Thread: Engineers and Notum Wars

Engineers and Notum Wars

I am wondering if the Controllers, Shield Generators, etc. will be needing a player skilled in tradeskills to construct them or if they can just be store bought. I've been looking through the articles by Gaute, but can't seem to find any info on it. (Sorry 'bout this thread if I missed it)

Or in other words: Will engies be more useful after NW?

--sil

They're still working on balance but I keep on hearing bits and pieces about comp lit being the major skill required to build towers. This means that it's going to be mainly a trader thing. The booster is scheduled to be released in about 2 1/2 weeks so that should be more than enough time to level a real tradeskill prof.
    Ionicdude - In it to win it no matter how you spin it

Originally posted by RVWinkle
    They're still working on balance but I keep on hearing bits and pieces about comp lit being the major skill required to build towers. This means that it's going to be mainly a trader thing. The booster is scheduled to be released in about 2 1/2 weeks so that should be more than enough time to level a real tradeskill prof.
    Umm... Comp. Lit. may be one of the most used skills in the game since everyone needs to at least boost it some for the Grid and the NCU belts.
    It does not make any sense from an RP point though, since what really should be needed is Mech. Engineering, but FC would never get away with that since the uproar would probably tear the forums to pieces.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Wink hmmmmm

Originally posted by Dominata

It does not make any sense from an RP point though, since what really should be needed is Mech. Engineering, but FC would never get away with that since the uproar would probably tear the forums to pieces.
    bah, no way ehehe i think with the current situation it would make *perfect* sense if engis are involved one way or another ...

ha, if we could repair those thingies durin battle and stuff mmmmm ....

pfff we'll see ....
    tradeskillz ?

Bah! Comp.Lit.... Here they had an excellent chance to make engineers a little more useful. Wouldn't help us for the teams, but at least we would have a funcion in the game...

Oh well, hoping for something good in 15.0 then

--sil

I thought it was Quantum Physics that was going to become very important. Quantum Physics... or something like that... Quantum FP..? Quantum something. Not Comp Lit.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

I wont say much due to the beta NDA but what I will say is this:

go here www.aordb.cjb.net

and search for control tower

Bear in mind that this is a _beta_ database and may change before it hits live!

-edit-

Just thought I'd point out that the web site above, and its existance is publically available, in fact I found out about the site prior to even applying for the beta.
    Last edited by Warlock; Nov 12th, 2002 at 10:34:20.
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Blue Cat, I believe you're looking for 'Quantum Field Theory,' or QFT?
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

There you go- thanks. That's what I was trying to think of. =)
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

NDA is NDA....

But maybe the engies got some "toys" before 15.0
    100% Pure Gimp™!!!
    Eunike, a level 206 Trader,
    Machiaveli - a level 215 Bureaucrat(Teh Fun!!!)

Member of the Alpha Omega
    -- Currle:..all there well be too do is sit in the sun and Drink way too much Beer.

Skills for Towers

Gaute's latest article on the Booster mentions skills needed to create Towers (hmm, why no info on controllers?).

http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...ticles/03.html

Quote:
    "The other build requirements are found within mechanical engineering and matter creation."

Gee, as a lvl 116 engie, I'll bet I can make a QL 120 tower...ain't I great! Well, maybe with buffs....QL 150...whoohoo, now I am Super!

Typothetae

Re: Skills for Towers

Originally posted by Typothetae
    Gaute's latest article on the Booster mentions skills needed to create Towers (hmm, why no info on controllers?).

http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...ticles/03.html

Quote:
    "The other build requirements are found within mechanical engineering and matter creation."

Gee, as a lvl 116 engie, I'll bet I can make a QL 120 tower...ain't I great! Well, maybe with buffs....QL 150...whoohoo, now I am Super!

Typothetae
    Yes, as said: MC and ME.

I think this is a pretty nice turnout for engineers. One incredibly primary skill that is maxed every level, and one that is a strong secondary skill used for trimmers.

We can look forward to people shouting in shopping chat: "Need engi! Building tower!" Well, at least I hope so..
    Ernest "Zane0" Bunke - Equipment - Perks
    Obsidian Order
    Advisor

Fix 200+ Engineer Slayers

Re: Re: Skills for Towers

Originally posted by Zane0
    We can look forward to people shouting in shopping chat: "Need engi! Building tower!" Well, at least I hope so..
    Time to make everyone else know how expensive other profs 'services' can be (can you say "Pay for MP buffs")

I have a need to cackle:

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
    Ernest "Zane0" Bunke - Equipment - Perks
    Obsidian Order
    Advisor

Fix 200+ Engineer Slayers

I've never charged an Engineer for mochams, infuses, masteries, or even implant assembly. Everybody else gets to pay, but engies get a free ride.

I guess this is my big test of karma. Let's see if I get the same sort of treatment back from engies now. :P

Arrow

Engies get some neat stuff in NW (lips sealed)
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Man, you people are really taking risks with your NDA agreement. That guy who operates that site( www.aordb.cjb.net)?

He got permabanned and can't open another account. Guess why.

And all of you saying "I can say this, but not more..." - you're overstepping the NDA as well. Be careful.

Originally posted by Slapster
    Man, you people are really taking risks with your NDA agreement. That guy who operates that site( www.aordb.cjb.net)?

He got permabanned and can't open another account. Guess why.

And all of you saying "I can say this, but not more..." - you're overstepping the NDA as well. Be careful.
    Actually I asked the same quesation on the beta forum. The guy did not get perm banned because of the web site. They wont disclose why he did get banned, but the web site apparently wasnt it.

The comp lit requirements were confirmed by official releases. And i also think this is an insanity that ONLY traders can build the highest ones while engies watch them and clap with disgust and frustration.

The "everybody can do it" argument is not valid...when players needed to rise mech engy for equiping ellts, they did without any hesitation, and actually mech engy is buffable for all profs, when comp lit on self buff only for traders.

But it s still time to make this game coherent...which means not allow crats to be able to wander around with 2 slayers, give engies the best manufacturing buffs (mech engi, elec engy, quantum are manufacturing skills, not trade skills) and requiere manufacturing skills to build the towers.

Traders again

I aggree... Engi are supposed to be the best in mechanics and electronics... Traders are... the seller guy you know... And they can build the higher towers because they have an insane +260 CL buff ???

Plz common FC, do somthing for that its (sorry to say that) stupid