Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FIXER/ADVY Imbalance

Why wasn't this dreck at posted in the PvP Conflict or Game Mechanics forums? At least I'm used to seeing ill-informed class whines there....

Originally posted by kupomaster
    okay let's do just that. any advice is definitely welcome.

I'm a lvl 170 advy nanomage.
    problem #1 - your hitpoints are not going to be so good. you better have 3 life clusters in...

i have roughly ql 193 implants in, some slight updating is doable I forsee real soon.

i use ql 180ish ncu's but can go to ql 200s now.

Crazy crazy, you should have had ql 200's of BOTH of those in around 130ish. Only spot you might not be able to have a ql200 in is head or eye, but with all the new treat junk around you can prolly do them also.

my nano resist is only 600 so that needs work.
    Max NR and implant it. If you think someone is going to try and root you, go full defensive and you "might" resist it

my nano init is 1500 but there are no advy offensive nanos like say NT's have.
    Nano init is good for you, I bet you can instant or nearly instant your cheal 'eh?

i use pretty good guns, dual weilding a original electronicum v2 ql 180 and a River Seasons XP ql 200
    Get a v3 and drop the rivers to a ql 180ish or so, or get an ithica vulch for the duck checking.

my run speed is 2500 selfbuffed.

why oh why did you max runspeed when you have so many other things to raise?

base abilities all breed capped besides sense.

i wear a combination of mk2/and sekutek pants. with what i posted above.

Ive not participated in much arena action simply because I am simply no good at pVp, although when i try to pVp it seems I am greatly overpowered.

You need practice. Adv's are farking good at pvp. Put on your highest dmg shield combo, get an essence, and go eat fixers for lunch as they kill themselves on your shield.

Well I could reset a few things to grab back some much needed IP, say from complit now that i have the 1k board, and runspeed, since parrot adds 1300.

Thanks for all the sound advice

UPDATE:

Today I worked 4 long good hours.. fun hours with friends and chat and stuff. and got all QL 199/200 NCU's and self made all newe implants QL 200+

I went on a mission with a team a little later and found the results were very nice,

Thanks for all the advice.

Hey, I max runspeed...

I can run faster than my friend's yalm unbuffed. So there.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Calvara is right.. an adventurer doesnt really need to max run speed for 2 reasons.

self parrot +1300 RS

and its quite easy to get a nice fixer to buff ya.

Added advice : What's your evades ? Are you using AGG/DEF slider to survive the alpha burst or enhance evades efficiency ?
    At full AGG your evades are hugely reduced.

And really check what your actual AC are. Be aware that Fixers have very good weapons firing chemical or poison.

Check also your HPs and compare them to ppl that actually do a lot of PvP. Your breed is actually slightly gimping you here.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Originally posted by kupomaster
    Calvara is right.. an adventurer doesnt really need to max run speed for 2 reasons.

self parrot +1300 RS

and its quite easy to get a nice fixer to buff ya.
    It's too bad parrot and grid don't stack tho

ALthough we advys have a nice +60 treatment buff, its not self only so its no advantage, and it's not stackable with SFA. I wish it were. Meaning, when I need a ql 200 implant I can self buff to get it in, but anything higher like the new ones, and my treatment buff is useless.

People with average experience of the game can fit in Q200 implants at level 125 and you cannot ?
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Nanomage adv here (level 172) and I rarely pvp. The few times I tried it (with only essence as outside buff) were funny (lost a few times and won a few times). The only people that really scare me are beamenforcers/traders/fixers/adventurers/mps and a certain lvl 200 engineer on rk2 :-). Tip: remember that the people -who own you- use outside buffs (Mop, soldiershield, HOT, essence, docbuff, etc, etc)

Oooh, forgot to mention that pvp is all about tweaking :-) which is fun to do (lvl 200 imps, max evades, mkII, 1k board and other usefull stuff). Trust me: as nanomage adventurer u can win a battle , but u need to put a lot of work in it.

Cool

I think that at the top of PvP impaired professions you'll find:

1. Engineers
    2. Bureaucrats
    3. Meta Physisists
    4. Nano Technicans

You may or may not agree, but as you can see, being a pet class doesn't give you an advantage in PvP. The reason for this is roots,.. Roots should be a lot more harder to break. But that is just my oppinion.

