Thread: special recharge times???

special recharge times???

what affects special attack recharge times?

is it the skill in the special attack?
    is it your initiative in the type of attack your weapon uses?
    both?

i've read some things on the boards that make me wonder...i never thought that raising your skills would increase recharge times...am i wrong?

im pretty sure its solely dependent on the weapon...its kinda sad that most bursts recycle faster then the bbi's fling

Rechage speed of the weapon affects them, mostly. There is also much spuculation (and apparent verification by Funcom on a few occasions) that base skill (not buffed or implanted!!) has an effect as well.

Just for the sake of spuculation, here are some forumlas I picked up on the boards once... Can't remember who posted them, otherwise I would credit them.

Aimed Shot = Recharge Delay * 40 - Aimed Shot Skill * 3 / 100
    Burst = Recharge Delay * 20 + [Burst Delay] - Burst Skill / 25
    Fast Attack = Attack Delay * 15 - Fast Attack Skill / 100
    Fling Shot = Attack Delay * 15 - Fling Shot Skill / 100
    Full Auto = Recharge Delay * 40 + [Full Auto Delay] - Full Auto Skill / 25
    Sneak Attack = 40 - Sneak Attack Skill / 150

Where [Burst Delay] and [Full Auto Delay] are the values in the database by those names for the weapons in question.

These forumlas have only been casually verified by me...so I take no responcibility if they happen to be wrong.

-Jayde

Thumbs up

I believe those are right.. thanks Jayde
    You can do anything at Zombo

so if i have a 1000 flingshot (hypothetical), then that takes 10 seconds off the recharge time?

but if i have 1000 burst, it takes 40 seconds of the recharge time?

Those are very interesting numbers Jayde, and thanks for sharing.

Now does anyone have numbers for how skill in a particular special affects damage?
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

Originally posted by Morelian
    Those are very interesting numbers Jayde, and thanks for sharing.

Now does anyone have numbers for how skill in a particular special affects damage?
    Im pretty sure....to the exception of Brawl, Aimed, Full Auto, and Sneak Attack. They are all set by the weapon.

Im not sure how many points does what....but after doing an expertise for brawl...I was able to do 100 more "crit" with brawling....dunno if this is the same as the rest of the specials.
    You can do anything at Zombo

Dimach is also based on the skill... AS and Sneak Attack multipliers are increased in range with higher numbers, it seems. Full Auto as well, although I'm not sure how exactly.

Fast Attack, Fling Shot, Burst are all normal weapon-roll based.

-Jayde