Thread: Bored-Some ideas

Bored-Some ideas

<> Item tweaking. It already exists in this game. Add it to everything in this game. This way there is a chance that the person with their full set of corona/so8/dragon/whatever, actually might have slightly worse or better stats then you. Or every single last one of us with a ql 200 ithaca/x-3/mcs/beam/sol might actually do worse or better damage.

<> AFK messages. Type: afk Feeding the dog. Someone sends you a tell, they get the message, Zylina is feeding the dog. Simple concept, and it exists in most online worlds.

<> Account ignore. Forget the /ignore <player name>. This command would be /aignore <player name> and would ignore any character created on that account. Have no idea how hard that would be to implement.

<> Duel terminals. This is an idea that's as old as this game. We've seen that AO is capable of spawning mission zones. It would seem reasonable that it could create a small zone for people to duel in peace in. Whoever wants to go in, join the team, hit the terminal, be given a location and keys. Dupe more if you want more then 6 to go. Guilds could have their own private playfields to have tournaments and fights within their guilds or against other guilds....since you've nerfed suppression gas to the point where we may as well just get rid of that term. I really can't see how this would be hard to implement. Sure, players can go out of their way to find a quiet spot for a private duel, but making life easier in this way can only be good.

<> Global Alerts. A new global alert channel. Available everywhere on Rubi-Ka. This one would be a bit different then your normal channels. If there was pvp happening at 2ho, then you could sound an alert. Everyone would be alerted. But there can't be any talking on this channel. This would not be a social channel to compare **** sizes on. Just the ability to sound the alert. Which you lose said ability for an hour after doing so.

<> A toggle just for pet chat. Frankly, I find the pet chat annoying. And it can be quite a spam when there's players with pets and mobs with pets all in the same room. Give us a way to toggle just petchat off. At the very least, give us a command to give our pets to be quiet.

<> Beep. Yep. You know what I'm talking about. That ancient old beep command. If you're not looking at your AO window, someone can beep you and your computer will make that beep sound to alert you. Of course you should be able to toggle this on or off, and the beep command should be restricted to once an hour or so.

<> A better training of your GMs. I ran in to a 'greenie' the other day. He was looking for Omni to help protect 2ho from a Clan incursion. What type of Omni he was hoping to find in 20k to go fight a bunch of level 180 clanners is absolutely beyond me. He then went to Omni Ent to find more. Do your GMs have a clue? (Sidenote: Of course a bunch of grey Omni showed up and were killed over and over again before they realized that this 'event' wasn't for them. Now think for a moment. What would you feel if some GM asked for your assistance and you gave it, just to find out that your assistence is worthless and you just get killed in a matter of seconds?)

<> Better training of your ARKs. Now, I don't pretend to be an expert on how you train your ARKs, or what type of requirements you set on who you accept, but I've been amazed at how many ARKs don't seem to have much of a grasp on how this game works. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that many of them have a character around level 100. Hey, I'm not saying that's neccessarily bad, but if they aren't very experienced at this game, (which trust me, most don't seem to be), then train them! Teach them! Give them some experience so they don't make fools of themselves when answering a player who does happen to have a grasp on how this game works.

Eh, it's late. I'll end now. :P

Some good ideas here. I have very few comments, and only on points that aren't clear to me.

<> A toggle just for pet chat. Frankly, I find the pet chat annoying. And it can be quite a spam when there's players with pets and mobs with pets all in the same room. Give us a way to toggle just petchat off. At the very least, give us a command to give our pets to be quiet.
    I have to say, I played every pet class in That Other Game, and as a result, haven't played one here. So, I don't fully understand this one, but it sounds decent enough and fairly easy to do, also.

<> Beep. Yep. You know what I'm talking about. That ancient old beep command. If you're not looking at your AO window, someone can beep you and your computer will make that beep sound to alert you. Of course you should be able to toggle this on or off, and the beep command should be restricted to once an hour or so.
    Not sure about the time limit, but I would like to see this limited - say only people on your 'accepted' friend list can beep you, or perhaps just another section to the friend list for the beepers.

ARKs, such a touchy subject. I was a Guide in That Other Game, and I would never do it again, no matter how much I loved any game I was playing. It's extremely difficult to maintain high quality consistency in a program like this, sad to say. Turn-over is high, the revelation of exploits/bugs that can be used to favor the player become known, both 'good' and 'bad' ones become frustrated from time to time and so on. It's also difficult and time consuming to monitor quality from a CS perspective. So, while I don't disagree with your point at all, there would probably need to be quite a bit of work done to get this done.