Roots a lot more harder to break? Err...have you tried lately?

nano resist really doesnt mean too much to an adv, because it is a really dark blue skill. so even if it is maxed, and fully implanted, it will still be lower than the nano skill of the opponent which means you're gonna get hit with that nano.

so, advents will get rooted and advents will get deprived/plundered because we're simply going to hit the ceiling on that skill at a much lower rating.

i haven't pvp'd in a while...i'm currently seeking to upgrade my armor/implants/weapons/nanos to check it out...

i don't think a pistol wielder, whether it's an advent, soldier, engie, or whoever is going to be good in pvp. especially against a GA fixer. why? no real special attack...fling is worthless.

so...after our fling shot...we basically just have to sit back rooted and heal ourselves while we get bursted/rooted to death. eventually our nano pool will run out, and we will die.

i think that the damage shields will do significant damage, but the HoTs that fixers have are really nice and will nullify a lot of the damage the fixer takes from the damage shield.

but, honestly people, i don't think it's an advent v fixer issue here...it's a pistol v any profession issue.

so, what's the alternative for the advent? 1he and all melee will result in a pretty quick death when fighting a rooting class. that leaves the old stand byes that all pvp'rs use....X3, Ithicas, maybe even the Manex. i think that's the problem...there are absolutely no real pvp pistols other than the custom desert reets, and those outlive their pvp usefulness at about level 70ish.

there needs to be a real pistol that has pistol/fling/burst damage. the regular reets do really poor damage...and that's our best alternative for a pistol/fling/burst weapon at high levels.

just my opinion...fixers and ga does not need to be nerfed...just give advents the pistols we've been begging for. make the pain of patricia accessible (if it's even in the game at all). if it does drop off that patricia mob at the primus camp, you would need to have about 50 title level 5-6 players with a well thought out and coordinated attack in order to actually get the gun....(if it's even in the game at all).

or make a strict pistol/burst pistol for advents to hold as offhand weapons. i never understood why the vultures were never pistol/shotgun/fling/burst instead of what they are pistol/shotgun/fling. the added burst would have offset the lower attack rating of the gun because of the 66% pistol/33% shotgun.

i know i've rambled and gone off topic a bit...but to recap:

1. an advent may be able to kill a ga fixer...but most likely a pistol advent won't.

2. ga fixer is powerful, but not unbeatable if you have the right weapon (my guess is a manex is probably the best weapon to beat a fixer with because of the high burst damage and rapid burst rate).

3. only traders are unbeatable.

4. give a pistol/burst option to allow pistoleers a better chance at pvp.
    Last edited by Borrace; Nov 15th, 2002 at 22:53:23.

UPDATE:

I now have:

Ql 200 ncu's

Ql 200+ implants ( spent 4 hours making them )

Ql 165 Albrecht at my Back, nano mage cant wear a ql 200 albrecht even with buffing ( I think I may b wrong )

Ql 195 bbi

or QL 180 ele v2

I can self buff my AR up to 1037 now self buffed which is nice.

The fact is I would dual weild my bbi with my QL 180 electronicum v2 but the multirange req are like in the 1100 range and at level 171 Ive got about 800 MR.

It's pretty ridiculous there, and Borrace is right, we need a weapon that has Burst/Fling/and other attacks

My fixer has a gun that has Burst/Fling/FullAuto/ and another attack - there is no advy gun with 4 specials let alone 3

use implants to buff your multiwield up for a higher offhand, then take them out for regular imps.

Originally posted by calvara
    use implants to buff your multiwield up for a higher offhand, then take them out for regular imps.
    beautiful.. also, isnt there an armband or something that adds to MR? If so how does one acquire this item?

Angry

Isn't it funny how a complete noob loses and then just feel it has the right to state that fixers are uber and advs gimps as a fact?

A 170 nanomage adv with crappy equip and no idea how to pvp loses to a ga4 fixer...wow...surprise

Atleast u fixed some of your gear...but wake-up call: as an adv, if u stick with melee, u will lose to every rooting class there is. If you think fixers are so uber, go fight a trader.

Traders own everyone cept the odd enf or doc. Nt/trader/mp and some crats can be really mean to ga fixers. Ga fixers can spank some enfs, some soldiers etc..

Engs...die

Point is...if u are new to pvp, acknowledge that and try to learn, don't immidiately start to whine when u lose. Cuz, don't worry, u are gonna die more times, to all different kinds of professions.

I can't wait until some complete noob trader loses to an eng and makes a post "engs are uber, traders are gimps, nerf engs! they have BIG BOTS"...

_Karanya
    Originally posted by cold

Oh, it'll change, eventually. Just like NTs will be given fixer-killer nano's, some profession will likely get Trader-killer nano's. Also, when NTs resist MC debuffs they're going to be a lot harder to kill for traders.
    Things change all the time.. uber today, gimp tomorrow
    Somewhat late response on my part -- what I meant to say would never change, is that few/no professions would have a "fighting chance" against every other profession. This is made clearer by what we've heard about NW and furthering the paper/rock/scissors approach.

--K

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast