Thread: I asked a simple question

Question I asked a simple question

I asked a simple question regarding info on the costs of towers and maintenance of those towers. So instead of trying to give an answer you delete the thread? (Did a search for my threads, the thread I started is gone)

If you want to blindside people when they spend their $20, have the balls to say so, don't delete threads. Or you can do what FC has a very POOR history of doing, and this ANSWER LEGITIMATE questions posed to you.

Don't take the easy road out and delete threads, that simply tells me and others we are unimportant as a customers....

I think it depends on the QL for the tower. The low QL ones will be really cheap and the high ones will cost perhaps millions of credits. A guild full of high level characters would really be able to afford the high QL ones with no problems.

I think this booster should have something for everyone and I think you can enjoy the benefits without even having to buy it. If you buy it you get the enhanced graphics and sounds, personal tower, and uber yalms but everyone can participate in the wars.

I for one an buying the booster even if it's just for the uber yalms and the cool graphics and sounds.

Perhaps they deleted your previous post because the tone was wrong. CZ seem to be a pretty cool and tolerant guy to me
    Last edited by Bonk; Nov 10th, 2002 at 20:38:15.
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

This is from the RPG Vault interview:

"Jonric: Please explain what land control actually is and how it will work. How expensive will controllers be and will there be continuing costs for maintenance or any other reason?

Gaute Godager: The controlling of land will be done in the following way. You join an organization. You find an uncontrolled area - or you kick out the people there and make it uncontrolled. Then you buy or construct a controller item. This is used to build a Controller that in effect turns the area over to you. This controller will be relatively inexpensive on the lowest Quality Levels. (They exist from QL 10 and up). There they cost around 8,000 credits per version. The higher QL versions are another story. They cost a lot of money, but then we know that higher-level players can have several hundreds of million available. This is meant to be costly!

When you have placed your controller, you can add towers. You can also find more details about the controllers here: http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...ticles/02.html

There will be no upkeep costs on towers or controllers. It is important to note that they can be destroyed by others, though. So it is not a "no-brainer" investment."

That, at least, partially describes the planned cost.

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I for one am glad the someone from the community gave the info. The reason why is it just goes to show that FC thinks it's more important to gives answers elsewhere than on it's site or to these boards. For shame FC, shame....

If your thread was deleted, then there must of been a reason behind it. Instead of acting like a baby and posting it again with flames included, you could of fired off an email to Cz or one of the other mods to ask them why it was deleted.

Regards,
    Cazza
    :: Disco "Strayduck" Duck - Equipment - History ::

Shut up

Number 1, the post was deleted.

Number 2, it was a well wrote out post asking a very candid and issue related question as to the upcoming NW booster. It was a simple question asking for any information that FC could provide regarding tower cost.

Number 3, if you didn't read it, and you didn't know how it was written, shut your mouth. There was nothing in the post that was negative towards FC. Again it was about the tower upkeep and how it was to be handled in the manner of small guild vs. larger guild and the costs related to it.

Number 4, if you have played as long as I have, you would have known by now, unless the emails sent to Cz or moderators involve a serious bug or exploit, there is a 10% chance they will respond as the volume of emails they get is tremendous.

Number 5, yes the new thread was a flame directed at FC, and yes it was to take a huge swipe at them. And again, sadly, it takes a fellow customer to answer the question, providing a link to info, FC doesn't respond. Not even with a "Here is a link to more information".

Number 6, again, if you didn't read my original thread and saw what it contained, shut your mouth.

And FYI, if you know anyone who was playing when the Sept 11 atrocity happened, ask them about the thread that was started supporting those families who were affected. Ask them why FC deleted it....when all the posts were offering condolences....
    Last edited by Varfleet; Nov 11th, 2002 at 01:04:26.

lol you have a bad attitude. No wonder your last thread was deleted. You sound so rude and you sound like a total jerk. You should just cancel your subscription to AO and go play another game. The sooner they ban you from this forum the better.
    Fear is the Mind Killer.

Originally posted by Bonk
    lol you have a bad attitude. No wonder your last thread was deleted. You sound so rude and you sound like a total jerk. You should just cancel your subscription to AO and go play another game. The sooner they ban you from this forum the better.
    Thank the Lord we have the likes of you here Bonk. Ever a positive outlook and a sensible attitude, aren't you bored to death of yourself?

As for the cost of the towers...8000 creds for a level 10 controller, can you imagine how much a decent tower and defences will cost even at that level? No others apart from twinks in rich factions will ever be able to afford something like that, hehe. Once again, your Average Joe is screwed by FC, nice going...
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Well I know a good way for you to save $19.99
    Fear is the Mind Killer.

heheheh

Bonk, Bonk, Bonk, Bonk......

Actually I am a pretty nice guy (really I am, ask around), unless people want to run their mouths off about something they have no clue about.
    If one wants to critique my posts, fine, I just ask that they have all the facts before running their mouths about flaming FC and sounding like a baby. If I am wrong about something, I admit to it. But when one wants to start a flame war, I can be a jerk.

And to Dominata's point, that is why I started the thread. To those who read it before it was deleted, "Lopsided Land Control?", that was the question to FC, how much and how often?

Thanks to omegadsl for putting up the link with more info.
    Last edited by Varfleet; Nov 11th, 2002 at 03:15:08.

Unhappy Apologies

Apologies goes out to Cz if he read this or is reading this. Just saw his post up in the Community Corner and now feel bad because the impression I am getting is that Cz is pretty much the only one scouring the boards for issues.

To those who haven't read it, check it out, nifty little tidbit about the Professionals program (I hope it takes off).

That's ok, Varfleet.

There will be a good opportunity to ask such questions directly in the near future, but more word about that later.

"unless people want to run their mouths off about something they have no clue about."
    What are you talking about? I never made any comment about your orignal thread.

I dont see why you are insulting me, when i simply said there must be a reason why your thread was deleted. Me saying the best way to deal with it would be to email a mod, doesnt require "shut your mouth".

Ask them why FC deleted it....when all the posts were offering condolences....
    A lot of forums deleted these threads, they sir up racial issues amoungst other things.

"Lopsided Land Control?",
    Im sure i did actualy read that thread.

Regards,
    Cazza
    :: Disco "Strayduck" Duck - Equipment - History ::

Re: Apologies

Originally posted by Varfleet
    Apologies goes out to Cz if he read this or is reading this. Just saw his post up in the Community Corner and now feel bad because the impression I am getting is that Cz is pretty much the only one scouring the boards for issues.

To those who haven't read it, check it out, nifty little tidbit about the Professionals program (I hope it takes off).
    what post? where is it? please make a link? thanks!

Talking Borrace

The post is in the Community Corner on the main boards.