Thread: Token bugs?

Token bugs?

I hear everyone saying tokens are worth more at higher levels.. but MINE ARE BUSTED. Today I tested it out.

Right click on board:
    You have 139 tokens.

Right click token from bank:
    You have 140 tokens.

I am LEVEL 81 here. Souldn't I be getting 4???

I wonder if it's because I created my char last year? (Aug 2001)?

Also today, team mission, everyone completed it, got token, but didn't get one. Second time this happened to me (not in a row tho).

What is up with that? =/
    || Xhardoc
    || Xharfix
    || Xhar007
    \\--------------------
    Proud member of (AO) Alpha Omega (AO) (RK2)

OK, you've been stung attempting to use an exploit so really no sympathy.

So, to the two specific issues you mentioned:

1. Are you sure these were not Bravery tokens?
    Bravery tokens collected from Mobs and during some quests (like Dodga) are only worth one token no matter what your level is, so there is certainly no point even attempting to save these.

2. If you've got tokens in the bank then you already own the unique item.
    So, when you finished your team mission teh server knew you already had the unique item and wouldn't allow you to own another one.
    Harsh I know and actually not documented, however it has happened to a few people, you will need to empty your bank of tokens before you get some more.

Looks like Funcom have attempted to close up this exploit with 14.6 so my hats off to them.

Fine .. exploit you say. Someone told me like a week ago about saving tokens for later. I only have like 6 in the bank at this point.

I do know that my entire career I have NEVER gotten more than 1 point for a token. I remember specifically because I counted my way up to 120. By ONES. I soloed missions in complete trying to get there.

Regardless of saving tokens, something is obviously wrong.
    || Xhardoc
    || Xharfix
    || Xhar007
    \\--------------------

Oh and I can only recall getting maybe two bravery tokens. (Killed a mob and looted it off). But 99% of my tokens were from doing team missions and soloing. Lots of soloing.

Being a Doctor and basically not having a great soloing class (especially since I tuned myself for healing at this point) It's gonna be hard to get to my 1k board incrementing by ones...
    || Xhardoc
    || Xharfix
    || Xhar007
    \\--------------------

Why don't you clear all the tokens out of your bank and upload them.
    Then go and do either a solo or team mission and get a brand new token and see how many that is worth?

As to the question of exploit, lets see.
    Do easier low level missions for token reward, save them in the bank and eventually in theory they could be worth more than twice as many tokens when you upload.
    I'd say that comes under the term exploit.

If you have never ever received more than 1 token when uploading a mission token then I'd say you need to get a GM to take a look.
    The 1000 board is a piece of cake for anybody now, even if it takes you until you are Level 150+
    It is just a case of "when you get it" no longer "If".

Originally posted by RedSonja
    As to the question of exploit, lets see.
    Do easier low level missions for token reward, save them in the bank and eventually in theory they could be worth more than twice as many tokens when you upload.
    I'd say that comes under the term exploit.
    Wow. Wish I had thought of that. But I honestly had no idea you get more token worth for your token depending on your level when you upload it. I thought it was just one-for-one all along.

Works now

Wonder if i had to do with the server patch.. but now I am getting 4 as I am supposed to ...

As far as expliot is concerned I think that's debatable. In some cases, people are living without the merit bonus so that they can get their 1k board easier.

If it was such a big deal, Funcom would make tokens be useable within a certain level range. If they can do morphing memory and living armor, they can certainly tag a token so it has to be useable within 5 levels of someone receiving it.

Their other option is to make them non-bankable.
    || Xhardoc
    || Xharfix
    || Xhar007
    \\--------------------

I'd actually like confirmation that this is indeed considered an exploit by someone official because it honestly sounds like a viable method of token usage/gathering.

It's an exploit...

After coming back to AO from an extended break I still had a pack of tokens in my bank (if you played a long time ago we used to hoard them and trade them to other folks) but they took that away so I just had this pack sitting there.

Well.... I find out that now my tokens that were worth 1 token originally were now worth a lot more! Much to my excitement and amazement.

So I figured heck I'll just go and add more tokens to new packs and stuff them in the bank too for later on. Only used enough tokens to upgrade my board to my current usable title level at the time.

Problem I ran into was I couldn't put more the one in a pack... hrm that's odd... /petition I can't put more then one token in a pack now what's up?

Response: usuall blah blah erm... I think a GM should discuss this with you one moment please.

GM: Well since you didn't know any better (Translation: your a dipwad and I can't belive you actually petition this) I won't ban you at this time, but I will require you to use all of your stored tokens immediately or they will be deleted.

Long story short.... it's a ban offense to store tokens for later use. Not that you can now but you could.
    The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live! - Unknown

"I've always wanted to be somebody, but I see now I should have been more specific." - L. Tomlin

Vyker - 182 Fixer
    ** Card Carrying Union Member (team)

Well maybe

Funcom should make a point to post news or some kind of notice about it. Or fix it in game to prevent it. It's pretty wide spread... I have since used all my tokens now that I realize they are worth 4 as they are intended, before I thought it was under 100 = 1 token = 1, after 100 = 1 token = 4. Because seriously before I was getting one all the time. Oh well.

But they should make it clear because many players are telling everyone to do it, and the majority of us don't even think of what's expliot until we have these discussions.
    || Xhardoc
    || Xharfix
    || Xhar007
    \\--------------------

I am a lvl 63 Fixer w/ 250 tokens. I did not get the health and nano bump. Is this a bug? Or am I too low to get it?

Boanerges