun disco-enthusiasts, working on the extreme boundaries of respectable behaviour in OMNI INQUISITION.

Re: Re: E.T.A.????

Originally posted by Virindi

I shudder to think of one possible real reason for this. Have financial constraints forced Funcom to reduce their bandwidth for AO? Vastly increased lag and mega-disconnects suggest that there simply isn't enough capacity all of a sudden. It would be reassuring if Funcom would deny it. But I suspect I may be closer to the truth than FC are prepared to admit.

I had same disconnection problem and after having 'clean' my pc I haven't disconnect a single time in 2 weeks.

PS: If you are under WinME or one other su¤ker OS it is not FC to blame.

Originally posted by Molutus

Oh yeah. And im thrilled out of my head when my ql163 Mausser does 1,4k dmg.. which happens about every 50 shots... against greens.... if you are lucky...

And while im at it... Why is Fixers Nanoprogramming skills blue? Arent we supposed to be computer hackers? And why the h*** cant we self buff us with comp litt? Traders can.. AND have pretty low nanoprogramming compared to Fixers. *sigh* Im not going to start whining.. But when you - as I - Stick to one char, you start to feel a bit tired.....

Come on.. we are not asking much. WE JUST DONT WANT TO SUCK!!
    We = You

We don't su¤k really. Need improvements but we don't su¤k. If you persist to think so, then you will.

NB: I have already posted this 4 times but here we go once again (hope dream will come true). MCS

A ql200 should look like that:

Premium Mausser Chemical Streamer ql200
    Range 16m
    Attack Delay 3s
    Ammo 50
    Recharge Delay 1s
    Damage 1-485(602)
    DefSkills Dodge 100%
    AtkSkills SubMachineGun 100%
    To Wield SubMachineGun 1170
    To Wield Burst 878
    DmgType ChemicalAC